Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi looking for advice on decent stick for xbox one without breaking the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK the only Xbone sticks announced are by MadCatz and Hori.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

zeusko wrote: »
    What was the price of item and what was the custom charge then please?

It was a while back but the item was around €55 or so and I think customs was around €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    AFAIK the only Xbone sticks announced are by MadCatz and Hori.

They expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeusko

there is Hori rap v4 for xbox one on amazon, it was still available last week, its sold out now, it was 99 pounds, everybody was saying its rly good fightstick altough buttons arent as good as sanwa, but still good, and for that price i think its a good deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What was the price of item and what was the custom charge then please?

I've ordered two sticks from play-asia and been hit for about €50 each time.

Pretty certain once the package is over a certain size it goes by weight.

I've ordered lots of smaller things from play-asia and not been hit up for any customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

new hori ps4 stick up on amazon uk from yesterday,
    already was ranked #13 when seen it so hope i get 1st batch.
    thought be less risk than the venom since i dunno if that can be sanwa'ed up easy, plus this one has a touch pad lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Arcade-Pro-Kai-PS4/dp/B00RZ7T8N6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421082416&sr=8-5&keywords=hori+ps4

I've ordered two sticks from play-asia and been hit for about €50 each time.

Pretty certain once the package is over a certain size it goes by weight.

I've ordered lots of smaller things from play-asia and not been hit up for any customs.

Was both of them over 150euro without delivery then right? Because thats when there is additional charge:

revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

Altough there is no mention about weight.

Can't remember the cost of the first one, but the second was €109 before delivery about five years ago.

So I got my quanba Q4 in home now, didnt paid any customs, its reaaally solid and heavy lookin piece of HW, aaand i am totally not used to so quick pressing buttons, seems like there isnt any resistance at all and its registering slightest touch :D this will be a good think i imagine along with square gate, but it will require a hour and hours of practice

well time to train then ;) thx all for advice

• Advertisement

Customs bill generally comes separately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So I got my quanba Q4 in home now, didnt paid any customs, its reaaally solid and heavy lookin piece of HW, aaand i am totally not used to so quick pressing buttons, seems like there isnt any resistance at all and its registering slightest touch :D this will be a good think i imagine along with square gate, but it will require a hour and hours of practice

well time to train then ;) thx all for advice

If you want you can either buy semitsu buttons or put stronger springs in the ones you have, that will make them less responsive. Honestly, though, I'd say just get used to them- again, there's a big advantage in just getting used to the standard :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Customs bill generally comes separately.

With me they held the stuff until I payed them!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

With me they held the stuff until I payed them!

An post require immediate payment or they hold on to it; couriers issue the bill separately after you get the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MysteriousDrD

I'm still waiting on my HRAP V4 - I don't mind paying for the import but I sure wish I had gotten one while they were still on amazon. Supposed to finally ship next week, at least...

I ordered GG Xrd from play-asia and for the first time ever, got hit with customs on a small item from them. It was by regular post however and the Post Office are strict about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Would it be a big job to mod a Ps3 stick for the ps4? I really want to get an omni but I'm half afraid of Tekken 7 coming out at the end of the year and then I'm landed with getting another stick. I know this isnt the right thread for this but I didnt know where else to post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

This guy does them:
    gummods [dot] com
    Works out expensive.

There is a 3rd party hori ps4 pad that works on ps3 too if you're not afraid of a padhack.
    play-asia [dot] com/hori-pad-4-fps-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dt1.html

They look kinda handy to hack too, decent solder points.
    forums.shoryuken [dot] com/discussion/188760/hori-pad-4-fps-padhacking
    Still taking the risk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Anyone willing to swap pads/stick for softmodded OG xbox ?, Need some extras for when mates come over.

edit : RIP, it's dead.

I'm looking to get a Guilty Gear Ps4 Pad. Came with the special edition I think. Doesn't need to be fully functional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What's peoples thoughts on the "Venom" arcade stick?

Decent price at £69 currently on Amazon?

I'm a casual player so we're talking when I get say the new mortal kombat or street fighter I'll put in a few hours here and there. No competitions or anything.

Don't think I could justify spending a couple of hundred quid on a mad catz one tbh so this looks like an ok alternative.

It's smaller than a standard sized stick.

About the same size as a Madcatz SE.

That's the only thing putting me off getting one.

It's smaller than a standard sized stick.

About the same size as a Madcatz SE.

That's the only thing putting me off getting one.

Only stick I've ever owned is the old yellow buttoned namco stick which I love but I don't think it's going to get a software update on ps4 like it did on ps3

Looks like an easy mod to get decent stick and buttons in:

forums [dot] shoryuken [dot] com/discussion/195434/venom-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3

ed_james wrote: »
    Looks like an easy mod to get decent stick and buttons in:

forums [dot] shoryuken [dot] com/discussion/195434/venom-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3

Personally I wouldn't be one for modding. Wouldn't trust myself. It's probably explode or something equally unlikely.

So as a "stock" item on its own merits for a casual player would it suffice?

Would it be comparable quality wise to the namco stick I'm used to for example?

I haven't touched one myself, but I read it's similar to the mayflash v2. I used one of them starting off coming from pad. Big transition for me btw! Anyways, just starting on stick you won't tell the difference, but you will if you're coming from something with official jap parts. I can see from the pics that the button wires have quick disconnects which means it's a straight swap with decent buttons. The stick might be a bit trickier, but I can help you with that if you like? I've installed a few sticks without the harness, it's quite handy. Don't be scared of tinkering with the wires though, you'd have to do something mental to break it beyond repair.

I haven't touched one myself, but I read it's similar to the mayflash v2. I used one of them starting off coming from pad. Big transition for me btw! Anyways, just starting on stick you won't tell the difference, but you will if you're coming from something with official jap parts. I can see from the pics that the button wires have quick disconnects which means it's a straight swap with decent buttons. The stick might be a bit trickier, but I can help you with that if you like? I've installed a few sticks without the harness, it's quite handy. Don't be scared of tinkering with the wires though, you'd have to do something mental to break it beyond repair.

Thanks for that. I'll weigh it up so.

Looks easy enough to mod.

Nice case size too.

Question! I would like to sell a custom stick I have built. It has a silent JLF, 6 GamerFingers 30mm, a multiconsole PCB(ps3/xbox360 mayflash), all in a handmade pine case(not the greatest carpentry in the world, but I like it) The wiring is clean without disconnects.

How much does one charge for something like that?

http://dogwokstudio [dot] ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/photo-3.jpg

• Advertisement

Question! I would like to sell a custom stick I have built. It has a silent JLF, 6 GamerFingers 30mm, a multiconsole PCB(ps3/xbox360 mayflash), all in a handmade pine case(not the greatest carpentry in the world, but I like it) The wiring is clean without disconnects.

How much does one charge for something like that?

http://dogwokstudio [dot] ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/photo-3.jpg
    Hard to say.

120-150 euro?

Advertisement