Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Links234 wrote: »
    So, Hotline Miami 2 has just been banned in Australia. **** that noise

It was banned because there is a rape scene, the devs are taking the rape scene out of all versions. Because you know mass murder isn't a problem but a single rape is the worst thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The reason for the ban is outlined in the report by the Australian Classification Board as seen here.

It's the same scene that was included in the demo from around E3 time. One of the designers at Dennaton, the developers of the game, did an interview with RPS a couple of months ago on the topic.

During the interview he mentions they took the scene out of the demo, which was being used for preview purposes, since it obviously only provided a small snippet of play and not the later context which Wedin mentions in the above interview. Obviously with the game being banned, the content wasn't cut from the final game.

EDIT: Devolver have responded in the best way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Did anyone download H1Z1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

srumball wrote: »
    Did anyone download H1Z1?

Yep, but can't get onto a server as some where taken offline and SOE seem to be having issues.

Discussion on the h1z1 forum:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057186898/18/#post93866373

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FFS - I wasted my entire lunch waiting for a fking PS3 to update and then The Last of Us to update so I could play the fking game. How the fk do console peasants tolerate that sort of bs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Shiminay wrote: »
    FFS - I wasted my entire lunch waiting for a fking PS3 to update and then The Last of Us to update so I could play the fking game. How the fk do console peasants tolerate that sort of bs?

Easy TIGER, some of here are Master Race/Peasants Hybrids!

Then you're best equipped to answer it :)

Consoles are great, they're really great. When I express frustration at their backwardness, it's just that - frustration. But when you have nonsense like this to content with is it any wonder those of us who know better consider them vastly inferior?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Easy TIGER, some of here are Master Race/Peasants Hybrids!

Fear the Master Peasants! :P

Consoles are great, they're really great. When I express frustration at their backwardness, it's just that - frustration. But when you have nonsense like this to content with is it any wonder those of us who know better consider them vastly inferior?

That is just a personal opinion but that does not make it a fact! I enjoy the best of both world to be honest, I love Steam but hate Origin and Uplay and on console I love the exclusives and community I play with but hate dealing with down time and other frustrations.
    Been gaming on both for near 20 years and I don't have insight yet into these things you know better about!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How the fk do console peasants tolerate that sort of bs?
    They simply don't know any better Shiminay. The poor creatures, it's a bit like the North Korea, south Korea divide. Most North Koreans think everywhere is as shyte as their country.

• Advertisement

The sum of all human knowledge is right here at our fingertips though. The truth is out there! :D

In unrelated news, some of the Wii U stuff looks kinda fun :) Also, Microsoft are making noises about Win 10 being their best ever OS for PC gaming which, to be honest, terrifies me cause I'd much rather they just kept improving Direct X and stopped trying to help us out with things like Games for Windows.

ScumLord wrote: »
    They simply don't know any better Shiminay. The poor creatures, it's a bit like the North Korea, south Korea divide. Most North Koreans think everywhere is as shyte as their country.

LOL

I'll play TLOU, Uncharted, Starcraft 2, Star Citizen on my Rig & PS4 as a Member of the Galactic Uber Space Race while you lowly Terrian MasterRace and Console Peasants fight it out between yourselves!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

sounds like my experiences with feckin uplay tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have the day off and spent the day playing games with the boy and making Lets Play videos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It would be cool if they had some kind of automatic update option that you could turn on from lets say the settings menu. Then maybe chose a day and time that would automatically turn on the PS3, check for updates and download them for you. :pac:

It would, then they'd have caught up to PC's :p To be fair, the thing had been sitting in a bag for the last 6 months in my flat, so I knew I'd need updates, I just didn't think it'd take 45 minutes. I tried plugging it into a telly in a friend's place, but could do nothing cause I was using Composite and not HDMI (I'm staggered that this is a thing, it certainly isn't on the 360, so one more win for MS on that). Last time I used a Nintendo Wii (to try and review a Tiger Woods game I believe at least 3 years ago, maybe 4), it took 2 hours to do its updates. Completely unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well picked up a Xbox one controller. Vibration on the triggers is pretty cool but not not gonna rip your fingers off. It is a wired connection so I found myself actually killing more people in Battlefield 4 online. Them few extra millisecond delays must actually make a difference. €55 so not cheap but at least I didn't have to get the play and charge kit as the cable supplies all the power + data. For the xbox 360 controller I have the wireless receiver and also play and charge kit.

What on earth are you doing with a controller on a PC FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, you should use a steering wheel for FPS.

Monotype wrote: »
    Yeah, you should use a steering wheel for FPS.

I can't believe he actually kills people with he wheel.

• Advertisement

What on earth are you doing with a controller on a PC FPS?

I'm a console gamer for years and I find it is really difficult to use the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ill just leave this here.

Looks like it would take same amount for me to finish all my steam library as watching all hobit and lotr movies 130 times back to back! :pac:

http://steamleft.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

1efa9cebde.png
    :O

Could watch avatar 2700 times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

1475 here. I feel good about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm pretty good about not building up my pile of shame or collecting lots of crapware.

The only reason it's so big at the moment is that there's a few games there I want to save for when I upgrade to 1440p 144hz.

Also, the number's probably a bit off given that I've nearly spent half as much time again just playing Civ 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

My 546 hours should make me happy, but it actually makes me feel inadequate. Clearly I just haven't been spending enough money in the Steam sales. Gaben forgive me!

Truth be told, I'm only getting back into PC gaming after a long time away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1310. Guess I'd better make a start

134 hours. If xbox, xbox 360, wii, emulators etc had a timer it would be some serious amount of hours. Also I have some games on Origin mainly Battlefield 4 which I put a fair bit of time into online and also the campaign. On my second play through at the min on hard.

• Advertisement

It would take you...
    2160 continuous hours
    90 days,12 minutes
    of gameplay to complete your Steam library.

Balls.

Advertisement