Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guy Ritchie's King Arthur

Options
  • 12-03-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0311/686159-aidan-gillen/

Aidan Gillen has been cast opposite Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Eric Bana, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey and Djimon Hounsou in director Guy Ritchie's King Arthur.
    Hunnam is in the title role, with Gillen as Goosefat Bill, Bergès-Frisbey as Guinevere, Hounsou as Bedivere, Law as Vortigern and Bana as King Uther Pendragon.
    Filming has begun at Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden in the UK, with location shooting to take place in Wales and Scotland.
    The film is due for release on July 22, 2016

No Merlin or Morgana cast yet (Gary Oldman has been rumoured for Merlin)

I am looking forward to seeing what Ritchie's take on this tale will be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Oy! Lancelot, get yer mitts off my missus you MUPPET!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is this not already filming? Kurt Sutter retweeted Richies pic of Charlie Hunnam as Arthur in a forest the other day.

EDIT. So it has, from the article.

Would they not want to hurry up and get the parts cast so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The blurb about Arthur being streetwise makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Vinny Jones as Merlin I reckon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Beckham has joined now too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Film is called King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Didn't create new thread as this one already existed even though last post was over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That's some cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like typical Guy Ritchie - style over substance.

Out next March.

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like typical Guy Ritchie - style over substance.

Out next March.

Yeah my first reaction was that the effects looked a bit odd, cheap in some places, not in others. Then so many in the cast was what caught my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be released March 2017

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looks like scutter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That trailer Does.Not.Look.Good. Highly reminiscent of Game of Thrones, but without the wit, ultraviolence and bewbs: sure, what good is that?

You know nothing Guy Ritchie.

Of course the actual finished film could be better than what is promised there - a long way and much post production is yet to come - but something about King Arthur sporting an oh so current undercut fills me with foreboding for the whole project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think it looks kind of interesting actually. Looks like there is a bit of quirkiness there that I like in Ritchie's films even the ones that didnt fare so well over their complete running time. I don't really get the Game of Thrones feel about it either to be honest, I think every medieval or medieval-fantasy film is forever doomed to be compared to GOT, even in just look, regardless of content.

The dialogue at the start is like 'Lock Stock and the Round Table' :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ricero wrote: »
    Looks like scutter

Guy Ritchie is directing. That's pretty much a guarantee its muck.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For some reason I could have swore Guy Ritchie already made a King Arthur movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Love the Zep song in it but jeezus it looks like Michael Bay and James Wan had an over 9,000 level child that wants all of the monies. Oh and that's a BIG Oliphant? Meh but will watch to see if it is as bad as that Last Airbender thingy......coz Arthur is now an Airbender yeah? Ammirite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For some reason I could have swore Guy Ritchie already made a King Arthur movie.

The Clive Owen one was done by Antoine Fuqua and I think that was the one last one done

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Clive Owen one was done by Antoine Fuqua and I think that was the one last one done

I really enjoy the Fuqua / Owen version, I'll always watch it when it's on (doesn't seem to be often nowadays). Great cast too, Owen, Skarsgaard, Edgerton, Mikkelson, Stevenson, Winsome.

The first reviews are out. Ow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

How many sequels were they planning for this again?

The impression I've gotten from reviews is that it's a bog standard King Arthur film. Nothing majorly new except Guy Ritchie adding his way of doing special effects and all that.

Jesus what an absolutely horrible looking film. An American cast as Englands most famous King, still talking in an American accent, with gelled back hair. Loads of explosions before gunpowder was even invented, and teleporting sword fights.

What a great thing for film the Chinese market is. We'll have Jesus driving muscle cars soon.

As for Guy Ritchie he was on Rogans podcast the other day. Interesting guy, but he's phoning it in for cash now. Making films for his kids to enjoy. He said as much himself. Madonna must have sucked the life out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Charlie Humman is English.

Charlie Humman is English.

Ha! He sounded like Jax Teller in the bit of dialogue in the trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

What a great thing for film the Chinese market is. We'll have Jesus driving muscle cars soon.

Edit: Of course, that skit was made before Gibson actually announced a sequel to Passion of the Christ

Advertisement