Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Intake 9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Just realised I haven't even posted to say congrats guys and hopefully a few girlies too!!! So congratulations, I hope it's as awesome as I imagine it to be and stay safe my lovelies, hopefully I'll be seeing you soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

I'll be joining you guys & girls in intake 9 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

DB89 wrote: »

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

As of 10 minutes ago..I'll be joining you all too!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Got the call! I was starting to seriously doubt not applying to campaign 2; over the moon, really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting stuck in.

Congrats again to the others already in and good luck to the others waiting on the call; I got a call very late today so possible there may be more tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Congrats people,knew they couldn't have gone through a full 42 calls on Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Well done to those who got the call today. Look forward to meeting you all at induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Count me in for Squad 9 ! :)

coka67 wrote: »
    As of 10 minutes ago..I'll be joining you all too!

Congratulations coka!

What did I tell you yesterday?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Congratulations coka!

What did I tell you yesterday?:)

I know! Great news for you too! You bringing your fleece to GV haha :)

• Advertisement

coka67 wrote: »
    I know! Great news for you too! You bringing your fleece to GV haha :)

Lucky fleece shall be worn throughout Gville :pac:

Show parades and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Congrats people,knew they couldn't have gone through a full 42 calls on Monday morning!

Think they were waiting on PCA repeats yesterday to fill the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Congrats to all who got the call this week!

Has the online learning started again? When I try login it says account suspended, Is anyone else getting the same message?

Think it opens again after induction mate

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Everyone refreshing their memories on the previous pre entry stuff?

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Everyone refreshing their memories on the previous pre entry stuff?

Unfortunately I really stupidly didn't print everything off and only made minimal notes...regretting it now but just going to have to go flat out at it when we get access again

Think it opens again after induction mate

Cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NIPDLurker

Firstly, congratulations to you all for getting the call! I am a long time lurker who has finally emerged from the woodwork after following the forum on and off for a couple of months. I was just wondering how much time you are given between receiving the call and your start date in order to hand notices into work etc? And also whether or not there is much time there is between your call and the induction day/weekend? (I know you can't post exact dates for security reasons!) Do they expect everyone to drop everything and report for induction/training at relatively short notice after making everyone wait so long for the call?

I just realised how suspicious that last message looked, I should probably have provided a bit of background information about myself. I am in the early stages of the waiting game of the May 2014 campaign, having passed the assessment centre with a score of 66.25. I know these things are a long way away (if reading these forums over the past months has taught me anything!) but I was just wondering regardless! Thanks in advance!

NIPDLurker

NIPDLurker wrote: »
    Firstly, congratulations to you all for getting the call! I am a long time lurker who has finally emerged from the woodwork after following the forum on and off for a couple of months. I was just wondering how much time you are given between receiving the call and your start date in order to hand notices into work etc? And also whether or not there is much time there is between your call and the induction day/weekend? (I know you can't post exact dates for security reasons!) Do they expect everyone to drop everything and report for induction/training at relatively short notice after making everyone wait so long for the call?

Put it this way, I had time to give a full month notice and get time off for myself. You do get enough notice for induction also! Hope this helps...

• Advertisement

Cheers for the quick reply Owenrs! Is the induction held just before you start in Hotel G/ville or is it held a couple of weeks before? I am sure that last month in work will drag in ahead of starting your training!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

NIPDLurker wrote: »
    Cheers for the quick reply Owenrs! Is the induction held just before you start in Hotel G/ville or is it held a couple of weeks before? I am sure that last month in work will drag in ahead of starting your training!

Don't worry, you'll get all the details should you get that far, as Owenrs indicated you'll have more than enough time for whatever job you're in to get to both the Induction and the Official Intake day.

Best of luck with your current application!

Thanks GavinusMaximus, that is good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Well done to all.... Just wondering how many new recruits are from South of the border? Do you have concerns for your security?

I'm near Dundalk and would not feel safe living here if I was a member of the psni...

Best wishes in your training.. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Congratulations everyone on getting the call. Good luck to you all.

So is everyone all set for one of the biggest transitions you will ever make?

How are people feeling?Im still a bit numb and in shock.I think itll kick in proper when we go through those gates.Im bloody ready for it and hope you guys and gals are too!

Any opinions on why the SID is longer since the last recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

So is everyone all set for one of the biggest transitions you will ever make?

How are people feeling?Im still a bit numb and in shock.I think itll kick in proper when we go through those gates.Im bloody ready for it and hope you guys and gals are too!

Any opinions on why the SID is longer since the last recruitment?

Yeah looking forward to it but also got the nerves. It ain't going to be easy! I think the induction is longer because the actual 22 week training is more intensive (more to fit in) than previous and we have to get the faffing about out of the way so we can hit the ground running from day 1.

Hey all,

I checked my online learning today on the off chance and I'm able to get in. Not sure if it's wise to start the induction course just yet, but can get onto the pre-entry stuff.

Scrap that last comment - cant get into the course details.

Apologies for getting anyone's hopes up.

• Advertisement

Scrap that last comment - cant get into the course details.

Apologies for getting anyone's hopes up.

Nice try anyway!

Advertisement