Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Links234 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, I didn't know who she was so I asked. Getting a response that she's "a hot chick" is kinda useless, it tells me nothing. I've no problems with people making observations about the attractiveness of others, but it's kinda different when you're asking a question and get a frankly crap reply.

It'd be a different thing entirely if the poster had said oh she's someone who does reviews on YouTube and she's also really hot.
    Saying dodger is a hot chick on YouTube is enough information. Type dodger in youtube and she's the top result, so I disagree with it being a crap reply. You asked who she was and got enough info to get her channel.

People take things too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

#streamergate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That dodger girl ain't that hot anyway.

That dodger girl ain't that hot anyway.
    boo

On topic in off topic, ive been too lazy to install my Corsair H100i cpu cooler that i bought a year ago( the hassle.... ), but im getting my Crucial M550 next week so will finally take the plunge and install both next weekend, will take forever moving around the existing fans in the case to make room etc. grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

SoIu2PC.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Conriocht

So apart from adaptive/freesync monitors, anything decent for gamers at CES? Haven't really been following it this year.

Conriocht wrote: »
    So apart from adaptive/freesync monitors, anything decent for gamers at CES? Haven't really been following it this year.
    Oculus rift Crescent Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CES has a 34 inch monitor i will have!!! freesync etc

this isnt it but it looks like it.

u3415w.jpg

want want want

Also related to lmimmfn issue in my haste building my X99 Pc i attached the watercooler fan to the back of the caseand continued on, after the 1st few successful boots i put the side on.........**** it didnt fit (fan was protruding from the case)...

I made it fit!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Even if you buy it on Steam, it still uses UPlay. There's not escaping it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Uplay is fine though, never had an issue with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kiith wrote: »
    Even if you buy it on Steam, it still uses UPlay. There's not escaping it.

Really? :eek:

Feckin hell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Uplay is fine though, never had an issue with it.

1311603778372.jpg

Well I haven't. What horrors have you experienced with it apart from it not being steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well I haven't. What horrors have you experienced with it apart from it not being steam?
    I haven't had any problems with it personally but I bought far cry 3 for my brother in law last year on steam and it never actually worked, the jump between the two systems didn't work.

Try it at when a game launches and come back to us. Watch Dogs was completely unplayable for days after it's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Apart from the slow download speeds, I bought Splinter cell: Blacklist and it's stuck on an update loop. On researching, there's loads of people with the same issue. Still no fix. Will I get my money back? Will I F**K.... First and last experience with u(no)Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

u(no)Play.

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, their platform just doesn't have the bandwidth to cope with launch days. If they solved that, I'd wager it'd take care of 75% of the UPlay complaints.

As an aside, I kinda admire the trick where your achievements actually unlock in-game things and you get to pick what you want. I'd like to see other platforms take that idea on.

I bought The Crew on launch and was able to play fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was playing far cry 3 when far cry 4 was released and uplay kept crapping out on me. The way it handles updates is horrendous as well compared to steam. Each update has to be downloaded and installed individually one after the other. Complete pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

I haven't touched it since Far Cry 3, because I now flat out refuse to buy anything that requires it (even though I really want Child of Light). But, to answer your question, early on it hogged resources and crashed regularly, while later it was plagued with connectivity issues, especially around, but not limited to, launches of major titles.

Add that to the fact that there are enough people shoving DRM shop platforms down my throat as it is without every publisher forcing their own one on me.

I gave it a fair chance, I'm not drinking from that well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The way it handles updates is horrendous as well compared to steam. Each update has to be downloaded and installed individually one after the other. Complete pain in the arse.

I think their newer games have fixed that, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 are supposed to update sort of like Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I have lost saves multiple times in Uplay. It's garbage.

I have lost saves multiple times in Uplay. It's garbage.

Yes that reminds me, it used to require always on connection and if you lost connection it would dump you out of the game and you'd lose your progress. Not to mention that online pass they tried to implement. They just seemed to have utter contempt for their customers...

Anyway, not the thread for it. I'll shut up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Apart from the slow download speeds, I bought Splinter cell: Blacklist and it's stuck on an update loop. On researching, there's loads of people with the same issue. Still no fix. Will I get my money back? Will I F**K.... First and last experience with u(no)Play.
    yea i had this problem too, it keeps re-downloading update 1 over and over again, there are 2 more updates to the game, you have to install them manually, if you just google for update 2 and 3 you should find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I downloaded 17gb of watchdogs last night in an hour at around 4mb/s same speed I get from steam. Never had any issues with uplay and it offers rewards for playing games I like that.

Considering Ubi are one of the best dev in the industry it would be silly not to want to play their games and introduce some self imposed ban because you might have to wait a few extra hours to play on release day due to server load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, Hotline Miami 2 has just been banned in Australia. **** that noise

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That only means that HM2 is going to be really epic!

I'm not really surprised. Their rating system is stupid. That reminds me...i should really finish the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Reason enough for me to buy it so!

Advertisement