Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MH101 (BA Joint Hons.) - Do I need higher level Irish?

Options
  • 14-03-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am planning to study French, English, and another subject(maybe Anthropology, not sure yet) within the BA Joint Honours course and then continue in my second and third year with French and English.

My question: do I need higher level Irish? I was looking at the website but I couldn't really understand some parts of it and I couldn't find a specific e-mail address for the Arts courses, so I decided to come here to see if anybody knows. I'm considering dropping down from HL Irish to OL, I just wanted to know if that would affect my chances of being accepted because I'm not sure if HL is a requirement for the college?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

fosterr48 wrote: »
    I am planning to study French, English, and another subject(maybe Anthropology, not sure yet) within the BA Joint Honours course and then continue in my second and third year with French and English.

My question: do I need higher level Irish? I was looking at the website but I couldn't really understand some parts of it and I couldn't find a specific e-mail address for the Arts courses, so I decided to come here to see if anybody knows. I'm considering dropping down from HL Irish to OL, I just wanted to know if that would affect my chances of being accepted because I'm not sure if HL is a requirement for the college?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Unless they've changed the requirements no you don't. I got in with ordinary level and all you need is to pass it as far as I'm aware. It didn't have to count towards your points either in case that's a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fosterr48

Unless they've changed the requirements no you don't. I got in with ordinary level and all you need is to pass it as far as I'm aware. It didn't have to count towards your points either in case that's a worry.

Oh, that's great to hear. Thanks so much for helping me! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

fosterr48 wrote: »
    Oh, that's great to hear. Thanks so much for helping me! :)

No problem. I hope the LC goes well for you and that we might see you here next year! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

No, you definitely don't need higher Irish to get into the course. Just be sure to know you might need a higher level C3 in French in order to take French as a subject. You should ask your career guidance teacher about this to be sure.
    Best of luck with the LC, hope everything goes well! :D

Advertisement