Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the latest after / earliest before you've seen xmas decorations up

Options
  • 04-01-2015 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

As above

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Domestically the earliest I've seen was second week in November. Latest second week in January. So no big extremes there. What about you OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fm230549

In AUGUST 1976 while travelling from Galway to Dublin my car broke down just outside Tyrrellspass. Called to a house for help. There was a fully decorated Christmas tree in the porch and a party going on in the house. Still don't know if they were having a late or early Christmas. I decided to seek help elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Theres a guy on tge road must really love xmas he leaves his decorations up until start of February..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

I took down my tree yesterday, so that was the 12th.
    My cousin told me when she got married years ago, someone told her it was bad luck to take down the tree for the first year of the marriage, so she left hers up for the entire year!!
    Ha! It must have worked cos she's married 26 years now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I must try that one out when I get married, any excuse to keep them up all year :P

Although as much as I love Christmas having it up all year would make it not so special.

So does anyone/or their neighbours still have their decorations up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Decorations have been put away, the tree is bare and still up with being unwell I haven't attempted to take it down I'm afraid the dust might set my asthma off, my other half might tackle it later give a little Hoover,

I am quite happy with how the decorations got packed away this is the first in our new house, I managed to take note of spare cards I have and gift bags, gift tags for 2015, so I feel I am a little ahead for 2015 already, I also managed to pick up a present too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

We still have the decorations and 2 trees up. :D
    We even lit one tree this evening!
    They're going in the attic tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is a bar near me who has Christmas decorations up in one of thir function rooms for the last five years. Apparantly they asked two of the barmen to put there up after work one night. They decided that it would be faster to use a nail gun. When they tried to take them down all the wooden panels on the wall had loads of holes so they have left them up.

Miaireland wrote: »
    There is a bar near me who has Christmas decorations up in one of thir function rooms for the last five years. Apparantly they asked two of the barmen to put there up after work one night. They decided that it would be faster to use a nail gun. When they tried to take them down all the wooden panels on the wall had loads of holes so they have left them up.

Potential marketing gold mine. Come to our bar where it's Christmas all year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

There's a house around Fortfield in Terenure that still has their outdoor christmas lights, lighting at nighttime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was out running this morning and I saw a tinsel wreath in someone's window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

A house on the Rathgar road just after the garage still has Santys in the window. I still have part of a bell on the ceiling that me and the wife are too lazy to get down:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

Well, it's not really decorations but I have to mention it somewhere - I just saw a woman rocking a Christmas jumper when I was out shopping at the weekend. It had a whole winter wonderland scene depicted on it! Must have been someone from this forum ;-) Also, there is a house nearby that still has Santa guarding the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas tree clearly visible in the window (in fact, practically up against the window!) in a house along Western Road in Cork City - passed it the other day, couldn't believe it! Looked like the room hadn't been used in a while though, the curtains seemed to be half drawn, only separated by the big aul Christmas tree :pac:

Advertisement