Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to lose 7lbs...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

SPM1959 wrote: »
    Need to lose at least 7lbs ASAP.
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Take off your belt and shoes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Diet is more effective than exercise for weight loss.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LizT wrote: »
    Have a baby. My friend lost 7 pounds 6 oz when she did that.

Must have been a tiny baby!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

If you have it to lose then just eat nothing for 3 days and then EAT very VERY little on day 4 and 5 to keep it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Eat some gone off Tuna

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

To get you started. Donate a pint of blood, probably weighs near enough a pound.

Amoebic Dysentery is a great way of loosing weight. OK not so much great as in fun, more great as in better stop loosing weight real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

SPM1959 wrote: »
    Probably best in the health and fitness forums but I might get a lecture there! AH is the busiest forum too so will attract more interest.

Need to lose at least 7lbs ASAP. What is the quickest way to do this?

Looking forward to serious and AH responses :)

I lost 80lbs in 5 weeks and ate a take out everyday as my reward. The take out was my only meal of the day for said 5 weeks and I simply walked it off. I had time though, I probably spent an average of 5/6 hours a day walking....same kinda pace as killinascully gang. I transformed so rapidly relatives/friends/locals whatever were not recognizing me. 7lbs should only take a few if you can spend a few days walking no joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

LucidLife wrote: »
    I lost 80lbs in 5 weeks and ate a take out everyday as my reward. The take out was my only meal of the day for said 5 weeks and I simply walked it off. I had time though, I probably spent an average of 5/6 hours a day walking....same kinda pace as killinascully gang. I transformed so rapidly relatives/friends/locals whatever were not recognizing me. 7lbs should only take a few if you can spend a few days walking no joke

What kind of take away did you have? A lettuce leaf? Were you very overweight? Have you kept it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I lost 80lbs in 5 weeks and ate a take out everyday as my reward.
    36kg in 5 weeks...an average of a kilo a day for 35 days.

That doesn't sound possible, and it couldn't be healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That can't be healthy, what was the calorie intake from that take away? Personally this sounds like a very silly way of losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Congrats on the weight loss. You must have been morbidly obese to lose so much in such little time.

Walking in an excellent way of shedding the lbs, but you should never reward yourself with a takeaway everyday, unless it's something healthy. Most people that try your method will put all that weight on rapidly within 6 months of losing it.

The best way of losing weight is to start walking for 30min a day, nice steady pace. As the lbs drop off you'll need to do more than 30min or make that 30min more intensive, you'll be burning less calories for the same workout as your weight decreases. Diet is very important, food shouldn't be seen as a reward, you should treat it as fuel for your body.

Few tips I've found handy: use public transport instead of driving, this will generally keep you more active, always use the stairs, walk to the shops, get a nice mix of fresh fruit and veg but don't overdo it on the fruit, drink plenty of water. Cut down on white breads, eat lots of fish, max of 1 takeaway each week; you'll get to a stage where you don't want them at all. Cut down on booze, when you're hungover you crave crappy foods and you're less likely to do your daily exercise.

I lost 50lbs, but it took me just over 6months and a complete change of lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Ya can loose a stone in 2 weeks by eating only green veg and as much of it as your able. Stuffs you up too. No hunger pangs. Cravings for other food groups tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Simple diet - take all sugar out of your teas/coffees/breakfast/snacks/drinks. Go low on the "natural" sugars in fruit/juice. Reduce all portion sizes during meals. Then walk 30mins a day at as fast a pace as you can manage. You'll be doing this right if you get a stitch in your side! You could drop 7lb easy (requires willpower...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

somuj wrote: »
    Ya can loose a stone in 2 weeks by eating only green veg and as much of it as your able. Stuffs you up too. No hunger pangs. Cravings for other food groups tho.

Sure you can, but it's seriously unhealthy. No protein, no fat, no carbs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

My friend Stabby McHobo can help. How much blood equates to 7lbs anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Not really. Your body will be burning its own fat for energy. No need for the carbs then. Plenty of nutrients in the veg. So long as its not all the time. Won't do a bit of harm. Cutting back on protein and regular fasting has amazing benefits for your body. Some fascinating research been done on it.

I think Michael Mosley did a horizon episode on it a few years ago. Its probably available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Huh?

All vegetables have fat, protein and carbs.

For example, sprouts have about 0.3% fat, about 3.4% protein and about 9% carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Go for a colonic irrigation.

Obviously you won't lose the seven pounds by doing this, but by removing any bloatedness, you will give the impression that you have.

I presume you need this emergency weight loss in order to fit into a suit/dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Go for a colonic irrigation.

I thought there was a general consensus that this didn't have any physical benefits at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Shrap wrote: »
    ...Then walk 30mins a day at as fast a pace as you can manage. You'll be doing this right if you get a stitch in your side!...

Low intensity exercise is best for burning fat.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Are you familiar with William Shakespeare's, The merchant of Venice. There's a good method for losing a pound of flesh there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Take up walking, running, cycling and swimming.

Give up alcohol, crisps, sweets, cake etc.

Reduce your calorie intake and make sure you're getting your calories from the right sources, no junk food. Drink 2 litres of water a day. A good breakfast should set you up for the day.

Depending on your starting weight you should lose 7lbs in 2 or 3 weeks. It took me about 10 days last year. I dropped another 11lbs over the next 8 weeks or so and have kept it off since. I intend losing another 10lbs this year but it'll be slow to shift because I'm not really too much overweight now. I've been injured for months, once I become fully active again it'll start to drop off slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Become a meth addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

Macavity. wrote: »
    Become a meth addict.

Become addicted to Ephedrine based medicine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Winter vomiting bug is great for losing weight.

Influenza too, you lose your appetite and sweat.

I don't put weight on so I rather not lose it, could mean I'm dying if I wanted to be dramatic...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

somuj wrote: »
    Not really. Your body will be burning its own fat for energy. No need for the carbs then. Plenty of nutrients in the veg. So long as its not all the time. Won't do a bit of harm. Cutting back on protein and regular fasting has amazing benefits for your body. Some fascinating research been done on it.

I think Michael Mosley did a horizon episode on it a few years ago. Its probably available online.

Load of nonsense. What's going to maintain your muscle mass while you're on this starvation diet? Fitness is as much about body composition as it is the number on the scale.

If the OP wants to lose weight they should eat a balanced diet with minimal crap, eliminate booze and scale back on processed carbohydrates as well as engage in some cardio and resistance exercises.

Eating nothing but broccoli or sprouts for two weeks is simply harmful, faddy nonsense that will lead to the OP piling the weight back on straight afterwards. Sustainable weight loss isn't something you achieve over a couple of weeks by going through extremes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Huh?

All vegetables have fat, protein and carbs.

For example, sprouts have about 0.3% fat, about 3.4% protein and about 9% carbs.

Yes, but not enough to sustain somebody living purely off of green veg for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Eat loads of yokes. You'll dance like a mad thing and won't be able to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Kissing and jumping.

Throw in a couple of Hand Jobs and the weight will fall off you.

Advertisement