Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Does four (4) count as a lot? If not, you could always go on a rampage for Octopi. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Does anybody have a lot of ink sacks they don't want?

260,234 for entrance to squid farm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

welchy wrote: »
    260,234 for entrance to squid farm

I've afk'd at it for about 15 minutes and got nothing, is there something I need to do for it to work?

Dont know really :confused: I got 6 sacs after a few minutes last night

Edit: Just checked a minute ago and there's 36 inc sacks in the chest now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

welchy wrote: »
    Dont know really :confused: I got 6 sacs after a few minutes last night

Edit: Just checked a minute ago and there's 36 inc sacks in the chest now

Huh, that's weird. I would like them if I may. The End is going to look scarier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

A lot of them 36 sacks are from me testing it (I don't want them)

I think you have to stand a minimum distance from the water for squid to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I believe I have found the problem. squid farms need to be in a area with little to no water and the area u built it in has a lot of water. I am going to try ina desert and see if i have any success.

Only water from levels 63 to 45 will spawn squids btw

a msg came up saying the server will restart in 5 mins. what is this?

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    a msg came up saying the server will restart in 5 mins. what is this?

All Minecraft Realms are hosted by Mojang, who periodically reset the server (not the map).

• Advertisement

Was it updates to the server?

Was it updates to the server?

Nope, it's just something all games servers do habitually to keep everything ticking over as it should. It's beyond my expertise to explain exactly what happens, but I think it basically flushes the CPU and RAM of processes and starts it again. Only thing that changes on the actual game is it deletes all entities floating on the floor (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Have been teaching the little one how to play Minecraft over the last week or so, she's 2, thinking of recording and uploading a new world where she gets to make all the major decisions as we try get to the nether. Some of the stuff she comes out with is golden.

Should be fun, any suggestions?

Have been teaching the little one how to play Minecraft over the last week or so, she's 2, thinking of recording and uploading a new world where she gets to make all the major decisions as we try get to the nether. Some of the stuff she comes out with is golden.

Should be fun, any suggestions?

I play a lot of single player too, one thing I like to do if it gets a little dull is to set myself stupid rules to follow - must eat vegetarian for a week, can't break cobblestone, no armour, can't jump for a week. Sounds fun though!

Dark when will the scavenger hunt begin? I see u have a sign up saying its starting soon.

Stumbled on a gaggle of horses while extending the railway: about eight around 323, -469. With the added convenience of access by rail: head north from spawn, hang a right at the T, and keep going. :cool:

PS: at the moment, the rail is not a circle: I'm extending it all the way around the swampland and back.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

I believe I have found the problem. squid farms need to be in a area with little to no water and the area u built it in has a lot of water. I am going to try ina desert and see if i have any success.

Update - I took a look this morning, and squid are spawning there. A couple dropped out while I was there, and i put the ink sacs in the chest. It also trapped a witch, which tried to poison me ...

My squid farm is now complete and is working. Its full automatic and all you need to do is collect the ink sacs from the chest. I also added a water elevator down to the collection area/ During mining out part of the collection system I found a dungeon so the squid farm will become a exp/mob drop farm too! I made a tower/monument thing to mark the place the farms in and the co ords are 91/66/941 if anyone wants to use it (dark:)) I included a few pics if any1 wants to look.

link to album: http://imgur.com/a/Jrvle

How rare are white horses? This is the first one I can recall seeing - a bit to the south of the rest:

341353.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tiffbunny

bnt wrote: »
    How rare are white horses? This is the first one I can recall seeing

I always end up with a white horse named Shadowfax on every server I play on, but it does take a bit of searching to get one: the whites are a lot less common than the browns and blacks. (As will be the case in America soon if you listen to a certain kind of person!)

*rimshot*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

What's the story with this scavenger hunt? Did it start?

Paging Dr. Glasses

It did not, sorry lads been distracted with moving job, moving house, the Sunburn Islands CTM map, and Starcraft 2 :o

I honestly don't know when I'll get around to it, if anyone wants to take over the project, drop me a pm.

I'll give it a start tomorrow

Ye I will help to if u fill me in on the jist of things.

The treasure hunt has begun :D:D

Go to the pillar at spawn and read the rules. First clue is there too. Happy hunting!

Woooohooooo! Thanks for that Welchy, lotsa fun :D

342198.png

Yay! I have proper internet again! :D

4223750471.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

:(

/jelly

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    :(

/jelly

In fairness, if anyone deserved it, it's me! My Wexford internet is ridiculous...

3892352137.png

Advertisement