Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just seen the news and read on the BBC news app that the extra 20 mil the psni will receive will allow recruitment to continue as planned for 2015/16 so happy to see that haha :)

www.psni.police.uk/deputy_chief_constable_welcomes_additional_budget_allocation_19_01_15

There's the deputy cc Drew Harris speaking on the budget, doesn't say anything on recruitment but it's brief and positive which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Auvol

Hi been following this forum for a while and thought I would sign up. Currently in this campaign but with an ac score in the low 60's I'm not getting my hopes up!

I've seen some speculation here on how many applied after 7.5k applying for the last campaign. Theres an FOI request on the PSNI site that shows 5856 applied for this one if I'm reading it right, dont think its been mentioned here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Auvol wrote: »
    Hi been following this forum for a while and thought I would sign up. Currently in this campaign but with an ac score in the low 60's I'm not getting my hopes up!

I've seen some speculation here on how many applied after 7.5k applying for the last campaign. Theres an FOI request on the PSNI site that shows 5856 applied for this one if I'm reading it right, dont think its been mentioned here before.

Can you put up a link or even PM me one? (you'll have to put spaces it in if you are posting it as you are a new user i believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Can you post a link to that?

Im pretty sure that only 3100 applied to campaign 2

Can you post a link to that?

Im pretty sure that only 3100 applied to campaign 2

psni.police. uk / applications_to_join_psni. pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Cheers, and welcome to the boards :)

That's interesting because the chief said 10000 people applied for 800 jobs, but that states the number so that's interesting, thanks Auvol and welcome to he boards :) no matter your score with the announcement today you have as good a chance as anyone, campaign 1 is taking on the same amount and are down to 62's with another squad to be called next month so I reckon your good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Im unable to access your link,sorry but I thought it was well known 7.5k and 3.1k for the two drives.

"We have had 10,593 applicants for approximately 800 places."

CCs words for the last 2 campaigns.

www.psni.police.uk/applications_to_join_psni.pdf

Try that folks, Auvol is right from what I can see you will need to copy the link directly into an address bar as it's a pdf download.

Try that folks, Auvol is right from what I can see you will need to copy the link directly into an address bar as it's a pdf download.

Was just about to suggest someone posts it properly since I cant being a new user. Cheers!

• Advertisement

No worries had to edit it there just copy and paste and should download now for anyone interested, the direct link didn't work but that should do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Are all the FOI requests made public then? Is there a list of them somewhere, would be interesting to take a look through them see if there is anything specific to this recruitment...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Are all the FOI requests made public then? Is there a list of them somewhere, would be interesting to take a look through them see if there is anything specific to this recruitment...?

I think they all are buddy. If there's a request for information about something that could cause a potential risk to an individual or several or for sensitive information the request will be denied and the matter closed. You can find them all here, some very interesting ones on there! Go to the PSNI website, click on "FOI" at the top of the screen, scroll down to near the bottom of the screen and click on "Lists and Registers" and then go to "FOI Disclosure Logs" and you'll see all the FOI requests for various years and broke down into different categories like finance and human resources etc. Have fun browsing!!

Have a look at this FOI request. It's says that the estimated training budget for the PSNI is £20 million which just so happens to be the amount of money they have received for this year! :) Apologies for the spaces in the link as I'm a new user!

http:// www. psn i. police. uk /training _costs_police_officers.pdf

Hopefully I haven't got people down by posting that more applied than we thought!

To be a bit more positive we know 7493 applied for campaign 1 and 758 passed AC so roughly 10%. If we apply that to camapaign 2 that means around 586 people should have passed the AC and with drop outs and failures through the final stages that should give anyone who passes all the stages a very good chance of getting in if they take on the full 370 ish now.

Just me trying to guess and stay positive like many others on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Logically you could argue they have passed 758 from the AC like last year, recruitment is still on going from campaign one and they are right down to the low 60 and still taking people.

If they had before budgets or politics started being played planned to recruit the same numbers then the logical conclusion would be to replicate last year's A C pass numbers? I think with this new money they will take more than 100 and with fewer applicants at the first stage us still left have a good chance. Fingers crossed we hear good news when the policing board meet.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Logically you could argue they have passed 758 from the AC like last year, recruitment is still on going from campaign one and they are right down to the low 60 and still taking people.

If they had before budgets or politics started being played planned to recruit the same numbers then the logical conclusion would be to replicate last year's A C pass numbers? I think with this new money they will take more than 100 and with fewer applicants at the first stage us still left have a good chance. Fingers crossed we hear good news when the policing board meet.

Yeah that would make sense, was this years pass mark lower than last years?

Yeah that would make sense, was this years pass mark lower than last years?

Same as last year mate, the entrance test was lowered compared to last year's but the AC pass was 60 last year too. I was listening to the radio there on the way into work and the finance minister had a meeting with the chief about the budget.

He said the chief said recruitment was a major priority, and needed to continue as although numbers were passing out, the overall number of officers was steadily declining as more were leaving than coming in, and recruitment would need to conitue steadily for that to plateau.

Makes sense to me, they will take on the full amount originally planned as its said all over the news, and I reckon a third campaign will happen either the end of this year or definitely early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Same as last year mate, the entrance test was lowered compared to last year's but the AC pass was 60 last year too. I was listening to the radio there on the way into work and the finance minister had a meeting with the chief about the budget.

He said the chief said recruitment was a major priority, and needed to continue as although numbers were passing out, the overall number of officers was steadily declining as more were leaving than coming in, and recruitment would need to conitue steadily for that to plateau.

Makes sense to me, they will take on the full amount originally planned as its said all over the news, and I reckon a third campaign will happen either the end of this year or definitely early next year.

Was that on the hourly news that you heard that HLad?

fish2690 wrote: »
    Was that on the hourly news that you heard that HLad?

Yeah mate, was on Radio Ulster I heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Seen on BBC news live feed that the policing board could see their salaries cut by up to 50%.

Hopefully this actually happens and frees up alot more cash for the Justice Department to spend where it is actually needed.

Cromlech wrote: »
    Seen on BBC news live feed that the policing board could see their salaries cut by up to 50%.

Hopefully this actually happens and frees up alot more cash for the Justice Department to spend where it is actually needed.

Aye seen that too mate, think mla's and politicians alike will be in for a shock, major shake up that seems long over due within the northern Ireland civil service.

Aye seen that too mate, think mla's and politicians alike will be in for a shock, major shake up that seems long over due within the northern Ireland civil service.

I can't agree more, it's about time something was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

I assume that the figure in the 5000's is correct.

I didn't submit my application until the last day, and my candidate U.I.D is in the early 5000's.

There were 5856 people who applied for the 1405 campaign according to an FOI request on the PSNI website. Sorry for the spaces!
    http: // www. psni. police. uk/ applications_to_join_psni.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Its a pity all this hearsay and guesswork couldnt change into a factual statement from the psni...if we could at lest have some movement as regards vetting the it would be a nice distraction for those that are concerned about numbers...

I'm gonna guess that the PSNI will talk about it come the February policing board meeting, which isn't too far away now, in a couple of weeks. I guess the reason no one has received any vetting forms maybe they were waiting to see what the new budget was going to entail, maybe they had a plan for no change in budget, and maybe the plan has changed in more people will get vetting forms out, now that it has changed for the better, in only guessing.

They're definitely continuing on with recruitment as originally planned, which is why I think they got this money to make sure recruitment was unaffected, as that is what all the news reports said, 22 million, recruitment can continue as originally planned. I believe squads will continue as they have been, of 30 to 42 a time rather than the potential 20 over a longer period of time. Here's hoping some forms will be sent out next week so we know the ball is rolling. Again I'm only throwing my tuppence worth, but you would assume that it will continue on as campaign 1 has and did.

I'm gonna guess that the PSNI will talk about it come the February policing board meeting, which isn't too far away now, in a couple of weeks. I guess the reason no one has received any vetting forms maybe they were waiting to see what the new budget was going to entail, maybe they had a plan for no change in budget, and maybe the plan has changed in more people will get vetting forms out, now that it has changed for the better, in only guessing.

They're definitely continuing on with recruitment as originally planned, which is why I think they got this money to make sure recruitment was unaffected, as that is what all the news reports said, 22 million, recruitment can continue as originally planned. I believe squads will continue as they have been, of 30 to 42 a time rather than the potential 20 over a longer period of time. Here's hoping some forms will be sent out next week so we know the ball is rolling. Again I'm only throwing my tuppence worth, but you would assume that it will continue on as campaign 1 has and did.

They could be exhausting campaign 1's merit list first before they proceed with the remaining stages of campaign 2. I'm just speculating as those of us who scored the lower 60's in campaign 1 haven't recieved any correspondence stating that we have been unsuccessful, and with what we have assumed up to now is only one more intake left it would make sense to let us know.

I am aware of some members having contacted HR and have been told that there is no set end date for campaign 1, but like anything in this process, things can change.

Cromlech wrote: »
    They could be exhausting campaign 1's merit list first before they proceed with the remaining stages of campaign 2. I'm just speculating as those of us who scored the lower 60's in campaign 1 haven't recieved any correspondence stating that we have been unsuccessful, and with what we have assumed up to now is only one more intake left it would make sense to let us know.

I am aware of some members having contacted HR and have been told that there is no set end date for campaign 1, but like anything in this process, things can change.

Ah Yeah, that's a fair point mate

• Advertisement

Ah Yeah, that's a fair point mate

It's a strange process and nothing is ever transparent or makes sense(to us at least), they seem to do things for some sort of reason, but a little information to candidates wouldn't go amiss.

Other than calls going out to others, I haven't heard anything about campaign 1's recruitment since I recieved my medical pass in early December.

Advertisement