Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

meh. spent more time in WoW and I was only around for WotLK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Dair76 wrote: »
    My 546 hours should make me happy, but it actually makes me feel inadequate.

Up to 632 having just bought the Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

:eek:
    It would take you...
    2543 continuous hours
    105 days,23 hours,30 minutes
    of gameplay to complete your Steam library

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Shiminay wrote: »
    What on earth are you doing with a controller on a PC FPS?
    Here is the conundrum, a friend has the ps4 the last 3/4 months but im looking for one of the controllers back to play lego lotr etc.

Supposedly a controller is a must now and PC gamer reckon a PS,4 contrier is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Balls.
    Well if you stopped playing with your balls the number might not be so high.

1554 continuous hours
    64 days,18 hours,33 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

1224hrs, average by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What on earth are you doing with a controller on a PC FPS?

I used the nunchuck half of a ps move for a long time in place of a keyboard for moving around and a mouse for looking around and shooting. Improved my stats about ten fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

:(

UVdOeSv.png?1

I think a good chunk of those were from bundles where I was interested in the one or two games and not in the others. I do have alot of junk games on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

5524 hours.

With some of the games on my list that's a small, small number. :P

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

Hadn't even heard of this until the other day.

Is there any in-game footage out yet?

Is it just a bog-standard RTS?

Just noticed they're the same shower (Grey Box) behind that giant battleship sim Dreadnought.

Yeah, the devs have been releasing quite a few vids on Youtube. Plenty of MP skirmishes and the like.

Petroglyph was formed by the last peeps out the door at Westwood Studios, so not surprising that this game has a C&C vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Friday well spent :D

2 PCs playing in 1080p for some reason powerdirector wont encode in 1080p

Both original videos are 1080p.

What software setup do streamers/movie makers use?

I love fraps for recording and used to use Vdub for encoding, but with 250mb internet no need to encode anymore. Used powerdirector to split screen the 2 recordings.

Any suggestions for better ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Just started Crysis 3 tonight and, as you do, thought I'd take a few screen shots of its loveliness....

Origin doesn't have screenshot functionality. What the hell? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

gizmo wrote: »
    Just started Crysis 3 tonight and, as you do, thought I'd take a few screen shots of its loveliness....

Origin doesn't have screenshot functionality. What the hell? :confused:
    Use MSI Afterburner, its great for overclocking the gfx card, monitoring framerates, temps and taking screenshots, and works on 64bit games like Battlefield 4, cant remember if Crysis 3 is a 64 bit game or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Use MSI Afterburner, its great for overclocking the gfx card, monitoring framerates, temps and taking screenshots, and works on 64bit games like Battlefield 4, cant remember if Crysis 3 is a 64 bit game or not.
    Oh, I've jumped between it and EVGA Precision over the last while when needed but I'm still shocked that Origin, as a client, lacks such a basic feature.

At least there's an entry in EA Help to guide us! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

gizmo wrote: »
    Oh, I've jumped between it and EVGA Precision over the last while when needed but I'm still shocked that Origin, as a client, lacks such a basic feature.

At least there's an entry in EA Help to guide us! :rolleyes:
    Lol, yeah origin is severely lacking in features. The added a gaming points thing recently and said the rest of the feature is coming soon. The downoad interface is horrible too especially if downloading multiple games there's no proper management.

At least they have good support and can ask for a refund if you don't like a game within 30 days.

Steams support is awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Steam will give you your first refund without any hassle, but after that it's not so simple.

Origin is grand. I find it quicker than Steam for downloading, and the interface is probably better than Steam. Steam really needs an updated interface (and browser). It's woefully slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Kiith wrote: »
    Origin is grand. I find it quicker than Steam for downloading, and the interface is probably better than Steam. Steam really needs an updated interface (and browser). It's woefully slow.

I have to agree, Origin has come a long way in the last few years. It's a pleasure to use now, whereas I hated it when it came onto the scene originally.

I like Steam, but it's not ageing well.

Agreed. I can't help but feel Valve have become a little complacent with Steam. They're pushing new features lately, but the client itself still feels very dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Steam annoys me asking for my DOB when im logged in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Steam annoys me asking for my DOB when im logged in.

That is a pet hate of mine. Bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think mines 1/1/197* as I just dropped the year box to something old sounding

'remind us again how old you are?'

gah FO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Wossack wrote: »
    I think mines 1/1/197* as I just dropped the year box to something old sounding

'remind us again how old you are?'

gah FO

My birthday on steam is also 1/1/RANDOMYEAR :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gbear wrote: »
    Hadn't even heard of this until the other day.

Is there any in-game footage out yet?

Is it just a bog-standard RTS?

Just noticed they're the same shower (Grey Box) behind that giant battleship sim Dreadnought.

Out on Friday

A test chamber here if your interested

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/01/19/test-chamber-grey-goo.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I found a video of TB doing a preview of it.

He plays a game as each faction, explores their mechanics, builds their ultimate units and so on.

I'm always game for another RTS.

Om nom nom. Rumoured 3440x1440 @ 144 Hz from Acer? Would love it. LOVE IT!

tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xr341ck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm looking into getting a 1440p monitor myself with 120/144hz. So many monitors to shop and choose from. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know (i've tried looking into Yamakasi Catleap but looks like a dead duck for me personally)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What's the price to be like on this filthy thing?

• Advertisement

No idea. Still only rumoured, as there's a mention of G-Sync as well, but that model could be a lower resolution. This is likely to be a TN panel though, so colour and viewing angles will be relatively weak.

Advertisement