Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Specials

• 21-12-2014 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

So what Christmas specials are there on the tv this year?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Gits_bone wrote: »
    So what Christmas specials are there on the tv this year?

A new Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special,Christmas Night 10pm RTE1.

Im currently watching Jeff Dunhams Christmas Special on Comedy Central.Hes funny as hell.

www .youtube.com/watch?v=3L8fIrWnXRA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Downton abbey. Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Fair city (hour long episode) can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Mass,.... Or father ted Christmas special in normally on e4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

matchthis wrote: »
    Mass,.... Or father ted Christmas special in normally on e4

Can't beat the Fr Ted special :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hopefully Willie Wonka will get a run out

TV3 are really pulling out all this stops this Christmas Eve.
    Brendan Grace live from The Royal Theatre in some place called Castlebar at 8pm tonight.WOW thats just made my Christmas.
    Hopefully Willie Wonka will get a run out

I hope to god you mean the original with Gene Wilder and not the tripe of a remake that Mr Depp was in.

www .youtube.com/watch?v=cFvrvtH0psI

Father Ted Xmas Special is on at 11pm on RTE2 tonight,you know the one where all the priests get caught in the lingerie department.
    Then theres the film Hot Fuszz on after Father Ted.

Sky really ruined christmas tv with their fecking buying the right of home alone etc. Nothing but absolute tripe on now. I am resorting to watching friends. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sky really ruined christmas tv with their fecking buying the right of home alone etc. Nothing but absolute tripe on now. I am resorting to watching friends. :(

To be fair even if sky didn't buy the rights it still would have been tripe just with home alone. Tv line up is so bad this year. There really is nothing to watch. It's so bad we're sticking on a DVD later.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    To be fair even if sky didn't buy the rights it still would have been tripe just with home alone. Tv line up is so bad this year. There really is nothing to watch. It's so bad we're sticking on a DVD later.

Yeah but Elf might have been on C4 or maybe Sky have bought the rights to willy wonka and oliver too? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like the comedy panel show specials that are on at Christmas. A League Of Their Own is on tonight at 9, and the Big Fat Quiz of the Year is on St Stephens Day at 9. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Top Gear Patagonia 2 part special on Saturday (20.30) and Sunday (20.00)

Hopefully its a good one again.Was watching Hamster on The Alan Carr show and also Clarkson on The Jonathan Ross Show and both said it would be an eye opening show,they were tal,king about being run out of it by the locals in Argentina over their cars number plates and refferences to The Falklands.

Well Sky1 have the Alien and also Predator flims on if you are feeling "festive" this Christmas.
    Sky1 have absolute rubbish on this year with regards films for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Gogglebox special on at 9.30pm on Channel 4 - can't wait :)

The original Willy Wonka was on RTE2 this morning at 10am,we watched it as we opened up all of the presents Santa left for us.

ww w .flickr .com/photos/127582733@ N07/15914556960/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The only christmas special I found funny was the Royle family one about the nigella christmas. Its the funniest thing ever

Did you watch it tonight?
    It was good enough,but its all rather predictable these days with TG.They were lucky that those cops didnt actually purposely lead them into that mob of 300 cars waiting for them.They were very lucky that they were not pulled from their cars and kicked to death by that mob.

Did you watch it tonight?
    It was good enough,but its all rather predictable these days with TG.They were lucky that those cops didnt actually purposely lead them into that mob of 300 cars waiting for them.They were very lucky that they were not pulled from their cars and kicked to death by that mob.

TG is an entertainment show, not a car show. I love it even though it's scripted as hell. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭gidget

Have to say one that stood out for me this year was the one off re-booted special of Open All Hours, with David Jason, especially then end :D

• gidget wrote: »
    Have to say one that stood out for me this year was the one off re-booted special of Open All Hours, with David Jason, especially then end :D
    That was a repeat from last year but the BBC are currently showing a full series of it because of the success of that one off special. I love it and I remember the original with Ronnie Barker with great writing from Roy Clarke!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95590315&postcount=4924

This delights me greatly. I'm a big Bill Murray fan, oh and I'm keen on Christmas too :pac:

Advertisement