Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mistake on winning slip - advice

• 10-02-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

How's it going lads. My own fault here I know but I got up a winning fourfold and I don't know what the story is with collecting.

Long story short I play the over 2.5 goal lines a lot. Usually I'd write the slip like this

All over 2.5 goals
    Team A v Team B 4/7
    Team C v Team D 5/6
    Team E v Team F 11/10
    Team G v Team H evens

However this time I forgot to put the "all over 2.5 goals" at the top.
    Suffice to say all the bets won. Have I any chance of collecting this?

The odds returned don't match up with any of the 1X2 results of the games if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd say you could collect depending on (a) the bookie involved and (b) your history with them or if you can show them that you do this type of bet all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Have you the odds for over 2.5 written?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Case by case basis this is normally. If you have the odds reflecting the odds that were posted for over 2.5 goals on that day for them games I'd say you've a good chance. But technically I'm sure they can say it's void and they'll just return your stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Thats a void bet the odds dont matter. The staff might be able to do something for you

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Yes I have the odds for over 2.5 written on them.

I'd say 90% of the bets I do are over 2.5 goals accas. However I accept it's most likely void.

I do get a refund though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

S23 wrote: »
    Yes I have the odds for over 2.5 written on them.

I'd say 90% of the bets I do are over 2.5 goals accas. However I accept it's most likely void.

I do get a refund though?

if u have the correct odds written down its pretty obvious the bet u wanted mate. ill be surprised if they dont pay u out. just be polite and explain to them nicely. common sense should prevail

Fingers crossed. As far as I can see the second game tightened from 5/6 to 7/10 before kick off.

Hopefully I can get a result but I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Looks clear as day to me its an accumulator.Go in and dont say anything and if they ask just them what happened and take it from there.

I thought for singles on a betslip you write the amount beside each bet other wise you write the amount at the bottom and its an accumulator.

It is an accum but the problem is the OP didn't write what the market was on the slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ianburke wrote: »
    if u have the correct odds written down its pretty obvious the bet u wanted mate.
    How is it obvious?
    There's probably 100 markets on a high profile match.

A few of them will match that format.
    There's a couple over/unders, goal in both halfs, both teams to score.
    Looks clear as day to me its an accumulator.
    That's no the issue.

• Advertisement

Went in and it was the usual girl that was at the counter. Gave her the slip and told her what happened. She says hang on. Comes back a few seconds later. She says 'sure you only ever do over 2.5 goals don't you'. Yeah says I.

She goes and checks the odds matched up from the games. Checks all the bets won. And hands over the cash. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

well done, was it a big return?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

common sense prevails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

S23 wrote: »
    Went in and it was the usual girl that was at the counter. Gave her the slip and told her what happened. She says hang on. Comes back a few seconds later. She says 'sure you only ever do over 2.5 goals don't you'. Yeah says I.

She goes and checks the odds matched up from the games. Checks all the bets won. And hands over the cash. Happy days.

It pays to be loyal to the same business at times.

and do the same bets!

Good result.

Cheers lads. I only place my bets on Thursdays and Fridays so it's always the same girl that takes them! The one person in the shop I like!

It was a good enough return as I had a handy few quid on it which I thought might go against me given the size of the payout!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The fact she knew you and knew you always make those bets helped massively.

A stranger in a big chain might not have been so lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

That's why I was suprised in the other tread about not tipping in bookies.... The cashier if decent will help out where poss.... Good you got sorted

Advertisement