Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time 10th March 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Not to offay with twitter...in fact I sent my first 2 tweets to Finian Mc Grath.

Are we tweeting to @RTE_PrimeTime and using the #rtept, #Ireland and #guns...?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, but the #rtept should take priority, then the @RTE_PrimeTime address, then #guns and then #Ireland. Depends on how much room you have in the tweet (that lovely 140 character limit...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Given the current balls-up over the headshop legislation, I'm wondering if Prime Time be changing topic for tonight?

I don't know if they could prep a program and have it swapped in that fast. Or that they'd think it worth it if the Dail has the problem sorted.

On the other hand, opening the Six-One News with "Tonight, for one night only, ecstasy, ketamine and crystal meth are all legal in Ireland"... that's kindof a big magnet of a line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Don't know how true this is but I've been told that William Eagan is going on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

BillBen wrote: »
    Don't know how true this is but I've been told that William Eagan is going on tonight.

He would probably be a good speaker on our behalf.

Definitely on the legal aspects of it, but to be honest, there's one message that's really important to get out tonight to the audience of Prime Time, and it's something like this:
    The most important thing to remember is that the law keeps the public safe. The Firearms Act prohibits the Gardai from giving out firearms licences if doing so would create a threat to the public or the peace and if that threat arises after the licence is given out, the Firearms Act empowers them to revoke the licence instantly. Firearms licence owners are vetted thoroughly by the Gardai and licences are only issued where there's a valid reason for having the firearm, where the applicant has a safe place to use it and a secure place to store it, and these things are checked by the Gardai both during the application and at random inspections after the licence is issued. While there are problems with the Firearms Act, they're problems that only affect sportspeople, they don't compromise public safety and can be readily resolved by the Oireachtas in a very straightforward manner if they so wished.

Joe Public doesn't much care about the legislation mess, or the rows or anything else, not until he or she knows about that bit first.

Problem is, I timed it and that takes 45 seconds to say, 55 if you say it without rushing. I don't think I've ever seen someone given 45 uninterrupted, unedited seconds to speak on Prime Time who wasn't a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

For those who have seen Wille in action in a court room, he goes into minuete details...The credits will be rolling before he gets halfway to answering the first question..:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Bit of a disagreement already between the Nargc and Wdai over this programme , not good.Everybody needs to pull together on this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What does he know about firearms?

Can he answer from a firearm owner perspective in terms of mechanism, functionality, etc?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Bit of a disagreement already between the Nargc and Wdai over this programme , not good.Everybody needs to pull together on this.

To be honest, this programme is such a high-risk activity given its previous history, I could understand people disagreeing about whether or not to do it. In fact, if nobody was saying "here lads, hold up, this could be awful", I'd have a hell of a lot more questions than if there was a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

is it live or recorded.

Sparks wrote: »
    To be honest, this programme is such a high-risk activity given its previous history, I could understand people disagreeing about whether or not to do it. In fact, if nobody was saying "here lads, hold up, this could be awful", I'd have a hell of a lot more questions than if there was a row.

Whats the betting it's about the deer hunting section?And about who encroached onto whoms terrority?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Whats the betting it's about the deer hunting section?And about who encroached onto whoms terrority?

About fifty-fifty with "who thought this was a good idea in the first place?" I would wager.

bpb101 wrote: »
    is it live or recorded.

Recorded aSFIK,was trying to get tickets or some info out of PT on procedures for such.Answering machine at the end of the phone and no return to emails either.Says alot already.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Any chance of putting the addresses in here to e mail and send messages to? I know it's in the proposal page somewhere but could be handy have it all to hand

I'm not on Twitt, FB or whatever else you kids are using but is this what you are looking for:
    People should be tweeting to @RTE_PrimeTime and using the #rtept. We should also have another one that identify the topic . something like #firearmslaw may be a bit long

Thoughts???
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Sparks wrote: »
    About fifty-fifty with "who thought this was a good idea in the first place?" I would wager.

Along them lines alright.hard to comment on it yet till we see how the clip of the deer being culled will be used.The 2 deer where instant kills and not runners at least.

do we get the full show or half of it?
    those of you who say the advert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They're running a segment on the IRA sex allegations too so that will take up some time.

• Advertisement

advert - sorry about audio quality

who is the mother of 7 at the start

Oh suffering carp.

And it's Finian McGrath on the interview part as well.
    FFS...

On @RTE_PrimeTime 9.35- @PadraigMacL & @KatieGHannon on tonight's allegations of IRA coverup of rape;& @Finianmcgrathtd on our gun laws
    -
    Miriam O'Callaghan via twitter

advert - sorry about audio quality

who is the mother of 7 at the start
    Someone that don't know what contraception is

https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/status/575400976544198657

Leading with mass shootings. Suffering fish.

Healy - Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Believe. Making it up again. No proof so leaves us to prove a negative

And there are the mass shooting, murders, etc. by criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

was that gun legally held ? If it was modified, was it still legal ?

• Advertisement

Oh here we go with AGS bullsht!Whats the point of pointing out the accessories on a restricted firearm....???Awhats amurder got todo with ligit firearms ownership//

Advertisement