Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Irish Fighting Game players list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Hey Doom just wondering how young you can be to enter one of these tournaments

Do you still do ssbm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

SuperChar wrote: »
    Hey Doom just wondering how young you can be to enter one of these tournaments

I don't believe we have any age limits on participation.

One of our most popular Marvel commentators was an eight-ish year old girl.

And even younger than that again, we have Fergus.
    Do you still do ssbm

We've had one tournament for SSBM within the organisation of this forum to my knowledge. Strawberry Oreo is looking run more and I am looking forward to those! It's not unreasonable to think either that we could have another at the next Day of Champions if there is demand.

The main rule for tournaments is that "Tournaments happen as long as people show up for them".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I believe Oreo has already ran one and plans to run more.

I wasn't available to record sadly (which, under wrestling rules, means it never happened :D )

We've actually had a 13 year old winner of a marvel tournament before, Dwy!

Thanks Guys :)

• Advertisement

I though you guys stopped doing ssbm because its not on the player/gamel list

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VagaBlonde

New here. Can't edit that file right now, but once I edit my sig, my GT will be below. I'm getting back into SF after a long time of feeling burnt out. On SSFIVae recently as just got it. It's not bad. Not bad at all.

Hope to see some of you guys on XBL. Just send me an add request.

EDIT: It would appear I am unable to add a signature until I have X post count. My GT is Captain HOi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I though you guys stopped doing ssbm because its not on the player/gamel list

Well I only made it about a year and a half ago to help people find online games with others. It's more useful if you play something less popular like Persona or Virtua fighter, to find the few others who play that.

Since SSBM doesn't have online, and Brawl fell out of popularity long ago, nobody ever saw fit to add them.

I assume Smash 4 will have online though and that would definitely be worth a column when it's released.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Added PC column to the KOF section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Big Gaskin

I added a Blazblue Chrono phantasma column

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I added a Killer Instinct column.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Added myself to the doc. Only play SSF2T on GGPO and supercade.

My YouTube Channel showcasing top GGPO SSF2T play from around the world if anyone's interested.

Thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mojojojoprime

Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Strijdgeest

Yo, I tried to add myself to the document but I wouldn't see a save button so Idk if it worked? but my gt is Strijdgeest, been looking for some serious Irish gamers and competitions for a while now. Playing on SSF IV AE at the moment but I'll get ultra as soon as possible. Do you guys play SF III TS?

- Strijdy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not at the minute, but any excuse to get back into 3S is always welcomed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A few of us play 3S for the craic, we wouldn't be awfui at it though. Then there's Ramza the beast, and Dreddy "The Korean 'The Iceman' Inferno" Bajs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I like playing 3s every now and then, Ramza and chunkis are the best in the country at it.

I think honestly that 3s is more balanced than SSF IV, but that's just my opinion. I'll be getting USSF soon enough I'm still playing on AE -.-

What do most of you guys use controller or joysticks?

• Advertisement

Majority play on stick, but many of our best players are on pad. You can check out lots of Irish FGC footage over at brianvondoom's youtube channel.

Also, I think a lot of people would beg to differ re: 3s being more balanced than 4!

To each their own I suppose! Although, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong in what I said.

I'm considering getting a stick but I do enjoy Dpads a lot, I need a new controller so bad I'm dropping most of my combos at the moment cause the things like a bag of lego..

Also, I joined the IRC chat and asked if there were any events coming up soon but never got a reply. I'd love to put my name down for something, only a C ranked player at the moment but I can hold my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

3s is ridiculously unbalanced but that doesn't mean it's not a fun game.

Whereabouts are you based?

Dublin has casual sessions every Wednesday and Saturday in the XGC. Here's the thread for this Wednesday.

Yeah I'm based in Dublin, nice one Onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Would anyone mind if I rejig the spreadsheet to push the new/active games to the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Would be a good idea, there's a lot of stuff on there that basically nobody plays hogging prime real estate at the front.

Get Dota to f*** as well, it's a fighting game list. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Added a KOF 98 UMFE column for the Steam release. Somebody could add a column for the 360 version if they wanted, but even the Steam version is real quiet right now, so I didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A World

Hey guys,
    I just added myself on the list.

Happy to see there are some fighting games fans in ireland, hopefully especially in Cork so i join some casuals sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

just updated with a few games ...never really had much time to play due to work...though time is freed up now

Advertisement