Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

new trailer pretty hype.
    kung's hat stuff looks slick and that mutlipunch thing made me laugh,
    i like kitana's new look, hopefully her half sister will look just as good :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

377406e7be13753861b9bc4c32801a6397cd18447d428d413303e124d0bd638e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

The game looks gdlk, proper next-gen. Can't wait to play it, hopefully its good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Kitana bae <3

Fergus all about them waifus Kappa

• Advertisement

mileena and shang leaked from in store gamestop ad

prepare your collective asses for maximum annoyance once again :):):)

also baraka's voice is in the game according to bob carter resume and the agency that he works for so all i need now to hear hes playable and then my body will be 900000% ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I'll just leave these here for you're viewing pleasure. It's a good read.

The channel also has Injustice comics uploaded and even the classic Killer Instinct comics. It's best to read while in full screen at 1080p.

My all time favourite fighting game character has just been revealed to be in MKX.

2gen wrote: »

My all time favourite fighting game character has just been revealed to be in MKX.

ya betta play this more than you did mk9 then :pac:

he looks pretty copy and paste from mk9 from the trailer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

copypasta.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Fun fact: Reptile was silent in MK1-3 then started speaking from MK4 onwards. He was silent again in MK9, which was set during MK1-3 and now speaks as the timeline has caught up to MK4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

ya betta play this more than you did mk9 then :pac:

he looks pretty copy and paste from mk9 from the trailer :(

I think they have changed him a bit while keeping the feel of mk9.

Nutrient wrote: »
    copypasta.jpg

Good poster for capcom over the past 20 years :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Forest Demon let's not do the whole "mah gamez better dan urs" thing, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Wow, two chars revealed in one week, NRS might be revealing chars much more frequently in the run-up to the release date.

Can't say that I'm impressed by Ermac, his attacks are lacking a lot of "ouch factor", looking more suited for Injustice imo.

Although his body twist fatality looks cool, if a bit unintentionally funny.

Story mode trailer, and NRS are going all Hollywood on it. Impressive. A boatload of new chars are revealed as well.

Macal wrote: »

Story mode trailer, and NRS are going all Hollywood on it. Impressive. A boatload of new chars are revealed as well.

I'm really looking forward to watching the story mode in full. MK has always been like my "soap opera" since I was a kid, waiting to see what stories were canon etc (for example, when I was waiting for MKD after MKDA to see if Reptile did in fact become the dragon king).

As for the new characters... I'm a little underwhelmed... a female Jax, son of Kenshi and a green arrow clone who is a descendant of Kung Lao (assuming the "Great Kung Lao", previous champion who was defeated by Goro).

Anyway, I know I'll keep an eye on the MK c(K)omics as they are released. It's a pretty epic story so far imo!

Damn, this game is looking better and better! Can't wait, so hypeeeeeeeeeee

Capcom need to wake the **** up and pay attention to what these guys are doing.

Can you imagine if Street Fighter had a story mode even half as impressive?

THIS is how you draw in a new crowd, THIS is how you grab the casual player. Not with feckin' easy mode gems and quick combos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Aye, gotta give Netherrealm credit for their story modes. MK9 and IJ had fantastic single player modes, and I've watched their stories through fully just watching cutscenes because they're basically as entertaining as some actual animated movies.

Can't wait for this. What's the story with Goro and preorder? Is Game still in Ireland? I have not seen their stores anywhere for a long time.

Can't wait for this. What's the story with Goro and preorder? Is Game still in Ireland? I have not seen their stores anywhere for a long time.

No they are not.

I just checked and Goro comes with psn download preorder versions also.

I will just get the all dlc one for 89 I think. You can download it in advance and it unlocks at midnight on day game comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

all looking good but not a fan of the brutality's while there is nothing wrong was expecting something a bit more over the top

eastyy wrote: »
    all looking good but not a fan of the brutality's while there is nothing wrong was expecting something a bit more over the top

I'm not sure it gets more over the top than this....

was thinking something a bit like the original brutality with a combo and a fatality at the end but still they have said there is a lot of hidden brutalities some that need special circumstances

Eh...

not a fan of mobile games at all and i do not think that will change anything for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Getting kinda tired of potential hype FG trailers being ruined at the end with the word "mobile"...

Advertisement