Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National lottery website is not working. CAN'T PLAY LOTTO online.

• 27-01-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32 geogan

Hi,

National lottery website is not working. I CAN'T PLAY LOTTO online.

When I enter my two number lines in Lotto game I just get the same error every time I try:

"An error has occurred. Please try again."

I have entered everything correctly.

I have missed the last two lottery draws over this problem. Haven't played since last year.

This is the latest of many problems I have had since I tried to play online this year - the first was all sorts of problems with login - your password box now doesn't seem to accept the asterisk character which I had in my password so I couldn't enter my password and it locked me out. Had to get reset by helpdesk. Then I had to re-enter all my debit card information.

Using latest Firefox 35 browser and also tried it in IE11 and got same problem.

Anyone else have this problem???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its been brutal since the changeover a few months ago.

But it does say that website is been up-graded , and thank you for your patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

It doesn't email you confirmation of your ticket purchase like it used to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

I think the website closes at ten every night

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

it closes at either 10 or 11 each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That's a great help to people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 geogan

Well when I had the login problems I sent an email to their "help" address and got a reply next day to say try again and it was unlocked, but when I sent above complaint to them a few days ago I haven't heard any reply since so either they think there is no problem or they do know about problem and don't know how to fix it...

Its been brutal since the changeover a few months ago.

But it does say that website is been up-graded , and thank you for your patience

Yeah I haven't used it since "changeover" so I'm only seeing problems now.

The site appears to be a real "one man in his bedroom" lowest bidder job with all the untested bugs it appears...

I just tried it again now and it worked. Don't know if they fixed something or if it was because I cleared all the old cookies from the browser for this lottery.ie domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Mobile optimised version of the site came back in the last week or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

ALL the terminals are down in shops AFAIK, and have been for most of the day.

I managed to buy a ticket an hour ago online.

• Advertisement

aphex™ wrote: »
    ALL the terminals are down in shops AFAIK, and have been for most of the day.

I managed to buy a ticket an hour ago online.

FFS. That's a joke. Wonder is some people getting in big trouble for all this mess since it was forced to be sold by the government to the illuminati/IMF/freemasons...

It doesn't email you confirmation of your ticket purchase like it used to as well.

I see that too. Also when I hit the "logout" button after being logged in for about 16 minutes I got a huge big error message about whatever I was doing may not have been done right and not to redo until you check if it worked blah, blah..... buggy as hell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Systems are down today in the shops..or at least in the one i work in and all those in the local town. really has been a mess since day 1. even though the old machines were outdated, there was never as many issues as there is now with the new ones :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0204/677849-lottery/
    The €10m National Lottery midweek jackpot has been postponed until tomorrow after a technical problem stopped ticket machines working.

It is the first time in nearly 30 years of Lotto jackpots that a draw has been postponed.

Up to 3,500 Lotto outlets around the country were hit and thousands of people were unable to buy tickets for the bumper prize which has been rolling over for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

its been a mess since the change over

i cannot check tickets since they changed the bar code - always have to be checked by shop staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Lyanna Famous Bulldog

Indeed, rather curious circumstances.

Best bet would be to just spend 1e on pick x5 numbers out of the main 6.
    and if they crop up, get back €100,000 via the bookies (online).
    Can usually do up to x5 weeks in advance also.
    Pick 5 is bit more realistic than usual pick 6.
    Can't live on 100k, but it is a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭granturismo

The lotto.ie website takes 5 minutes to load any of its pages for me since the takeover. All other internet sites are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Still waiting for euro-millions results could this site be any slower :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 The_Irish_Dave

I wish they'd sort out the bugs in it. It never remembers your username and password. This is infuriating when you're trying to buy a ticket. You log in and try and buy it and it immediately logs you out and you have to keep logging in every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Indeed, rather curious circumstances.

Best bet would be to just spend 1e on pick x5 numbers out of the main 6.
    and if they crop up, get back €100,000 via the bookies (online).
    Can usually do up to x5 weeks in advance also.
    Pick 5 is bit more realistic than usual pick 6.
    Can't live on 100k, but it is a start...

that's 1-8 million down to 1-million roughly
    what bookies is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Lyanna Famous Bulldog

Keplar240B wrote: »
    that's 1-8 million down to 1-million roughly
    what bookies is that?

Any/all the on-line books offer these types of odds. These odds below might be dated (they keep adding to the range) and not relative to this example - but give an bit of an idea, non the less. Of course you're only selecting 5 from 6, rather than picking 6 and hoping for 5.

Jackpot: 8,145,060 / 1
    5 plus the bonus: 1,392,317 / 1
    5 numbers: 34,807 / 1
    4 plus the bonus: 14,274 / 1
    4 numbers: 732 / 1
    3 plus the bonus: 579 / 1
    3 numbers: 45 / 1

So e.g. pick 5, spend 1dolla, get 100,000dolla. You can improve odds by including the bonus, but would only get 30k, still not bad for 5 from 7.

Also you funds won't go to the retired canadian teachers funds or any fatcats that may or may not charity bosses. You should still give 10% or so to good causes (of your own choosing), if they all come up though.

Advertisement