Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New pathway along the Royal Canal in Phibsborough?

• 11-12-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is there any proposals to build a pathway between Crossguns Bridge in Phibsborough and Reilly's or Campbell's Bridge in Cabra? The pathway currently on the canal on this stretch is in a bad condition and I think improvement is needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I walked that stretch of the canal last August and I would have no complaints about it. I walked from Binns Bridge in Drumcondra to Maynooth and the only part I thought needed work done was just after Blanchardstown/Castleknock train station. I think this area is called the Deep Sinking. Except for this area, you could walk or cycle the tow path very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Not really a history & heritage topic, so gonna move this to infrastructure. I'd imagine work here would be needed for stuff like proposed Galway <-> Dublin Greenway etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

There is a plan for a cycle path from the Liffey to Ashford currently in planning. See here - http://irishcycle.com/2014/11/26/details-of-high-profile-dublin-city-cycling-routes-soon-to-be-made-public/

I presume upgraded pedestrian facilities will be a part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I cycled this a while ago, thought it was track/road to Ashtown station, then grass a lot of the way to the m50, track to Clonsilla station and a lot of grass to the first Leixlip station

Advertisement