Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That chat between the boys at the start of of the video about thunder blocking the sun. Is Kahn a sun god?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Haven't played fighting games hardcore since Tekken 3 back in the day but this and Tekken 7 may bring me back. D'Vorrah looks right up my street. Cassie on the otherhand looks very goofy with some of her animations. Her finisher on the other hand is beautiful.

We had a wee chat about MKX on the latest HSN podcast. Am I the only one who's not digging the art-style? It's incredibly dark, even when compared to regular MK standards. It almost seems a little too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

deathrider wrote: »
    That chat between the boys at the start of of the video about thunder blocking the sun. Is Kahn a sun god?

I think one of his three styles is called Sun God.

Penn wrote: »
    I think one of his three styles is called Sun God.

Ah, ok. That makes sense then. So, I'm guessing each character's intro dialogue is interchangable then, depending on who they're facing off against. That's pretty badass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, ok. That makes sense then. So, I'm guessing each character's intro dialogue is interchangable then, depending on who they're facing off against. That's pretty badass.

Injustice had a similar thing with the Clashes, where sometimes the second character's dialogue would be an actual reply to the first character. It was actually pretty cool, made for some funny exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

MK9 Kano ball with Inj Superman lasers.
    Make it happen.

Kano's beard wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

X ray better than Fatality

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    X ray better than Fatality

Agreed. That X was sick! I'm really liking the look of Kano. His cybernetics look cool, he's still got the brash attitude that we know and love him for, and more importantly- That accent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Kano is in?

Day one purchase for me.

Not only is he in, but he looks like an absolute animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i think the best part about mk X so far is the different styles the fighters have. Hopefully some mk4 characters get in. Some of those characters are too good to be ignored.

i think the best part about mk X so far is the different styles the fighters have. Hopefully some mk4 characters get in. Some of those characters are too good to be ignored.

I'd be very surprised if Fujin, Shinnok and Rieko don't make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

From Joystiq:
    Also, WB revealed four-armed charmer Goro is coming back to the series, making his first appearance as a playable character since 2006 entry Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. If you've absolutely Goro have him, he's a "retail channel-wide" pre-order exclusive in North America, and across the pond he's limited to "an exclusive UK retailer"
    Bahahahahahahahaa.
    Preorder exlcusive characters announced 7 months before the game ships? And the preorder character is Goro. You must be ****ing joking, Netherrelm.

Also a release date has been confirmed too, April 14th.

Goro will be a tournament ban right out the gate, and an online trolls best friend.

Goro will be a tournament ban right out the gate, and an online trolls best friend.

Doa game

Anyone for a Quan Cheese burger with woolay sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If Kira comes back, I'm hopping onto this \o/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2wCWs0Beek Kung Lao's back, and he's old.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I thought they killed him....

Rob2D wrote: »
    I thought they killed him....

It's MK, man.

Macal wrote: »
    It's MK, man.

It's "I thought they 'Fatalitied' him."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Raiden will probably just reset the time line again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

more than likely anyone that comes back from the dead will be explained anyway with quan chi's sorcerer's powers

kinda disappointed lao didnt come back as cyber lao instead of old man lao but im happy he's back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jcZJJm9.jpg
    (more)

Looks alright.

Interestingly, the pads are PS3/4 and Xbox 360/One.
    Could be good for dual-modding.

wouldn't mind getting one of those

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EROmqidZQc New trailer. Kitana confirmed.

Advertisement