Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sales after Xmas (St. Stephens Day)

• 22-12-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi everyone

You guys know what time the shops will open on St. Stephens Day? I am so excited to get a good prices!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The sales assistant in Next told me she had to be in at 5am for a 6am start.
    It's ridiculous really, I feel so sorry for them having to work so early. It will ruin their Xmas day. I certainly wont be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

The sales assistant in Next told me she had to be in at 5am for a 6am start.
    It's ridiculous really, I feel so sorry for them having to work so early. It will ruin their Xmas day. I certainly wont be there.

Yes when all the rest of us are having a good time restingand what not they up to their eyes with pushy barging people!

I don't envy them one bit.
    The joys of working in retail I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

monflat wrote: »
    Yes when all the rest of us are having a good time restingand what not they up to their eyes with pushy barging people!

I don't envy them one bit.
    The joys of working in retail I suppose

Yeah but she said there will be queues at the door that morning. What is wrong with these people?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't understand anyone who gets up early on Stephen's Day to barge through crowds in the hope of a couple of quid off something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I remember when we had January sales and not St Stephen's day sale. It bugs the hell of me, can we not just wait a few days extra to spend the Christmas present money. What ever happened to the 12 days of Christmas. Rant over...

OP, hope you do get some bargains but I will be in my bed, dreaming of the yummy family brunch we will be having.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I remember when we had January sales and not St Stephen's day sale. It bugs the hell of me, can we not just wait a few days extra to spend the Christmas present money. What ever happened to the 12 days of Christmas. Rant over...

OP, hope you do get some bargains but I will be in my bed, dreaming of the yummy family brunch we will be having.

This sounds a lot better than sales :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Anyone know would online or store delivery have sales in a Next? Or is it only in the shops only? Thx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You might be better off posting somewhere like Fashion and Appearance.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Posy wrote: »
    I don't understand anyone who gets up early on Stephen's Day to barge through crowds in the hope of a couple of quid off something.

Couldnt agree more,dont see the point,unless you like being squashed and bashed around.
    Most of these "sales" are still going right through January and beyond as shops try to get as much stock sold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Posy wrote: »

I agree I might buy a few things online but I definitely won't be getting up early and lining up in shops to save a few Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Seems to be the unpopular opinion here but I actually love going to the sales when they just open!
    Like I would be a bit of a shopaholic myself but I kinda enjoy the busyness atmosphere of it all. Im not ready after Christmas Day to come down to just sitting around for Stephen's Day, I like to be at something, so this fits the bill well :)

Advertisement