Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RDS bikeshow..youre experiences here..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I hope the organisers can come on here and personally apologise to you pal...you seem really upset ....chillax..:p

Dont EVER go to the classic car show in Terenure if youre offended by wanton vandalism..it happens everywhere kids (read ; scumbags) are allowed.;)

On the contrary I could not give a rats ass, its others who seem very upset that other people found the show average at best but I actually posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They're not there any longer.. I haven't been with them in awhile, and my bike is sitting in my garden with a f*cked up clutch :mad:

Must be all the wheelies :p
    Clutch went last week, on most Jap bikes I'd have replaced it at lunch time ~ on a BMW its going to cost me an absolute f*cking fortune (cheapest quote so far is €900).

Ah jaysus. Dry clutch and a longitudinal engine, it's an easier and cheaper job on most cars than that! P**s easy job on any wet clutch transverse engine bike, but that's no consolation to you :(
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    But when you pay in and you can't even try to explain that you did its piss poor. Give a goon a radio and an ear piece and they think they are in the ERU.

It's simple. You pay in and go past the point where you pay in, if at any event you want to go back past the point you pay in, then talk to the lads/lasses at the door to make sure you'll get a pass back in. Any event will have p**s takers trying to sneak in for free, you can't blame them and at most music events you would not be let back in no matter what. You should've sorted it out before you went outside.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Thread should be renamed "post your good experiences here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Must be all the wheelies :p

Ah jaysus. Dry clutch and a longitudinal engine, it's an easier and cheaper job on most cars than that! P**s easy job on any wet clutch transverse engine bike, but that's no consolation to you :(

I don't clutch a bike up, I've always done it off the gas (bad habit I got into and drop changed).. I've about 85km on it and do a bit of two up riding so I'm not altogether surprised, I'm just sick about the price.

bitch/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

I like to see the custom and classic/vintage sections which seemed bigger/ better this year..the rest as far as I was concerned was, to put it politely , definitely average. Nice to see John McGuiness though..
    And howdy to the lad on the VW trike with the WX reg, saw it walking into the show and then passed him on the Bray bypass on the way home in the lashing sleet and snow, hard man..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    I like to see the custom and classic/vintage sections which seemed bigger/ better this year..the rest as far as I was concerned was, to put it politely , definitely average. Nice to see John McGuiness though..
    And howdy to the lad on the VW trike with the WX reg, saw it walking into the show and then passed him on the Bray bypass on the way home in the lashing sleet and snow, hard man..:)

Real biker..............:)

Yeah it would be nice if they combined this show with the Leopardstown classic show......you'd still get people pi$$ing and moaning though..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

On the contrary I could not give a rats ass, its others who seem very upset that other people found the show average at best but I actually posted it.

you have already admitted that you did not even attend so it is a bit much to come on here complaining about the show.

For me, things I saw and I hadn't seen before :-
    Honda range of 700cc twins . Also upgrade to 500 twins.
    Royal Enfield. very nice classics. Really like the new models.
    BMW seemed to have their full range there. All worth a look.
    Indian. ( the new Indian) Not sure when this range was introduced. To me , they really seemed to capture the look of the old Chiefs.
    Suzuki, Ducati, Harley and Yamaha all had good stands. Yamaha showed R1M ( behind glass case).
    KTM 390 cc single. I was unaware they made a 390cc single.
    Volt motorcycles launched a full range of electric motorcycles and scooters. These are Irish made. Not sure when there was last a launch of an Irish made motorcycle - certainly I don' t remember it.
    Good to see Fox engineering there. They supplied man y hard to find bearings for me in the past.
    Classic show was interesting. The Celtic, Harry Lindsays old Irish made bike was displayed. Something you don't see everyday. And a beautiful A65.
    Custom bikes, while not really my scene , was interesting as usual.
    i was particularly interested in the travel companies as my interest is more towards travel than sport. There were at least 5 different companies there. I discovered services I was unaware of, such as bike transport ( thanks overlanders.ie) which i will use in the future.
    I also had a chance to meet Michael Dunlop and John McGuinness and they were both happy to talk to everyone. Much more accessible than guests at the NEC show. I also saw a guy starting a 5000cc twin with a kick - how often do you see that?
    Another big benefit was that every stand was targeted at the Irish motorcyclist. Often in NEC and other foreign shows, you find services or products are not available here.

And all for €15

Obviously, WondaBoy, you are entitled to your opinion. However, in order to give at least the appearance of objectivity, next time could you at least attend before writing such a negative review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

It was a good day out.

Like most things in life, it is what you make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I was too hungover to go for a spin on the bike so decided to go to the show instead, I dragged the brother in law a long and he really enjoyed it. He doesn't have a bike but enjoyed the fact he was able to sit on the different bikes on show, I did too, once I spotted the Yamaha tracer.

There were some good deals too, I picked up some gloves and tools at a steal. The show was probably best if you you were looking for some cheap gear. On that note, cotters are doing free fitting on tyres until the end of March so I'm tempted to try out the PR4s now.

I understand where Wonda is coming from, it is far from being a great show. The layout was brutal, food was crap and the entertainment was pretty weak, if you could find a place to see anything. Most stalls were selling something rather than displaying something of interest, which has its pros and cons depending on whether you plan to buy something. Some stalls were selling the most random crap unrelated to bikes but all exhibitions (in Ireland anyway) seem to have that. Otherwise, the fact i wasn't out for a spin yesterday it fulfilled all my motorbike related needs for the day.

rock22 wrote: »
    you have already admitted that you did not even attend so it is a bit much to come on here complaining about the show.

For me, things I saw and I hadn't seen before :-
    Honda range of 700cc twins . Also upgrade to 500 twins.
    Royal Enfield. very nice classics. Really like the new models.
    BMW seemed to have their full range there. All worth a look.
    Indian. ( the new Indian) Not sure when this range was introduced. To me , they really seemed to capture the look of the old Chiefs.
    Suzuki, Ducati, Harley and Yamaha all had good stands. Yamaha showed R1M ( behind glass case).
    KTM 390 cc single. I was unaware they made a 390cc single.
    Volt motorcycles launched a full range of electric motorcycles and scooters. These are Irish made. Not sure when there was last a launch of an Irish made motorcycle - certainly I don' t remember it.
    Good to see Fox engineering there. They supplied man y hard to find bearings for me in the past.
    Classic show was interesting. The Celtic, Harry Lindsays old Irish made bike was displayed. Something you don't see everyday. And a beautiful A65.
    Custom bikes, while not really my scene , was interesting as usual.
    i was particularly interested in the travel companies as my interest is more towards travel than sport. There were at least 5 different companies there. I discovered services I was unaware of, such as bike transport ( thanks overlanders.ie) which i will use in the future.
    I also had a chance to meet Michael Dunlop and John McGuinness and they were both happy to talk to everyone. Much more accessible than guests at the NEC show. I also saw a guy starting a 5000cc twin with a kick - how often do you see that?
    Another big benefit was that every stand was targeted at the Irish motorcyclist. Often in NEC and other foreign shows, you find services or products are not available here.

And all for €15

Obviously, WondaBoy, you are entitled to your opinion. However, in order to give at least the appearance of objectivity, next time could you at least attend before writing such a negative review.

Did you even read my posts I have been to the RDS numerous times....nothing has changed. I go out biking with a rake of lads and they went and I was talking to them about the show. So you want me to be a hypocrite and go AGAIN pay and then my opinions would be more valid in your eyes. :rolleyes: My presence at the show was not necessary to form an opinion of a show I have been to before. I dont need to go to war torn Ukraine to know its not for me.

If I was to come on here and say I did not like the Belfast show or indeed the NEC or London Shows (which I have attended twice also) as its not in the south of Ireland or Ireland in general nobody would bat an eyelid......LMAO.

Have a nice day good sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

It wasn't a bad show to fair but in saying that I got a free ticket for the Friday evening. Parking was free which I thought was nice and I got to throw the leg over a few nice bikes.
    The only issue I had with the show was we a lad on one of the stands had a comment to stay about my hi-vis under his breath when I walked by. He was in turn told to go fist himself.

The hi-vis I was wearing was one of those Polite think bike ones.

The star of the show for me was the Volt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

dre_jspeed wrote: »

The star of the show for me was the Volt.

Knew nothing of these until the show...very dear though....€9k for the equivalent of a 125 petrol..:eek:
    Although it felt as big as a 600 when i sat on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

It is OK to say that you don't want to visit a country without going there.
    But if you are going to criticize an event or something that people have organized it would be good if you have first hand experience of the event.

If you criticize the way something is done, then you have to say what is, or was done wrong, and how it could be done better, or how it could be done differently.

If you just say that something was done 'arseways' without saying how you think it should have been done, then I think you are just having a moan for the sake of having a moan.

Knew nothing of these until the show...very dear though....€9k for the equivalent of a 125 petrol..:eek:
    Although it felt as big as a 600 when i sat on it...

Is that how much they want for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I think it was very poor that kawasaki had no stand. If memory serves me right, the last show Phillip Mccallens had a huge stand just inside the door with Triumph, Kawasaki and KTM.

P.C. wrote: »
    It is OK to say that you don't want to visit a country without going there.
    But if you are going to criticize an event or something that people have organized it would be good if you have first hand experience of the event.

If you criticize the way something is done, then you have to say what is, or was done wrong, and how it could be done better, or how it could be done differently.

If you just say that something was done 'arseways' without saying how you think it should have been done, then I think you are just having a moan for the sake of having a moan.

I HAVE 1ST HAND EXPERIENCE OF THE SHOW I HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE BEFORE. DID YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU TROLL MY POSTS

Rinse and repeat what others have said for a troll. How original....:rolleyes:

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    I think it was very poor that kawasaki had no stand. If memory serves me right, the last show Phillip Mccallens had a huge stand just inside the door with Triumph, Kawasaki and KTM.

Well at least you got a small plain hotdog for €5 with no sauce for your trouble!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Well at least you got a small plain hotdog for €5 with no sauce for your trouble!

:pac::pac::pac:

There was sauce actually mustard and ketchup, sure what do you know you were not even there FFS!!!

I see your point though I think the show is very half assed even the women could do with an overhaul!!!!
    I don't think its worth the 15 euro in, however I was prepared to pay it in the hope that it will bring the show in and they will improve year on year.

I was doing nothing else saturday and it was an excuse to take the bike out and meet up with a few lads for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I HAVE 1ST HAND EXPERIENCE OF THE SHOW I HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE BEFORE. DID YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU TROLL MY POSTS

Rinse and repeat what others have said for a troll. How original....:rolleyes:

So you weren't there this year then? or were you?

Btw increasing your post size does nothing for your point, it just makes it look pig ignorant tbh.

listermint wrote: »

Btw increasing your post size does nothing for your point, it just makes it look pig ignorant tbh.

What does it make you then, with a comment like that...you dont know me. You could be an arse hole for all I know. But I will hold judgement until I meet you and confirm it.

Jaysus think of my feelings ffs!

• Advertisement

And here is me thinking that we were asked for experience for this years show but hey there is always one keyboard warrior hanging around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

:mad:

340689.jpg

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement