Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ladbrokes Life

• 11-01-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭

Where's the guy that gets his dole on a Tuesday and has lost it all by Tuesday evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What if he wins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Such a load of trash that ad. Mr. Brightside - He always loses but what the hell? It's only a few quid. Absolute nonsense, I wonder if they would get away with advertising alcohol in the same fashion. I have not been to a Ladbrokes in about 6 months. Last week I passed by a Ladbrokes to go to a Boylesports even though Ladbrokes had a better price on the selection I wanted to bet on. I will NEVER go to a Ladbrokes again because of that whole advertising campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I don't want drag them all on same brush.

But does anyone else find the Ladbrokes staff unfriendly and odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Breadwoman

There is a secret message in ladbrokes- broke lads. ya most bookie staff are unfriendly, its a disgrace, they have no respect for pathological gamblers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

That advertising campaign is awful, agreed.

Don't think there's any real trend with regard to the staff employed by the different chains. You get good and bad across all shops, if I was to pick one I'd say Boyles have the most unhelpful staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

The closest bookies to me is a Ladbrokes and I've a real problem going to collect my winnings. I've had winning accas the last 4 weekends and when I go to collect they staff have tried to leave me short every single time. I've had to stand there and argue the toss on each occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That advertising campaign is awful, agreed.

Don't think there's any real trend with regard to the staff employed by the different chains. You get good and bad across all shops, if I was to pick one I'd say Boyles have the most unhelpful staff.

I walk past a Boyles to go into PP, The staff in Boyles are a disgrace the way they talk to customers and the shop is a kip (could be why the staff have the attitude) The manager is the worse of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man this ad is going into overkill

Advertisement