Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First build - gaming ~ €1000 - 1200

• 06-03-2015 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I've decided to take the plunge and join the so-called PC master-race but am finding it a bit overwhelming. I am aware that building your own PC gets you more bang for your book but the more I go looking the less I know what I need. I was looking at going through custompc.ie but some googling lead me to believe they were "cowboys", and the dab.ie bundles look tempting but I'm afraid I don't know what else I'd need in the way of case, cooling etc..

1. What is your budget? around €1000. maxed at 1200 if postage and everything is included.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mostly gaming, specifically Diablo 3, Modded Skyrim, Civ 5 and possibly Witcher 3 (when it is out - but I don't need to run it on max) I play music and I would like to have the option of recording to my PC but this doesn't need to be at a professional level. (Already have a USB audio interface + gear)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 23' or 24' but not too fussy

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wifi adapter, Keyboard, Mouse, headset, required. (Don't mind picking up these bits myself.)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes but apprehensive, I'm new to this :-P

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer, paypal or card

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next week.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Artane, North Dublin City.

Thanks for any help / input you can offer! If I haven't answer everything let me know.

Comments

Advertisement