Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of residence impossible - help please?

• 09-01-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there,
    I live in a house that is split into two apartments. I share the top floor with another guy, downstairs live two more guys. I would like to apply for "visitor's parking permit" so my GF can visit me and not become poor in the process (pay and display parking on my street). I dont drive myself, so i dont hold a parking permit.
    Now the problem: I need to "submit 2 current (i.e. dated within the last 3 months) alternative proofs of residency showing your name and address (including flat number, if applicable) from
    the following i.e. Gas, Home Telephone, Electricity or TV bill; Bank, Credit Card or
    Credit Union statement; Phonewatch bill or Television Licence. Non-domestic bills and
    mobile phone bills are not accepted by Dublin City Council."
    The gas and electricity bill are in our landlords name. We don't have a landline phone, i dont own a television and thus dont receive a bill for it nor do i have a tv license, We have no phonewatch. The only thing i can provide is a bank statement.

How do i apply for this? Any hints, tips, help? In other countries there is a central citizwen registry, but in ireland this doesnt exist. Does this mean i can never avail of any public services?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

Are you on the electoral registered at that address? This should be acceptable as an additional proof of address.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Call Revenue and ask them to send you a balancing statement for 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Get a letter from Revenue. Thats the best proof residence. Go onto PAYE anytime and request lost pin or register. You will get the details in a few days. They are pretty quite about.Although most banks will take a letter from your landlord saying you live there and his phone number if there is issues. With a copy of a bill

I find it ridiculous also that we dont have a residence registration office in Ireland. In Germany you have to register in the office. But it makes it super easy to open bank accounts, electricity accounts etc. As you have an official letter saying you live there

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Marmit3 wrote: »
    The gas and electricity bill are in our landlords name.
    Move the bills into your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Does your flat mate have a residents permit, if so he can apply for a visitor permit? Your lease may also be an acceptable proof of address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

These are the requirements for a resident's permit (as opposed to visitors' permits). Having any of these might help.
    “acceptable evidence “ means:
    (1)(a) A current insurance certificate indicating that the vehicle is normally kept by the resident on the residential parking permit road to which the permit will relate, or

(b) Where the applicant is the registered owner of the vehicle in respect of which the application for a resident’s parking permit is being made and the vehicle is insured by his/her employer, the employer’s insurance certificate and satisfactory documentary evidence from the employer that the applicant is in full time employment of the company and that the specified vehicle is insured by the company, or

(c) Where the applicant is not the registered owner of the vehicle in respect of which the application for a resident’s parking permit is being made, but has the use of the vehicle in the course of his or her employment, the employer’s insurance certificate for the vehicle and satisfactory documentary evidence from the employer, who is the registered owner of the vehicle, that the applicant is in the full time employment of the registered owner and that the vehicle is normally kept by the applicant at the resident’s address on the residents’ parking permit road to which the resident’s parking permit will relate, and

(2) except in the case of paragraph 1 (c) of this Bye-Law, a vehicle licensing certificate or a registration book confirming that the resident applying for a resident’s parking permit is the registered owner of the vehicle in respect of which the application for a resident’s parking permit is being made and that the vehicle is registered at the resident’s address on the residential parking permit road to which the resident’s parking permit will relate and

(3) a driving or provisional licence in the name of the resident applying for the resident’s parking permit and

(4) any two of the following: current utility bills, financial statements, or other documentation, acceptable to the Council, addressed to the applicant at his/her address on the residential parking permit road to which the resident’s parking permit will relate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marmit3

Thanks for your support. I registered on the revenue page and am expecting a letter from them. Unfortunately all other suggestions aren't an option for me.

Advertisement