Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rob2D wrote: »
    No guard break on show last night.

I reckon we'll see something like ISM's make a return and you'll be able to pick what mechanics you want.

So we know about guard break and revenge; I assume parries/focuses will be next?

When Ryu activated what Ken Bogard called "V mode" He threw a fireball and it staggered Chun... looked like the same animated.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The blockstun on moves and the walkspeed is sooooo slow. Really hoping they pipe that up a bit.

Yeah, I checked it back, at about 4 mins 18 secs Ryu charges up, throws a... VX? Hadoken at Chun and it staggers her.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Yeah, I checked it back, at about 4 mins 18 secs Ryu charges up, throws a... VX? Hadoken at Chun and it staggers her.

Yeah, just like in the trailer. Presumably, every character will get a move like that? Interesting that Ryu only has 2 bars though, so he must get to do it more often than most characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Yeah, just like in the trailer. Presumably, every character will get a move like that? Interesting that Ryu only has 2 bars though, so he must get to do it more often than most characters.

maybe he put his gems all in one basket

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    maybe he put his gems all in one basket

Don't even joke about that- Capcom aren't clueless enough to try something like that with SFV... right?

No one talking about how Ryu's fireballs have more "life" than Chuns. His just destroy hers and keep going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

No one talking about how Ryu's fireballs have more "life" than Chuns. His just destroy hers and keep going.

Yeah you can plainly see them hitting a couple times. But they don't use either meter so maybe it's button strength based? Like a red fireball.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The blockstun on moves and the walkspeed is sooooo slow. Really hoping they pipe that up a bit.

I'd say they will; the game is a long way off yet. I'm sure what we're looking at is the only thing they have in an anywhere near playable state.

Also, did anyone manage to spot what they're plugged into? It would have to be a PC a this point but all I saw under the TV was a 360. I have a feeling the whole thing was just a demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nice to see that it this early stage time is already being focused on important gameplay mechanics like characters getting bowls stuck to their heads.

Oh, I'm not slating the game or anything, I have faith they'll speed it up. Just right now, everything feels very heavy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

youtube.com/watch?v=IVeKxgZReGo

Pretty good analysis from li joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

There's absolutely no point in critiquing or worrying about the way the game looks right now, with regards to hitstop and wonky/slow animations etc, it's early development stage and it's obviously going to change.

For example Ryu's cr.mk hadoken looked about -1000 on block on this video, I have no doubt this will obviously change :pac:

Also Charlie looks like he had the Illuminati gem in his head which would make sense since it is set around SF3? Interesting, are they hinting Gill/Urien? Plz Capcom

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Hope Urien is in, I'd love to crush Ramza's true main and claim once and for all the title of Westmeath Master!

Azza wrote: »
    Hope Urien is in, I'd love to crush Ramza's true main and claim once and for all the title of Westmeath Master!

What will you do if no Bison? :eek:

Would love if Charlie had an Aegis. Charlie and Urien combined = most badass character in SF history

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Ha no Bison....preposterous. What sort of s**t game would SFV without him. Look how SF III turned out, snowmen turning invisible and force powered hermit chucking concrete all over the shop!

Didn't Urien kill Gill at the end of 3S? SUPPOSEDLY, I guess, no one ever really dies. That would rule out Gill coming back, didn't Urien take his powers when he trapped him inside that machine thing in Urien's ending? I don't have a clue about the storylines tbh, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in

Ramza wrote: »
    Didn't Urien kill Gill at the end of 3S? SUPPOSEDLY, I guess, no one ever really dies. That would rule out Gill coming back, didn't Urien take his powers when he trapped him inside that machine thing in Urien's ending? I don't have a clue about the storylines tbh, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in
    someone more knowledgeable
    3S
    RAMZA

Yeah, sure okay :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,964 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Think the only canonical ending to 3S is Alex's as he's the main protagonist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Think the only canonical ending to 3S is Alex's as he's the main protagonist.
    Canon? In SF? Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha :pac:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, sure okay :P

F**k storylines :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

LI Joe posted an interesting video analysing the exhibition match from the Capcom Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Sagat in SFVKFv5fFnl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

For you, Shidoshi.

Okay, I didn't know about this billboard before- seems like Alex is a safe bet at this point?

23_alex01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Okay, I didn't know about this billboard before- seems like Alex is a safe bet at this point?

23_alex01.jpg

Swag fund...

What a bellend

Nutrient wrote: »
    Swag fund...

What a bellend

lol I know, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

lol I know, right?
    Still salty? :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Still salty? :pac:

lol yeah I was robbed :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Okay, I didn't know about this billboard before- seems like Alex is a safe bet at this point?[/IMG]

Wasn't there one in xTekken as well?

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Wasn't there one in xTekken as well?

Yeah, I think so, but to me, it seems like a statement that they intend to include Alex the next time they bring in a bunch of new characters- so I think we'll see him in SFV.

Advertisement