Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

buying tobacco online

• 24-10-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

hi guys,
    has anyone bought tobacco online anywhere?
    im no looking o save money really more looking to see what else is out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

would like the same info. Just had a think about how much the price has risen on the small pouches of tobacco, they used to make sense but just dont anymore.

looking to get 2 x 50 gram pouches at a time, that will do me an my girlfriend for a month.

recommendations or personal experiences appreciated plz, whats the best way to go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

A lot of people used to mention E-tobaccos as a reliable source, but I think in recent years I think they've resorted to taking people's orders, plus their money and then just not sending out the order. I think a lot of people still like doing the day trip thing, and the added advantage of that is that you can bring back as much as you like. Well, above a certain amount, you may be asked to demonstrate that they're for personal use, although I've never been quite sure what that meant. A bit of a smoke-up with the customs officer perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

+1 for the day trip. Got a friend to post me cigars a while back and bloody customs stung me for a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Day trip is the way to go, done it a number of times to Barcelona and Madrid and more recently Brussels(as it's nearer and they've great beer!). Never had any issues bringing them back in, usually 2000 at any one time.

I wouldn't bother with online sales, any savings are going to be wiped out when they invariably get stopped by customs. See the charter at the top of the forum for legal allowances and customs rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the best day-trip for a cigar stockup in terms of time of trip time, price and selection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

lord lucan wrote: »
    Day trip is the way to go, done it a number of times to Barcelona and Madrid and more recently Brussels(as it's nearer and they've great beer!). Never had any issues bringing them back in, usually 2000 at any one time.

I wouldn't bother with online sales, any savings are going to be wiped out when they invariably get stopped by customs. See the charter at the top of the forum for legal allowances and customs rules.

How much is a carton of 200 as a matter of interest?

Faith+1 wrote: »
    How much is a carton of 200 as a matter of interest?

Usually around the €50 mark depending on the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

http://yesmoke.eu/
    I don't smoke anymore but you could start here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zarko

vinnie13 wrote: »
    hi guys,
    has anyone bought tobacco online anywhere?
    im no looking o save money really more looking to see what else is out there

Hi there I am selling tobacco, origin from Germany, postage is 15 euros and the order must be under 1kg. If interested message me.

zarko wrote: »
    Hi there I am selling tobacco, origin from Germany, postage is 15 euros and the order must be under 1kg. If interested message me.

This is not the place to sell your wares, please read the forum charter before posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kevwalsh044

lord lucan wrote: »

Hello just wondering where in Brussels you buy? Thinking of doing a day trip to buy tobacco. Is there much hassle involved?? Is there tobacco shops close to the airport? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello just wondering where in Brussels you buy? Thinking of doing a day trip to buy tobacco. Is there much hassle involved?? Is there tobacco shops close to the airport? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Just buy them in the duty free store in the airport, they are pretty much the same price as the shops outside the airport.

Advertisement