Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

I know quite a few people who applied this time round that where in the last campaign. I know 3 who failed the ist and then another who 4 didn't need to do their ac cause they got the call. So there's 7 out of the campaign and that's only who I know. If we all added up who we knew etc there would be a right few not in the running now I'd say.
    Maybe that would be why it's so quiet. Also ppl probably don't wanna incriminate themselves by being on this. I spent over a year stalking this forum before I joined up. And I know a couple of others who stalk it to but aren't on it if ya get me....or are they lol

I read somewhere ages ago I think on here that over 10,000 odd applied for the two campaigns. So if u count it up we know that there where 7,500 in c1 then that leaves roughly 2500 for this campaign minus the 7 I know lol. So that'll bring the amount of boarders down too. You'd think I had better things to do on a Friday night lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Yeah there could of been a few that were in the mix for this campaign as well as the first but some may of not applied again. Others probably were thinking they were in and some might of failed the IST or the AC even though they did pass it before. If only I could of been sitting at the stage I am for the last campaign, I reckon I'd be at GV by now! :/

Also, if you all didn't see the post I made in another thread, a guy that I know whose in the mix for this campaign too put in a FOI for numbers passed at stages etc for campaigns 1 and 2!! So as soon as he gets it and sends me the info, I'll post the figures straight away to see how we all stand at present!!

WannabePC wrote: »
    Yeah there could of been a few that were in the mix for this campaign as well as the first but some may of not applied again. Others probably were thinking they were in and some might of failed the IST or the AC even though they did pass it before. If only I could of been sitting at the stage I am for the last campaign, I reckon I'd be at GV by now! :/

Also, if you all didn't see the post I made in another thread, a guy that I know whose in the mix for this campaign too put in a FOI for numbers passed at stages etc for campaigns 1 and 2!! So as soon as he gets it and sends me the info, I'll post the figures straight away to see how we all stand at present!!

There's an foi online somewhere for the first two stages of campaign 1. It's broken down into male and females. Shows the number that applied, got invitations to ist and ac, the no shows and the failures. Probs can't publish the other stages cause they r ongoing. Like u said it wud be good to see this campaigns numbers, would help us put our chances into perspective :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

QueenP wrote: »
    There's an foi online somewhere for the first two stages of campaign 1. It's broken down into male and females. Shows the number that applied, got invitations to ist and ac, the no shows and the failures. Probs can't publish the other stages cause they r ongoing. Like u said it wud be good to see this campaigns numbers, would help us put our chances into perspective :)

Yeah I seen that somewhere. I think it was 750 odd passed the AC but it didn't give any more info than that. It would be interesting to find out how many passed everything and were put on the merit list for campaign 1 and the to see how many people passed the AC stage of campaign 2 as well. Hopefully it's no more than 500 because that would soon be cut down after PCA's and medicals etc and we'd all be in a great position if the funding comes through!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Personally, and i can only speak for myself here, i am not posting as much simply because i feel slightly guilty if i get optimistic or in any way excited or anxious about campaign 2 due to this looming spectre of budget issues. I didnt get past campaign 1's AC and while that was a disappointment went away and worked at where i fell down and its fairly disheartening to know that potentially there are a lot of people who may have done the same could miss out if the police dont have the money they need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I know a few who were in both campaigns, both got the call, one failed medical so never went to the 2nd AC, appealed his medical and passed it! So I am sure the numbers are high for those who drop out etc.

Its quite I think as like others have said, people don't want to build themselves up and be disapointed. I have seen a few stories on the boards where people post after having failed and it just crushes them. I for one failed last years IST with a score that would have passed this years... and it was devastating to say the least.

Thankfully passed the IST this time around and managed to get myself an A* in the A C, so think I would be in the first squad. However its all so up in the air and just trying to stay focused on the next stage, still work to be done for us all. Nothing will be appreciated, relaxed or celebrated until I am shaking the hand of the C C at passout, whenever that may be.

Edit. Typo

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Just to lighten the mood here... Does anybody know there used to be a PSNI tv show called 'Road Patrol NI'? It's on YouTube. Give it a watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

KevBo2015 if I were you I'd be concentrating on training for your PCA. I think we had about 5 weeks from vetting forms had to be returned to PCA date. You get 2 weeks to complete the forms. Congrats on the awesome AC score :D

Thanks Mop a top! Have started training away for the PCA doing about 5/6 days a week mostly cardio circuits type work, lots of boxing, skipping and burpies (what a killer!) involved. Have you any tips on training for the PCA yourself? Been following your story from before I joined the forum (long time lurker!) and hope you get the call! Talk about being through the ringer and back...

Boardies, google news psni recruitment. A Belfast telegraph article will come up. £22million for psni :)

• Advertisement

http:// www . belfasttelegraph . co.uk / news/ policings-22m-budget-reprieve-will-avert-a-major-crisis-30914444.html

Here is a link to the article(which I still can't post as I am a new user). With the extra money maybe there will be more recruits taken on, police stations might stay open longer and community policing might not be cut as much?

Can't help but think with the investigations into the past going to be shifted into a new department, along with lots of police officers due to retire in the next couple of years there will be a LOT of money free from the budget to surely start recruiting on a regular basis? Or at least take a few hundred this year and a few next... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

QueenP wrote: »
    Boardies, google news psni recruitment. A Belfast telegraph article will come up. £22million for psni :)

Quietly optimistic after reading that and more looking forward to an announcement from policing board now.

Good find!

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Thanks Mop a top! Have started training away for the PCA doing about 5/6 days a week mostly cardio circuits type work, lots of boxing, skipping and burpies (what a killer!) involved. Have you any tips on training for the PCA yourself? Been following your story from before I joined the forum (long time lurker!) and hope you get the call! Talk about being through the ringer and back...

Lol it's a bit of a story!!! Definitely work on the cardio and a bit of strength work. The PT said work on short bursts of sprinting. Tbh I think it's as much attitude and technique although fitness is obviously important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Is anybody else getting impatient :( I wish there were definitive time scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

the411 wrote: »
    Is anybody else getting impatient :( I wish there were definitive time scales.

Kinda yeah, only thing is we could be in for a wait, it's good to see news reports on the psni getting a 22 mil reprieve, and apparently the budget for 2015/16 isn't as bad as feared, so it's all looking positive, I'm just hoping that vetting forms start coming through this week, I'm not expecting any myself as I didn't score as high as some folks, but it would sorta settle me as such and would feel that the ball is rolling, just use it as time to polish off on the auld fitness.

Lol they do have time scales. It's called whenever they fancy lol. You'll hand to get used to that. Can't believe it's been almost 18 months!!! Patience wasn't my strong point with stuff that concerns me directly. It is now lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

It is a very long process, but I think a number of factors is reasoning behind it, it's a different process from what the folks prior would have had to have gone through when 50/50 was still in play, and also recruitment was frozen for a couple of years prior to that they routinely had 2 campaigns a year going, so it becomes ccumbersome to start recruitment after a period of no recruitment.

The only thing that was to potentially slow down this process we're all in now for 1405 was budget, but hopefully that won't be the case now (touch wood). So in theory it should be a bit more fluid as recruitment would have ironed out the creases from campaign 1 as such lol, and the fact the recruitment ball is rolling. Totally my own train of thought, could be completely up the left by next week, that's the joys of this backwards country. But yes it is very long lol think about, May was when we submitted our applications it's now late January, 8 months later, it's kinda crazy lol

Hopefully we get some good news at some point today regarding the agreed budget. Today is apparently the most depressing day of the year and I'm feeling it! Need some good news.

Double post! Sorry using phone.

Wonder will anyone receive post today or tomorrow? Was around this time last year the top scoring bunch from the first campaign were contacted with the first squad going into G V in May. Not at home myself will call later see if I've received anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

it's a different process from what the folks prior would have had to have gone through when 50/50 was still in play

I don't know that it's all that different,certainly not much slower. It was a while ago so I'm sketchy on the details but I definitely waited between a year to a year and a half before getting dear johns for previous campaigns during 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Last year I got my vetting forms 6 days after the AC results were announced. I scored high 60's. This year I'm mid-70's and one month on, still no forms. This campaign is considerably slower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The good news everyone's been hoping for:

vI72bRT.png

Oh wow. You think they will take on the full 370 now with this news?

Currently watching the assembly debating the budget and not long after I started watching the question was asked about the £20m that was allocated to the PSNI. The Minister of Finance said that £20m was specifically for the PSNI and that recruitment for will continue. Feeling optimistic.

It was also pointed out that the CC wanted around £28m and even though it is not that figure it is a heck of a lot better than the figure in the draft budget.

Only my guess, but I'd say 378 will be taken as per the original plans.

I'm listening to Simon Hamilton's statement live at the moment and he just said that he had spoken to the Chief Con recently who confirmed that 20m would take off some pressure and also allow recruitment to continue.

Edit: What Fish said above haha.

Sthm wrote: »
    Only my guess, but I'd say 378 will be taken as per the original plans.

I'm listening to Simon Hamilton's statement live at the moment and he just said that he had spoken to the Chief Con recently who confirmed that 20m would take off some pressure and also allow recruitment to continue.

Edit: What Fish said above haha.

Great minds, eh?

fish2690 wrote: »
    Great minds, eh?

That's it!

It'll also be interesting to see if the third campaign now continues as originally planned.

Budget document if anyone is interested:

http://www.northernireland.gov.uk/budget-2015-16.pdf
    PSNI

The additional funding of £65 million allocated to the PSNI reflects the priority to protect front-line policing as far as possible.

The PSNI’s Budget allocation will allow the Chief Constable to take forward necessary recruitment plans in 2015-16 and will avoid some of the more severe impacts on policing and public safety. In addition, PSNI will receive an additional £58 million of security funding (Resource DEL and Capital DEL total). This includes £29.5 million Resource DEL and £1.5 million Capital DEL of additional security funding that has been provided by HM Treasury in 2015-16. This is a particular package of funding for a specific purpose and is treated separately from the PSNI’s baseline funding.

• Advertisement

Right so things are looking gooood for us then? :) (currently stuck in work, and can't get time to read the news articles)

Advertisement