Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day take away

• 21-12-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know a take away that opens Christmas Day? I live in Dublin 11 so the north side area! The family want to try something different, thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Go to Tesco Clearwater on Christmas Eve,buy a heap of Rustlers quarter pounder bun burgers and hotdogs.
    You microwave them and 2 minutes later you have quarter pounders and hotdogs.Get a few boxes of microwave chips aswell,and you have takeaway food in a matter of minutes.

You could also pop into Lidl and buy their chinese sweet n sour and egg fried rice and noodle sets.These are lovely and only take a mater of minutes to prepare for eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 coalburner

CarrieD wrote: »
    Does anyone know a take away that opens Christmas Day? I live in Dublin 11 so the north side area! The family want to try something different, thanks

When I lived in NY a lot of the Chinese places opened cause the jews did not celebrate Christmas, check your local Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CarrieD

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I might try the take away meals from the supermarket that's a handy one!

CarrieD wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I might try the take away meals from the supermarket that's a handy one!

Rustlers TV advert,so you know what to look for.

ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=so38plaxsag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

last year I was driving into work and a few of the places on Dorset street were open. I don't think I would ever risk eat in any of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

jd83 wrote: »
    last year I was driving into work and a few of the places on Dorset street were open. I don't think I would ever risk eat in any of them. :)

Ever see a dog (canine) on Dorset Street?

Didn't think so!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Go to Tesco Clearwater on Christmas Eve,buy a heap of Rustlers quarter pounder bun burgers and hotdogs.
    You microwave them and 2 minutes later you have quarter pounders and hotdogs.Get a few boxes of microwave chips aswell,and you have takeaway food in a matter of minutes.

I presumed this was a wind up, maybe not.

In the same vein, maybe buy a few tins of dog food instead and crack them open on Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Marks and Spencer's do nice Chinese meals if there is one anywhere near you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CarrieD

Kelly06 wrote: »
    Marks and Spencer's do nice Chinese meals if there is one anywhere near you

Yes was looking online, m&s seem to be the best, will go with that! Thanks

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    I presumed this was a wind up, maybe not.

In the same vein, maybe buy a few tins of dog food instead and crack them open on Christmas day.

No its not a wind up.its a genuine reply to the op.
    Tesco and most other supermarkets sell Rustlers microwave bun burgers,cheese burgers,quarter pounders and hotdogs,they also sell microwave chips.You pop them into the microwave for a couple of minutes and you have a burger and chips.I tried the Rustlers quarter pounder before when working away from home on a building site in Cork,and it was quite nice to eat.A couple of minutes in the microwave of the onsite canteen and it was a nice hot bite to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If only restaurants and take aways would open on Christmas Day, they would clean up!

But I suppose it might be a license thing... or maybe they enjoy the day just as most of us do!

There is an opening there for an enterprising restaurant, take away, delivery, etc. service.

Not everyone wants to cook Turkey and Ham and feckin Brussels Sprouts either.

I have often wondered why NOTHING in the food service line is open on CD.

But maybe there are!

Let us know, if you are out there.

BTW my local hostillery that does gorgeous food every day, has a takeaway Chrimbo dinner option. You go in on the 22nd, order from the menu, pick it up chilled on 24th, with instructions to heat up etc. Sounds good to me, for those who aren't into the big dinner prep thing.

I like that kind of enterprise and thinking.

We are cooking at home. As always. But someday.....

If only restaurants and take aways would open on Christmas Day, they would clean up!

But I suppose it might be a license thing... or maybe they enjoy the day just as most of us do!

There is an opening there for an enterprising restaurant, take away, delivery, etc. service.

Not everyone wants to cook Turkey and Ham and feckin Brussels Sprouts either.

I have often wondered why NOTHING in the food service line is open on CD.

But maybe there are!

Let us know, if you are out there.

BTW my local hostillery that does gorgeous food every day, has a takeaway Chrimbo dinner option. You go in on the 22nd, order from the menu, pick it up chilled on 24th, with instructions to heat up etc. Sounds good to me, for those who aren't into the big dinner prep thing.

I like that kind of enterprise and thinking.

We are cooking at home. As always. But someday.....

Theres an awfull lot of people who wont even get to see a turkey,ham or brussell sprouts this Christmas Day.Thats because they are homeless or just dont have the money to put food like that on the table.
    So please spare a thought for all those people when you are cooking your turkey and then enjoying it with your family on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Theres an awfull lot of people who wont even get to see a turkey,ham or brussell sprouts this Christmas Day.Thats because they are homeless or just dont have the money to put food like that on the table.
    So please spare a thought for all those people when you are cooking your turkey and then enjoying it with your family on Christmas Day.

Lots of people do spare a thought for that.

I actually think the help is needed more after Christmas, when all the fuss about homeless and the like recedes.

That's when I do my bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭basamin

four star pizza in sandyford is open Christmas day - i kid you not !!!!

Advertisement