Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

theft, pure and simple.

• 22-01-2015 12:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭

Very, very dodgy stuff from here. Still onto them about it.

So I've been betting on the same line for a few days now. Ice hockey, Odd number of goals. both games went to a shootout and were settled that way. both games ended 3-2. These are the rules that apply to Ice Hockey.
    (unfortunately I can't post images but you can check the rules on their website.)

The weird thing is one of the games was settled a winner and the other a loser. When I brought it to their attention the winner was changed to a loser. I told them about another identical bet a made a week ago and they have no answer for that because it's obviously too late to take that money back. I've asked them repeatedly why rule 36.4 doesn't apply and they have no answer.

Any advice? They don't look like they're going to change their minds if I keep at them. Small claims court may be my only recourse.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

36. US Ice Hockey (NHL)

36.1 Match Time and Validity

The following rules apply:

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified;

For bets on a specific period the period must be played in its entirety for bets to stand. Otherwise, all bets are void;
    if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;

all games must start on the scheduled date for bets to have action;

all games must complete at least 55 minutes of play for bets to have action.

36.2 Money Line

The following rules:

both teams will have prices quoted to win the game, but no handicaps will be applied;
    the team you bet on must win the game in order for you to win the bet;
    overtime will count for settlement purposes, unless a price for a draw is offered.
    36.3 Puck Line(handicap betting)

if handicap betting odds are quoted, then settlement is based on the match result adjusted for the handicap line, available at the time the bet was struck;
    if scores are level, once the handicap has been included then stakes on both teams will be refunded, unless a draw price has been offered.
    36.4 Game Totals

Overtime will be included in the final result to determine bet settlement, unless otherwise specified.

36. US Ice Hockey (NHL)

36.1 Match Time and Validity

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified;

For bets on a specific period the period must be played in its entirety for bets to stand. Otherwise, all bets are void;
    if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;

all games must start on the scheduled date for bets to have action;

all games must complete at least 55 minutes of play for bets to have action.

36.2 Money Line

The following rules:

both teams will have prices quoted to win the game, but no handicaps will be applied;
    the team you bet on must win the game in order for you to win the bet;
    overtime will count for settlement purposes, unless a price for a draw is offered.
    36.3 Puck Line(handicap betting)

if handicap betting odds are quoted, then settlement is based on the match result adjusted for the handicap line, available at the time the bet was struck;
    if scores are level, once the handicap has been included then stakes on both teams will be refunded, unless a draw price has been offered.
    36.4 Game Totals

Overtime will be included in the final result to determine bet settlement, unless otherwise specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

I could be totally wrong about this but I seem to have read somewhere that you cannot bring the bookie to court for a bet placed, as it is a gentleman's agreement not a legal contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

How can odd number of goals be a winner if the games went to a shootout?

It would have to be a draw at the end of overtime (e.g. even number of goals) to go to a shootout and your bet is a loser.

You cant take a bookie to the small claims court either, there is no contract between you and they have no legal imperative to pay you win or lose.

drumswan wrote: »
    How can odd number of goals be a winner if the games went to a shootout?

It would have to be a draw at the end of overtime (e.g. even number of goals) to go to a shootout and your bet is a loser.

You cant take a bookie to the small claims court either, there is no contract between you and they have no legal imperative to pay you win or lose.

Read the rules in bold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Does the rule above come into play?

Fairly confusing rules alright, they seem to have themselves covered either way and the rules are contradictory. You can see why two settlers would interpret them differently.

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified; seems pertinent. I cant see any odd/even markets on Coral now, does it specify that it includes overtime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I don't believe it should as the bet was not on a 12 or 1x2 market. I would have thought game totals markets would be independent of this however Coral may have a different opinion.

Overtime will always end with a one goal winning margin, either it goes to a shootout and the winner gets a goal added to their tally or they score in overtime and win through golden goal. The only way Even selection can win is if there is a 2 goal winning margin.

They've settled the bet a winner twice already after having gone to a shootout. I bet on Arizona's game on the 16th of jan and that went to overtime. I won, withdrew, no issue. Then to day I bring an inconsistency to their attention and they settle all bets in their favour going against the rules.

Fairly confusing rules alright, they seem to have themselves covered either way and the rules are contradictory. You can see why two settlers would interpret them differently.

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified; seems pertinent. I cant see any odd/even markets on Coral now, does it specify that it includes overtime?

They usually only offer it a day or two before the match. there is no NHL until next week I think. No it doesn't specify anything but it's my word against theirs really.

• Advertisement

walshyn93 wrote: »
    They usually only offer it a day or two before the match. there is no NHL until next week I think. No it doesn't specify anything but it's my word against theirs really.

Thats the way with betting with a bookie. Have a look at IBAS, they might at least force them to tidy up the rules

http://www.ibas-uk.com/

Thats the way with betting with a bookie. Have a look at IBAS, they might at least force them to tidy up the rules

ibas-uk

Cheers I didn't know about that. i'll contact them now.

ibas-uk

Cheers wasn't aware of that I'll contact them now.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

were they pre match bets? the bets are cleary a winner. clear as day. there were 5 goals scored in the game. only reason they would deliberatley mark them as lost is if you took wrong prices...can you tell us the odds you took?

ianburke wrote: »
    were they pre match bets? the bets are cleary a winner. clear as day. there were 5 goals scored in the game. only reason they would deliberatley mark them as lost is if you took wrong prices...can you tell us the odds you took?

2.1 odds. Not a mistake with the odds, they've offered the same odds on that selection every NHL game for the last few weeks and I've bet on that selection at least 8 or 9 times with no issues. As I said, on the 18th of january I had odd outcome for arizona v winnipeg and that finished in a shootout and the bet was declared a winner. That's why I continued to bet that selection.

2.1 odds. Not a mistake with the odds, they've offered the same odds on that selection every NHL game for the last few weeks and I've bet on that selection at least 8 or 9 times with no issues. As I said, on the 18th of january I had odd outcome for arizona v winnipeg and that finished in a shootout and the bet was declared a winner. That's why I continued to bet that selection.

so it was pre match bet and not in running? usually "odd" is odds on pre match. those odds seem rather generous

so it was pre match bet and not in running? usually "odd" is odds on pre match. those odds seem rather generous

Pre-match, yeah. Yeah they're good odds. But the rules are plain to see. If Game total bets include over/under and odd/even then they apply. They put up no explanation even when I presented possible explanations to them, they just outright refused to give a justification beyond citing only the first sentence of 36.1. They didn't acknowledge any of the other rules.

Pre-match, yeah. Yeah they're good odds. But the rules are plain to see. If Game total bets include over/under and odd/even then they apply. They put up no explanation even when I presented possible explanations to them, they just outright refused to give a justification beyond citing only the first sentence of 36.1. They didn't acknowledge any of the other rules.

well ur bets a clear winner. theres no two ways about it. im guessing theyve settled everyones bets as losers maybe running a scam. keep at them you will get paid altho they will likely limit u to peanuts

well ur bets a clear winner. theres no two ways about it. im guessing theyve settled everyones bets as losers maybe running a scam. keep at them you will get paid altho they will likely limit u to peanuts

I've already submitted it to IBAS. How do you mean keep at them? Is there much more I could do?

• Advertisement

I've already submitted it to IBAS. How do you mean keep at them? Is there much more I could do?

just read 36.1

just a quick question. in ur market did they have something like "regulation time only" or something to that effect? if not then ur bets a winner. ice hockey is a bit messy for these markets...its a pity they havent got other nhl markets up to check

just read 36.1

just a quick question. in ur market did they have something like "regulation time only" or something to that effect? if not then ur bets a winner. ice hockey is a bit messy for these markets...its a pity they havent got other nhl markets up to check

I've been picking my brains over that. I'm always very careful to read everything if it's a weird market I'm betting on. I wouldn't say no if I was under oath, but I'm 99.9% sure there was no small print or caveat. I've checked similar markets like NFL and there's no caveat. for example the NE Patriots game is up now offering:
    Total Points Odd/Even
    Odd 1.73 Even 2.05

Even the odds are similar and there's no small print beside the bet.

seems to me the trader who settled just read that first line and didnt bother to read the rest. it clearly states that in games decided by penalties or overtime that 1 goal is added to the game total. if theres an nhl game next week with no small print then u have 100% proof ur bet is a winner

seems to me the trader who settled just read that first line and didnt bother to read the rest. it clearly states that in games decided by penalties or overtime that 1 goal is added to the game total. if theres an nhl game next week with no small print then u have 100% proof ur bet is a winner

I know I'm thinking they made a mistake and are now refusing to amend it out of arrogance. Hopefully IBAS get back to me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I know I'm thinking they made a mistake and are now refusing to amend it out of arrogance. Hopefully IBAS get back to me soon.

Hound them. Get talking to different customer service people, ask to speak to a manager. I wouldn't be waiting on IBAS, could be a while

Hound them. Get talking to different customer service people, ask to speak to a manager. I wouldn't be waiting on IBAS, could be a while

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to do that at a different time with a different set of staff hopefully

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to do that at a different time with a different set of staff hopefully

Did you speak with a manager?

Did you speak with a manager?

Not directly. I was using the live chat, mainly so I could keep records of everything so everything I said went through the chap on the computer. I can't see them changing anything in my favour by themselves. They're not that generous.

ive gone through recent results on coral webiste and looked at similar matches decided in overtime..penguins/flyers,oilers/capitals,min wild/red wings,predators/canadiens. all matches settled ODD - WINNER on their website.

• Advertisement

Not directly. I was using the live chat, mainly so I could keep records of everything so everything I said went through the chap on the computer. I can't see them changing anything in my favour by themselves. They're not that generous.

Ok, well sometimes live chat staff can be 'not clued up' to overtime rules and the like. Give them a call ask to speak to a manager. Seems a straightforward win case if what you're saying is all correct.

Advertisement