Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Independent Big Business Quiz of 2014

• 29-12-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

two that I can't get with a good trawl of google

5 What percentage of the off-course sponsorship earnings of golfer Rory McIlroy, pictured, did sports management company Horizon Sports attempt to charge him for its services, a fee he is taking it to court for?

32 What senior Irish civil service role was taken up this year by an individual who shares the same family name as his predecessor, but is no relation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

When was this quiz in the Indo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Stephens Day paper I think, I've since cut out the form. It's also online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Bateman wrote: »
    Stephens Day paper I think, I've since cut out the form. It's also online

Ta. Do you need the original form or can you just send in the answers separately. If I get the answers to your questions I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

5 is 20 per cent according to the Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/rory-mcilroy-deliberately-wiped-clean-mobile-phones-court-hears-1.2031157

Mr McIlroy, in his action, said Horizon charged commission “many times greater” than is standard in the sports agency industry including one agreement in which he must pay 20 per cent of his sponsorship and 15 per cent if the contract is renewed after 2017.

32 is Secretary General of the Department of Finance, again according to the Times. Derek Moran replaced John Moran.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/new-department-of-finance-secretary-general-confirmed-1.1859346

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Q8 Aer Lingus CEO Christopher Mueller once served in German army. What was his rank?

Q30 Record price paid for an Irish investment property in 2014?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Re: Mueller, the best I could find was "transport logistics officer". "Officer" felt vague to me, but that's what I went with. There really doesn't seem to be anything more detailed available out there. And it was a pretty responsible role given that he was responsible for the transfer of nuclear warheads.

Will post 30 later, think it was 250m.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Bateman wrote: »
    Re: Mueller, the best I could find was "transport logistics officer". "Officer" felt vague to me, but that's what I went with. There really doesn't seem to be anything more detailed available out there. And it was a pretty responsible role given that he was responsible for the transfer of nuclear warheads.

Will post 30 later, think it was 250m.

Thanks Bateman - 250million correct.
    Any idea re question 40 One major insurer cited last winters storm damage for an 80% drop in its first-hals profits. Which insurer was it & how much did it pay out in storm-related damage in the period?

Advertisement