Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official intake 8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mrpickle

been a wild few weeks there. Going to have to get fit and crack on with this online learning! Hope everyone had a good xmas! No doubt we will all be getting a severe reality check soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

mrpickle wrote: »
    been a wild few weeks there. Going to have to get fit and crack on with this online learning! Hope everyone had a good xmas! No doubt we will all be getting a severe reality check soon enough

I'm scared

Very scared :)

2 weeks to get some semblance of fitness back

Started my kit list shopping

Where's best to get decent socks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Not sure if this will help but I got men's hiking socks from tesco. I use them when I'm wearing my riding boots and have cut down on the rubbing as they're double layered. I got the smallest size since I'm only a 5 lol

Mop a top wrote: »
    Not sure if this will help but I got men's hiking socks from tesco. I use them when I'm wearing my riding boots and have cut down on the rubbing as they're double layered. I got the smallest size since I'm only a 5 lol

That sounds like the kinda thing I'm looking for

Nightmare the kit list, it's like a task on the apprentice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Went for a jog today, might as well a been starting from scratch :eek:

How are you's getting on with the learning? Some lift a stuff in the pre induction too. Im afraid i wont be fit to retain even half of it like.

Went for a jog today, might as well a been starting from scratch :eek:

How are you's getting on with the learning? Some lift a stuff in the pre induction too. Im afraid i wont be fit to retain even half of it like.

If i cab retain 67 % of it ill be more than happy

Finished pace on friday, couple more modules to do, went through all the knowledge checks from pre entry stuff was surprised how well I did

Wee blast on exercise bike yesterday and a run today, safe to say I'll be getting a hard time on the fitness end of things, guaranteed to boke

Damn you Christmas holiday binge

pb82 wrote: »
    If i cab retain 67 % of it ill be more than happy

Finished pace on friday, couple more modules to do, went through all the knowledge checks from pre entry stuff was surprised how well I did

Wee blast on exercise bike yesterday and a run today, safe to say I'll be getting a hard time on the fitness end of things, guaranteed to boke

Damn you Christmas holiday binge

What way are you learning it? Just reading like Fúck over and over again ? I can't use my old style of learning for it, literally too much of it !

What way are you learning it? Just reading like Fúck over and over again ? I can't use my old style of learning for it, literally too much of it !

Pretty much just reading over it then doing the knowledge checks

Will finish it this week then spend the week after really trying to hammer it home

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VincentChase

Struggling with the e-learning here too. There's such a huge volume of stuff it's difficult to know what to concentrate on?

Is reading through everything gonna be enough to have a working knowledge of all sections or are we expected to know the in's and out's of all the components as well?

• Advertisement

Struggling with the e-learning here too. There's such a huge volume of stuff it's difficult to know what to concentrate on?

Is reading through everything gonna be enough to have a working knowledge of all sections or are we expected to know the in's and out's of all the components as well?

I'm on the introduction to investigation module now and the amount of information is hard to take in

I'd find it impossible to take notes on it as it's impossible to work out what you could leave out

I'll hopefully read over it all another couple of times and see how I go

This induction course is so tedious. I should have started sooner than I did. So much to take in! I hope everyone feels the same as me about it. Also, did a Whatsapp group ever materialize for this squad?

It was a tough slog indeed

I'm gonna start going through everything now and make notes

Virtually impossible to narrow it down

Don't think the whatsapp group materialised

In the middle of note taking at the mo. Trying to not let it stress me out, but not that easily done, you're not alone anyway.

Just me and NR14 in the whatsapp group so far ! :rolleyes: lol

In the middle of note taking at the mo. Trying to not let it stress me out, but not that easily done, you're not alone anyway.

Just me and NR14 in the whatsapp group so far ! :rolleyes: lol

Courtesy

Courtesy is a quality.....aaaaaahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 28 200WattWarlock

Courtesy

Courtesy is a quality.....aaaaaahhhhh

.. is an ESSENTIAL quality...

I swear there's a path being worn in my carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

I hope it's a smooth path in the carpet.

JtmC wrote: »
    I hope it's a smooth path in the carpet.

My good temper is being tested with information overload

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gvillehopeful

How's everyone been splitting their time up over the induction 'v' the pre-entry material and then the definitions?
    Finding it tough enough my note talking isn't the best and it's difficult to know what they want ya to know for the test then what your working knowledge should be for the first week! Stressed already lol!

How's everyone been splitting their time up over the induction 'v' the pre-entry material and then the definitions?
    Finding it tough enough my note talking isn't the best and it's difficult to know what they want ya to know for the test then what your working knowledge should be for the first week! Stressed already lol!

I've basically just finished note taking on the induction course. From tomorrow on I'm going to spend an hour or two a day reading over the notes I made for the pre-entry back in August and the Induction notes I have made this week and hopefully that's enough. Is it just the courtesy definition we need to know for when we start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 200WattWarlock

Is it just the courtesy definition we need to know for when we start?

Yep, that's what I took away from the induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

I've basically just finished note taking on the induction course. From tomorrow on I'm going to spend an hour or two a day reading over the notes I made for the pre-entry back in August and the Induction notes I have made this week and hopefully that's enough. Is it just the courtesy definition we need to know for when we start?

Hey it is getting close now... you do not need to know the Courtesy def for the week 1 exam, haven't been asked it til week 8 exams

LadyVernal wrote: »
    Hey it is getting close now... you do not need to know the Courtesy def for the week 1 exam, haven't been asked it til week 8 exams

It's not for the exam, one of the tutors said it would be something you would be expected to recite verbatim on parade

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

It's not for the exam, one of the tutors said it would be something you would be expected to recite verbatim on parade

yea we were told that too lol. nt been done yet haha... ;)

LadyVernal wrote: »
    yea we were told that too lol. nt been done yet haha... ;)

This is great news

Though I'll try and learn it just because I really am that unlucky

How you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gvillehopeful

My notes feel like I've just copied some sections out hard to judge what is needed. But I feel some of its going in anyway! That big pre-read is worrying though is that for week one? Or people just worrying about the exam stuff first?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

Last week of freedom boys and girls. How's everyone getting on? My note making is a nightmare also considering we have no idea what we are going to be asked. Everyone done their shopping?

tron2000 wrote: »
    Last week of freedom boys and girls. How's everyone getting on? My note making is a nightmare also considering we have no idea what we are going to be asked. Everyone done their shopping?

Going today to hopefully finish the shopping

Pretty sure I'll forget something, but sure tesco isn't far away

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

Going today to hopefully finish the shopping

Pretty sure I'll forget something, but sure tesco isn't far away

Any joy in finiding somewhere to get these wooden hangers with the sliding clips on bottom?

• Advertisement

tron2000 wrote: »
    Any joy in finiding somewhere to get these wooden hangers with the sliding clips on bottom?

Nope

Gonna try and get the felt non slip ones, should do the same job?

I'm gonna open a shop that stocks all the stuff u need in the one place

Or failing that package it all up on ebay absolute pain

Advertisement