Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

menthol cigarettes

• 27-12-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

what menthol branded cigs are available here ? i remember about 5-6 years ago you could get superking greens (menthol)

can u still get these and if not what brands are there ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Yep you can still get them. There's also:

Vogue
    Mayfair green
    Silk Cut Choice
    Silk Cut Menthol super slims
    Marlboro Menthol
    " Ice blast
    " Gold Beyond
    Pall Mall click

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Super kings menthol, consulate, and now and again, I see carols no 1 menthol.

Jeez, didn't know you could get menthol carrolls. is that new? i work in a shop and we haven't gotten them yet. no doubt they'll be popular. has anyone noticed how more and more people are smoking menthol cigarettes (and tobaccos like amber leaf-->nbut thats cheaper)

i think its disgraceful on the part of cig companies. they know their market. and they'll keep going and going.menthol is seen as cooler or some ****e like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

ah sweet didnt know there was so many different brands available :) cheers guys :)@berger whats your best selling ones ?

Defo Silk Cut Choice, followed by Pall Mall click on.

• Advertisement

silk cut was never my choice of fag was like smoking air haha might give the mint ones a go :) just as a treat every now and then :) cheers !! :P

Oooooh you may want to go for the Consulate then! Nice and strong! ;) :P

dont want something thatll blow me away lol :) superking where the finest i just didnt know u could still get them :) ( something about banning menthol fags as it attracts younger smokers) i read somewhere :)

Banning menthol is the least of your problems. They're trying to ban cig machines in pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants. Starting from January 18th I think.

Yeah it's crazy. There's definitely been an increase in young people smoking. I think its disgusting and disgraceful how cigarette companies target them. I know there's no open advertising allowed anymore but doesn't stop young people. And the novelty of pressing a clicky thing and suddenly you've lovely menthol.
    Same goes for tobacco. Amber leaf is the "cool" stuff. You get your filters and papers in the packet. It's "cool" to be rolling.

Happy smoking! ;);)

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Banning menthol is the least of your problems. They're trying to ban cig machines in pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants. Starting from January 18th I think.

Hope they do. I suppose this banning of smoking in cars with kids is the start of it. Long may it continue!

im all for the banning anyway :) im an outside smoker , never smoked in the car or indoors :)

pudzey101 wrote: »
    im all for the banning anyway :) im an outside smoker , never smoked in the car or indoors :)

Are you more a social smoker?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just a reminder that the Charter mentions that this forum is for the positives of smoking and not for ranting and raving about bans/potential bans. Keep it on topic,ie. Menthol Cigarettes please.

berger89 wrote: »
    Are you more a social smoker?

yeah benson most of the time , but was at a bus stop today and a guy next to me had a menthol fag , was close to asking him for one but then id seem like a bum :cool: was a very slim feminine looking ciggy what ever it was :)

Vogue slims!!
    (ugh I hate knowing so much about cigarettes, esp. when I'm not a smoker!)

I get asked every 6 months about stocking menthol. havent sold them in around 15 years.

Saw a carton of John player menthol earlier. There's another one for your list.

cheers man !! got the superkings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

I always go for the long Mayfair but why do people buy the short when you can get the long ones for the same price?

• Advertisement

I always go for the long Mayfair but why do people buy the short when you can get the long ones for the same price?

I never got into the longer cigarettes. Took too long to smoke them. If only sick cut red were that little bit bigger though, they lasted no time. And were beautiful.

Longer cigs are stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Oooooh you may want to go for the Consulate then! Nice and strong! ;) :P

Consulate strong ? - Are you having a laugh ? Consulate are like smoking air with a hint of menthol.

If you want strong coffin nails go for Woodbines or Capstan.

Long Gone wrote: »
    Consulate strong ? - Are you having a laugh ? Consulate are like smoking air with a hint of menthol.

If you want strong coffin nails go for Woodbines or Capstan.

Pretty sure you can't get woodbines these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I used to smoke the pall mall click - on (navy pack) but I've noticed they changed the taste of the menthol (to practically nothing), so went on to malboro gold beyond - so much nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

oh and I found silk cut choice is like smoking Vicks (the decongestant)!!

Pretty sure you can't get woodbines these days.

The hell you can't......

Click the X to delete the pop-up

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Tobacconist/Woodbine_Plain_Cigarettes_20.html

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Camel are also doing a 'Active' pack - Camel Blue with a a clicker to give you menthol.

A clicker ? How does that work ?

• Advertisement

Long Gone wrote: »
    A clicker ? How does that work ?

I think it's in the filter. You bite it if you want to change the flavour.

Advertisement