Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shop promotions you would like to see

• 28-01-2015 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see what shop promotions people would be interested in having? Like double odds first goal scorer if they score a second, money back fallers at a specific meeting. Management looking for some new ideas so curious to see what punters would like. Can be footy, dogs, numbers, horses etc, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

From your post I guess you don't work for one of the "Big 3"?
    as there's loads of specials already up and running in the 3.

Not all but some and not every day:

Boyles do Money back as cash if 2nd at a virtual meeting, Money Back as free bet 2 horse races a day, Money Back as Cash if 2nd or 3rd in golf tournaments, Money Back if 2nd to RP tip 2 dog meetings a day, enhance their EP prices during the day.

Ladbrokes do Money Back as free bet if 2nd to a named horse one race a day, extra place one race a day, 2 pip enhance to 10/1 + winners at 2 meetings a day, double 1st goalscorer odds if he scores in both halves.

PP do money back as cash if 2nd at a virtual meeting (seems to be always their own meeting), money back as Free Bet if 2nd one dog meeting a day, double SP odds if they win at 2/1 dog meetings, double odds if horse wins at 3/1 or 4/1 1 horse race meeting, Enhance the RP fav on the show one meeting a day, money back as free bet if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down 1 meeting a day, Double 1st goalscorer odds if he scores the 2nd of the match PL matches.

Somebody used to to do Double odds if he scored a 2nd but nobody doing it now afaik.
    Would assume Horse Racing and football would be the main ones people would look for as I guess they would have the most bets on them.
    Money Back if horse falls is a good one.
    Money Back if losing 1st goalscorer scores anytime and Money back if 2nd in a horse race might be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Boyles also do double the odds 1st goalscorer if 1st goal is scored in first 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

okidoki987 wrote: »
    From your post I guess you don't work for one of the "Big 3"?
    as there's loads of specials already up and running in the 3.

Not all but some and not every day:

Boyles do Money back as cash if 2nd at a virtual meeting, Money Back as free bet 2 horse races a day, Money Back as Cash if 2nd or 3rd in golf tournaments, Money Back if 2nd to RP tip 2 dog meetings a day, enhance their EP prices during the day.

Ladbrokes do Money Back as free bet if 2nd to a named horse one race a day, extra place one race a day, 2 pip enhance to 10/1 + winners at 2 meetings a day, double 1st goalscorer odds if he scores in both halves.

PP do money back as cash if 2nd at a virtual meeting (seems to be always their own meeting), money back as Free Bet if 2nd one dog meeting a day, double SP odds if they win at 2/1 dog meetings, double odds if horse wins at 3/1 or 4/1 1 horse race meeting, Enhance the RP fav on the show one meeting a day, money back as free bet if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down 1 meeting a day, Double 1st goalscorer odds if he scores the 2nd of the match PL matches.

Somebody used to to do Double odds if he scored a 2nd but nobody doing it now afaik.
    Would assume Horse Racing and football would be the main ones people would look for as I guess they would have the most bets on them.
    Money Back if horse falls is a good one.
    Money Back if losing 1st goalscorer scores anytime and Money back if 2nd in a horse race might be popular.

Betfred??? Did they not call it double delight hatrick heaven.

PP have various Money Back Specials on big games ie money back as a free bet if X player scores anytime applies to a few types of bet straight WDW, scorecast and correct score I think.

I only included the 3 major firms here as he asked for shop only specials.
    It was actually PP that did it but that was many months ago.
    There's always a good reason to keep notes!

I would imagine UK shops would have totally different specials.
    Betfred are good alright on their specials and they have a retail presence in the UK.

PP have various Money Back Specials on big games ie money back as a free bet if X player scores anytime applies to a few types of bet straight WDW, scorecast and correct score I think.

I would be very surprised if they did a Money Back on W/D/W bets if a certain player scored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bout time shops did bog on horse multiple bets
    I know pp did it previously for a month or so
    Wouldn't dream of doing anything bigger than a single in shop

I would say that would lead to many an Independent going to the wall.
    No lose scenario for the punter, no win for the bookie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Sorry lads completely forgot about this thread! I work for one of the 'big 3'. I suggested half odds if your goalscorer scores 2nd and a banker coupon where a short prices team is paid out on if you do a minimum 5 selections( team is paid out on whether they win lose or draw). Will see if they take off (hardly!).

I suggested half odds if your goalscorer scores 2nd

That's not a bad idea.
    Should encourage some bets but would be dependent on the odds offered.
    We have seen some terrible 1st goalscorers odds from "certain" bookies when there's a bonus on offer.
    and a banker coupon where a short prices team is paid out on if you do a minimum 5 selections( team is paid out on whether they win lose or draw). Will see if they take off (hardly!).

That one sounds insane!
    Basically you are saying if you back a 5fold accum, you will get paid if the other 4 teams win so in effect they would be paying you out on a 5fold with only 4 correct results?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

That's not a bad idea.
    Should encourage some bets but would be dependent on the odds offered.
    We have seen some terrible 1st goalscorers odds from "certain" bookies when there's a bonus on offer.

That one sounds insane!
    Basically you are saying if you back a 5fold accum, you will get paid if the other 4 teams win so in effect they would be paying you out on a 5fold with only 4 correct results?

Yup probably a bit mad, do a 5 fold and there is a banker team who is paid out win lose or draw, so you get a 6fold. But the banker team would be a serious odds on shot, say Chelsea 1/5 at home to Leicster or something similar. Think the goalscorer one might have some legs though!

• Advertisement

the bog on multiple horse racing bets surely should come
    the likes of paddy, boyles etc should be doing this

don't most bookies prefer to see lads doing lucky 15s,patents accums etc where the vast majority lose?

there's very little to bring me into a shop right now although boyles do have some good enhancements

So in effect you would be giving a 20% bonus to a winning 5fold (assuming a 1/5 shot is the "bonus banker")?
    Sounds like a different way of offering something that is already being done by at least 1 bookmaker out there?

boyles do have some good enhancements

Any examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

mailburner wrote: »
    the bog on multiple horse racing bets surely should come
    the likes of paddy, boyles etc should be doing this

The local ladbrokes do BOG on multiple bets between 12pm and 1pm on all UK and Irish meetings that day.

Never did them as wouldn't give them the time unless stand out price.

Boyles at the moment have money back as free bet (up to 25e) if second in 2 selected races daily, a good one. And notice that when in Boyles, many lads would have a punt on the race when they see the money back special. Otherwise they would just sit and wait for something to pop up.

Horse Racing and Soccer should be the 2 main targets IMO.

Would something to do with AP McCoy be a good promotion to run till he retires? Something along the lines if he rides a horse that comes 2nd and you've backed him you get up to a 10er? free bet (if staked 10er or more on the horse, free bet won't be returned in winnings if hits obviously). On selected races even. AP would always have a good chance on his rides so might get a few on.

Any examples?

best ones ive seen were in the all irelands quarters, semis
    players to score
    the likes of cillian o connor and o donohue which I only found here, think max stakes were 50 but prices were great in comparison to others

mostly its footie and players to score anytime but their price they are enhancing tends to be rubbish at times with the enhancment slightly better than the rest

I see plenty of them but rarely go with them unless I fancy them myself but its the usually ht/ft or players to score which catch my eye

Im not in often enough to give recent examples but will post here next time im in

mailburner wrote: »
    best ones ive seen were in the all irelands quarters, semis
    players to score
    the likes of cillian o connor and o donohue which I only found here, think max stakes were 50 but prices were great in comparison to others

mostly its footie and players to score anytime but their price they are enhancing tends to be rubbish at times with the enhancment slightly better than the rest

I see plenty of them but rarely go with them unless I fancy them myself but its the usually ht/ft or players to score which catch my eye

Im not in often enough to give recent examples

Correct, Boyles had some very good enhancements on the GAA Goalscorer markets and HT/FT market last season.

Some they enhanced and I had saved messages of such, I've dates available, last July/August.

"Conor Mcdonald anytime goalscorer @ 2/1. Enhanced from 11/8. Only 11/10 in powers."

"Armagh HT/FT @ 4/1, only 11/4 in Powers"

"Donegal ht/ft @ 3/1, only 2/1 in Powers"

"Bernard Brogan anytime goal scorer @ 2/1. Enhanced from 11/8"

And all the above hit, must have got 4 in a row over a 4 week period or so. 50e max bet.

Yeah some of those GAA bets are good but pity all they sports specials they do now are only for €50 a pop but I suppose it makes it the same with their horse enhances that are now €50 a pop!
    Would something to do with AP McCoy be a good promotion to run till he retires? Something along the lines if he rides a horse that comes 2nd and you've backed him you get up to a 10er? free bet (if staked 10er or more on the horse, free bet won't be returned in winnings if hits obviously). On selected races even. AP would always have a good chance on his rides so might get a few on.

Not a bad idea but a lot of McCoy rides are big prices but I'd guess that will be reduced as he nears retirement date and cherry picks his rides.

Some they enhanced and I had saved messages of such, I've dates available, last
    July/August.

"Conor Mcdonald anytime goalscorer @ 2/1. Enhanced from 11/8. Only 11/10 in powers."

"Armagh HT/FT @ 4/1, only 11/4 in Powers"

"Donegal ht/ft @ 3/1, only 2/1 in Powers"

"Bernard Brogan anytime goal scorer @ 2/1. Enhanced from 11/8"

And all the above hit, must have got 4 in a row over a 4 week period or so. 50e max bet.

Not really comparing like to like unless the PP prices were all enhanced prices as well?
    PP in fairness when they enhance, they enhance for either a €100 or €200 stake and some of their enhanced bets have been pretty impressive like 4/6 or 8/11 to evens in the footie W/D/W.
    Ladbrokes vary from either €50 stake or to max company stakes.
    Boyles Money Back on the GAA is pretty good.

Some they enhanced and I had saved messages of such, I've dates available, last

Not really comparing like to like unless the PP prices were all enhanced prices as well?

PP in fairness when they enhance, they enhance for either a €100 or €200 stake and some of their enhanced bets have been pretty impressive like 4/6 or 8/11 to evens in the footie W/D/W.
    Ladbrokes vary from either €50 stake or to max company stakes.
    Boyles Money Back on the GAA is pretty good.

PP prices weren't enhanced, but for a casual punt when watching the match the price was goo enough to get in a few for sure.

Anytime I'd see an enhancement, I see what best price around is, and if I feel it's a bit of value for my stake then I'll have a punt.

Was it corals doing an enhancement at weekend but yet it was same price or better elsewhere. Some enhancements are a waste of time but once the word, enhanced is thrown in some lads jump in.

Some enhancements are a waste of time but once the word, enhanced is thrown in some lads jump in.

Very true.
    I've seen guys who should know better going up to the counter and having bets at an "enhanced" price when it's much better away.
    All they have to do is look at their phones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement