Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Cromlech wrote: »
    It's a strange process and nothing is ever transparent or makes sense(to us at least), they seem to do things for some sort of reason, but a little information to candidates wouldn't go amiss.

Other than calls going out to others, I haven't heard anything about campaign 1's recruitment since I recieved my medical pass in early December.

It is very much so, I can't get over how long it takes I know joining the police takes a period of time anywhere but put it this way a friend from here of mine applied for police Scotland in June, and has just start Tullyallen police college, here that wouldn't really be heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

It is very much so, I can't get over how long it takes I know joining the police takes a period of time anywhere but put it this way a friend from here of mine applied for police Scotland in June, and has just start Tullyallen police college, here that wouldn't really be heard of.

Jesus, that's good. I think it's been almost a year and a half since I applied.

I don't know if the PSNI intentionly drag it out just to ensure they get those who are fully committed to joining.

Jesus, that's good. I think it's been almost a year and a half since I applied.

I don't know if the PSNI intentionly drag it out just to ensure they get those who are fully committed to joining.

Yeah I think it's to get people whom are committed in joining and getting the right people, here isn't as straight forward as other police services for obvious reasons, so I suppose the process becomes cumbersome due to the nature of the service that we're potentially joining. You lot will be good I have faith that anyone left who has passed everything will get a call, I don't think there is too many left and I can't see them leaving anyone out when they're bringing in people from campaign 2, would be senseless to do so, I think anyway.

Yeah I think it's to get people whom are committed in joining and getting the right people, here isn't as straight forward as other police services for obvious reasons, so I suppose the process becomes cumbersome due to the nature of the service that we're potentially joining. You lot will be good I have faith that anyone left who has passed everything will get a call, I don't think there is too many left and I can't see them leaving anyone out when they're bring in people from campaign 2, would be senseless to do so, I think anyway.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It would be a waste to have spent money on people who have passed everything and not take them.

I can see them taking anyone who passed from campaign 1 and the full amount from 2, as they obviously need recruits seeing as they had planned a third campaign originally.

Yeah I think your right mate, I know you's will get a call, and I'm hoping sometime in the near future I will be joining you's maybe in garnerville at the same time and even serving with some of you lot at the same station lol, you never know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

They could be exhausting campaign 1's merit list first before they proceed with the remaining stages of campaign 2. I'm just speculating as those of us who scored the lower 60's in campaign 1 haven't recieved any correspondence stating that we have been unsuccessful, and with what we have assumed up to now is only one more intake left it would make sense to let us know.

I am aware of some members having contacted HR and have been told that there is no set end date for campaign 1, but like anything in this process, things can change.
    I dunno, going by how long vetting (Id deal with vetting in my work too, which annoys me even more that existing vetting isn't transferable apparently) can take it would make sense for forms/PCA dates to start going out end of jan /early feb if they're wanting folks from Campaign 2 to start in May

Suzuka wrote: »
    I dunno, going by how long vetting (Id deal with vetting in my work too, which annoys me even more that existing vetting isn't transferable apparently) can take it would make sense for forms/PCA dates to start going out end of jan /early feb if they're wanting folks from Campaign 2 to start in May

I know what you mean. I was taking the viewpoint that it's not unusual for the process to be delayed at times and that could be why nothing has went out yet.

I really hope things start moving along for everyone very soon as I was part of the delay group in campaign 1 and it's pretty painful having to wait so long after the AC to progress any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Likewise with the delay group here. From AC results in March, it wasn't until September that I received vetting forms. Unfortunately, the wait doesn't get any easier the further along the process you go. At least as each day passes, we're all getting closer to the goal, no matter what stage of the process you're at.

I'd probably expect the process to start rolling for campaign two pretty soon now. I'm on a 78-80 AC score, so I would love for vetting forms to arrive, even to get my mind off campaign one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Little M Sunshine.

I'm the same again. I was in the delayed group of campaign one - I got an AC score almost 30% higher in Campaign two (88-94%). I got vetting forms today.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

All systems go Gang!! Train like mad!! Believe me u don't wasn't to fail the fitness!! Cardio and strength all the way!!

• Advertisement

I'm the same again. I was in the delayed group of campaign one - I got an AC score almost 30% higher in Campaign two (88-94%). I got vetting forms today.

So glad I was wrong about delays :).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Glad to know the ball is rolling again! Although Little M's AC is about 20% higher than mine! If anybody else receives their forms today or soon would you mind saying and letting us know what kind of AC score you are on so we know where we are at?

Does anybody have any idea of timescales? Would they come out around every 5 weeks like calls do?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Arrrrgh! My post doesn't come until the afternoon so i can't even go check at lunch haha I'd be in the 80%-90% bracket (without giving my score away lol)

Be interesting to see who all gets forms who scored 80%-100%, would give us an inkling on how many scored very high ie if people who scored 80%-85% don't get forms then I'd assume alot scored 85%-100%

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

My vetting forms have arrived. A C score of A*.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I I got vetting forms.today too. AC score A* in the 80-85% range. Ball.is.officially rolling guys....

Happy days folks though I don't expect mine for a wee while, which I'm happy enough with, just to polish off on the old fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Just enrolled on another course at Jellyschool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

I suspect anyone with an A or above will get forms today. Any PCA info or just vetting rolling through?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I I got vetting forms.today too. AC score A* in the 80-85% range. Ball.is.officially rolling guys....

So just vetting forms? Wonder when PCA dates will come out. I'm 70-75% so probably another wee while to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Icarus9 wrote: »
    I suspect anyone with an A or above will get forms today. Any PCA info or just vetting rolling through?

I'm an A but my post I think is going to my parent address so don't know if mine arrived but I reckon it will be the high A* first.

I feel sick now knowing that the ball is rolling again!! 😷😷

• Advertisement

There isn't any pca dates just yet, guys with your vetting forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

There isn't any pca dates just yet, guys with your vetting forms?

No just the vetting forms.

No just the vetting forms.

Thanks Willow, well you folks are on the way to be in the first squad of 1405 :) good luck all with the remainder of the process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

Forms just came! Scored 79 % so looks like its all A/A* for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

first time poster here, sitting on a score mid 70s grade A, would I be correct in thinking ive just missed the first cut? How often to vetting forms go out and could there be more sent out tomorrow or will it be a number of weeks now?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Got mine too 78...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Received mine too.

Fingers crossed I don't need it and it'll free up a space for one of you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Great news people. I'm A, mid 70s score, no forms for me yet. Even if they don't arrive tomorrow/mon I'm pleased the balls rolling, I won't be far behind yas I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

.S. wrote: »
    Great news people. I'm A, mid 70s score, no forms for me yet. Even if they don't arrive tomorrow/mon I'm pleased the balls rolling, I won't be far behind yas I hope!

did the send vetting forms out over a couple of days last campaign or will it be 4/5 weeks before the next batch goes out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Can't honestly remember. I'm assuming if there's nothing by mon we'll be the next lot

Advertisement