Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fire after a lightning strike?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Yeah about 20 lightning strikes in as many seconds. It was madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I think Pompus may not have learned his animals in school.

Ts0Hwu7.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is it just me, or are those flowers slowly disappearing? Huh...wonder what that means.

1.8.2 is being released today - one kind of important change is that the usual methods for breaking bedrock are now patched - growing trees and placing beds on tall grass no longer work. We'll need to find a new way to get to the roof of the nether :(

• Advertisement

I didn't even know that stuff was possible O:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pompous wrote: »
    I didn't even know that stuff was possible O:
    Yeah, I had to go and read up about it. The roof apparently has all the advantages of the Nether - 8x travel - with none of the disadvantages. It's perfecly flat and mobs only spawn in spawners, which is good for farming. I saw a video that points you at a specific point in the Nether where you could exploit a glitch: jump in to a minecart, jump out on to a ladder and up on to the roof.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Yeah, I had to go and read up about it. The roof apparently has all the advantages of the Nether - 8x travel - with none of the disadvantages. It's perfecly flat and mobs only spawn in spawners, which is good for farming. I saw a video that points you at a specific point in the Nether where you could exploit a glitch: jump in to a minecart, jump out on to a ladder and up on to the roof.

I've been doing it in my single player world - it's really convenient for making rail travel in the nether. You just plop down the tracks straight to wherever you want to go, no need to dodge ghasts and lava.

The minecart trick still works, and the other (easier) way is to just spam ender pearls at the bedrock roof, eventually you'll glitch through.

I presume some clever people out there will find the new way to break bedrock, but until then, :(

You know there's always been access to the nether roof on the Boards server right by blands portal, right?....

On the server where he was digging the mother of all holes?

• Advertisement

Uh oh, looks like there's a Zerg hatchery spawning in my base...

On the server where he was digging the mother of all holes?

Its just above the portal to that place, on the nether side. Big hole in the ceiling.

welchy wrote: »
    Its just above the portal to that place, on the nether side. Big hole in the ceiling.

Weird. Is that server still online?

Uh oh, looks like there's a Zerg hatchery spawning in my base...

:D You recognized it! <3

Well actually, I was trying to make a creep tumor. You're gonna want to watch out for that creep...

Speaking of which, want to play some co-op 2v2 some time? I still suck ass, but I've won a couple of ranked games! I did six pool both times, I don't think my opposition were happy..

:D You recognized it! <3

Well actually, I was trying to make a creep tumor. You're gonna want to watch out for that creep...

Speaking of which, want to play some co-op 2v2 some time? I still suck ass, but I've won a couple of ranked games! I did six pool both times, I don't think my opposition were happy..

Oh. It's a bit big for a creep tumor :p

Yeah I'll play some co-op. I'll pick zerg so we can double 6-pool. Muahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tiffbunny

Nerds.

tiffbunny wrote: »
    Nerds are awesome

I could not agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

If there's space on the whitelist I'd love in, IGN: Kronnn

kronnn wrote: »
    If there's space on the whitelist I'd love in, IGN: Kronnn

Added

OK. Who duplicated my head? :eek:

340227.png

Someone's got some 'splainin' to do ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement

Things are not always what they seem..

340228.png

Pomp - I accidentally damaged your Guardian Dispenser. When I went in there, it was so heaving with Guardians I was getting about 1/2 fps. Tried to harvest a few, couldn't see what I was hitting, they all came out and then I was dead. I went back and got my stuff, and put the dispenser and button in a chest.

No worries :) Did all the guardians de-spawn?

No worries :) Did all the guardians de-spawn?
    Yep - I was able to retrieve my stuff, and get out just as a few more spawned. The lack of water seemed to be no problem whatsoever.

Someone double-tapped the button so a load of water dispensers were out of synch. While the farm was turned off a few water dispensers stayed on, spawning guardians. It's all fixed now.

I've been meaning to finish that farm. I just got it to the point where it was functioning and then abandoned the project.

Pomp - more weirdness. Found two horses wandering around your farm, so I stabled them in with the others. If they weren't yours, well ... you now have two more horses. :p

They used to be mine, but I gave them freedom. They earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tiffbunny

Found two horses wandering around your farm, so I stabled them in with the others. If they weren't yours, well ... you now have two more horses.
    They used to be mine, but I gave them freedom. They earned it.

Cue dramatic movie voiceover:

We were raised from foals between these small walls. We knew nothing of freedom, but life was good.

One day they let us go. For one day, one single solitary day, we thought we were free.

What fools we were....

The Underground RailFoalroad, coming soon to a theater near you.

More likely someone else will grab one and slap a saddle on it ... I might borrow one for a trip out to collect some stuff I stashed, way out west.

• Advertisement

Does anybody have a lot of ink sacks they don't want?

Advertisement