Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Grayditch wrote: »
    Fibber's Pint and Pizza for a tenner deal is great.They are frozen pizzas, but they're actually real nice. Their Guinness is great too.

Couldn't disagree more. As a fervent stout/porter drinker, it's sewer water tbh.

The Thomas House are doing a haircut and beer for €15 on Saturdays which is also a great deal. Their Guinness is one of the best in Dublin.

For 25 bricks you could be sheared, fed and watered on Saturday. Not bad ;)

Aye, something different I suppose. They have plenty of craft brews there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe I've just had so many bad Guinness's that Fibbers seems grand to me. Still nowhere near on par to TH Guinness. Although they sometimes do Shepherd Name double stout in bottles which would make me forget our very own black stuff in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Was in Dublin last week for the Prong Gig in the Voodoo lounge.1st time there only issue was actually finding the entrance lol.Prong were brillant. We had a few pints in Gypsy Rose beforehand again a 1st the barman there was sound out.The following night i dragged herself to a gig in downstairs Fibber Magees
    she had a Coors which was rotten i had a Guinness no problem there went to change the Coors pint was accused of looking for a free pint the young lad behind the bar said he was afraid of losing his job.The pint was changed eventually.The Music which i went to hear was very good by the way.Overall a highly enjoyable 2 nights in rock bars and gigs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not sure if this is in the right thread or not but can anyone advise where to go for pre-gig pints in Belfast on Friday evening before/after Carcass in the Limelight? Preferably near enough as I don't know Belfast and will be on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not sure if this is in the right thread or not but can anyone advise where to go for pre-gig pints in Belfast on Friday evening before/after Carcass in the Limelight? Preferably near enough as I don't know Belfast and will be on my own.

The Voodoo or Laverys should do; Both bout just over 10 mins walk to the Limelight from different directions.

• Advertisement

Voodoo is a cool spot, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Bruxelles makeover is truly abhorrent

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

yeah voodoo is good and laverys.Katy Dalys is next door to limelight , part of same venue really-good jukebox and should be plenty of heads about for the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3 159753

i dunno how up to date the first post is but is there anything, in or around dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 morgan 76

the grand central in Manchester is a great rock bar & the crobar in soho London also both open late

• Advertisement

whats cassideys in dublin like?

Great selection of beer and decent music during the day, but I've no idea what the busy weekends are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

morgan 76 wrote: »
    the grand central in Manchester is a great rock bar & the crobar in soho London also both open late

Was in both Crobar more so as I'd reguarly visit London small place opens till 3 though sometimes charge, The Pit & Pendulum in Nottingham is a good one too few places in Brum I know too front page needs a revamp!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

morgan 76 wrote: »

Nice place, certainly wouldn't consider it a rock & metal bar though. The metalist thing Ive ever heard them playing was Rage Against the Machine.

The heat in the place is also outrageous, its like a sauna when its even a little bit full and gets very uncomfortable.

Great selection of beer and decent music during the day, but I've no idea what the busy weekends are like.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Will fibbers be worth a shout after Morbid angel on sunday week?, is it usually busy on Sunday nights?

pkvader wrote: »
    Will fibbers be worth a shout after Morbid angel on sunday week?, is it usually busy on Sunday nights?

Fibbers wouldn't be particularly busy on a Sunday. There might be a few heads around after the gig given it's proximity to The Academy however.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Passenger wrote: »
    Fibbers wouldn't be particularly busy on a Sunday. There might be a few heads around after the gig given it's proximity to The Academy however.

Was half thinking that alrighy, might stick the nose in for one or two, , cheers

Best place to go after Behemoth?

Mass.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

so where in dublin is decent for a during the week night out

No Rock bar will have anything happening on a week night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

not expect much just want somewhere thats not to dead

Temple Bar or Camden St./Wexford St. areas should have plenty of bars with something happening of some description though not much Rock/Metal related. If you like your beers try a craft brew bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Seen a post from publin.ie on Twitter earlier saying that the rock bar in bruxelles is gone, it's been revamped to look more like the rest of the pub. I'll link to it later when I get a chance, there was a couple of pics of it too.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Seen a post from publin.ie on Twitter earlier saying that the rock bar in bruxelles is gone, it's been revamped to look more like the rest of the pub. I'll link to it later when I get a chance, there was a couple of pics of it too.

It's gone to sh*te

Their DJ's need to be ****ed out too - awful stuff altogether

Aye, seems they're not interested in the Rock/Metal customers anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

lord lucan wrote: »

Ah that's bollox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This is the Tweet i was referring to.

https://twitter.com/publinie/status/558645814302900224

• Advertisement

Been like that since the summer, it's going by the moniker Flanders Rock Bar now.

I blame craft beer, it's popular with the hipster set and the bar is now chock full of it.

Advertisement