Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order from HK- Help appreciated

• 09-12-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    So recently (2 weeks ago), I went and ordered some bits from the site: http://store.specwarfare.com/en/contactus
    I know, I know, "don't order from China, its a bad idea, local only." I've heard it before, but personally I like ordering overseas, as the items I need aren't in Ireland, plus I've had a bit of a bad experience with some orders in Ireland.
    Basically, after purchasing through PayPal, the store contacted me exactly 2 weeks ago to tell me my order had been shipped. I paid extra for Speed post, as I wanted to see my new build finished by Christmas at least. Now last time I ordered from this site, I received my package within a couple of days.
    However, the tracking number which I got doesn't show up on the HKPost website, and after 2 weeks I'm getting slightly irritated. I'm probably overreacting, but 2 weeks with no contact, having paid extra for a speedy transit, it sounds a bit odd to me..... I've emailed the site but have no reply at the moment.
    Should my package arrive in say a week or more, and customs haven't touched it, would PayPal be able to reimburse me the extra I paid for speed post? As clearly it doesn't seem to be sent through that.
    Are HKPost notoriously unreliable for tracking their items?
    Thanks guys, any pointers would be great.
    Am I just impatient? :p

Also, I posted this in the Airsoft section, as I'm sure a few of you have had similar problems at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Hey guys
    So recently (2 weeks ago), I went and ordered some bits from the site: http://store.specwarfare.com/en/contactus
    I know, I know, "don't order from China, its a bad idea, local only." I've heard it before, but personally I like ordering overseas, as the items I need aren't in Ireland, plus I've had a bit of a bad experience with some orders in Ireland.
    Basically, after purchasing through PayPal, the store contacted me exactly 2 weeks ago to tell me my order had been shipped. I paid extra for Speed post, as I wanted to see my new build finished by Christmas at least. Now last time I ordered from this site, I received my package within a couple of days.
    However, the tracking number which I got doesn't show up on the HKPost website, and after 2 weeks I'm getting slightly irritated. I'm probably overreacting, but 2 weeks with no contact, having paid extra for a speedy transit, it sounds a bit odd to me..... I've emailed the site but have no reply at the moment.
    Should my package arrive in say a week or more, and customs haven't touched it, would PayPal be able to reimburse me the extra I paid for speed post? As clearly it doesn't seem to be sent through that.
    Are HKPost notoriously unreliable for tracking their items?
    Thanks guys, any pointers would be great.
    Am I just impatient? :p

Also, I posted this in the Airsoft section, as I'm sure a few of you have had similar problems at some stage.

Whats your tracking number look like? Could it be an post, DHL, gls...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

It could be in customs......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I am waiting on a parcel from china myself ordered nearly 2 week ago and it 2 isn't showing up yet.Im just putting it down to x mas post causing a delay.The other thing is china custom can be a pain.It can stay there a day or weeks with them.The one downfall of ordering from china but its really the only one i see as its cheap.Also try a few different china track and trace sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Hey guys
    Thanks for the replies, the carrier is HKPost, and each site I use to trace it just links back to their homepage, so it's the same thing really.
    I was thinking it could be in customs, do they have a habit of not telling you anything about it? It's the fact that the actual postage service don't seem to know where my parcel is that worries me.
    I suppose this is the price to pay for cheap goods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

If customs in ireland have it then it will show up as in ireland.If it just not reading your tracking number means it hasn't left china as it will only pick it u as it leaves the country.My tracking number finally picked up mine stating its leaving for its destination.No i have to wait till it arrives in irland to be able to track it again its a pain but worth it in the end.The one i use is track-trace .com.

• Advertisement

Hey guys
    Thanks for the help, it must have just left China now as the tracking number is finally working. Hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

I order from Hong kong all the time mostly parts though but. Iv bought 2 dtws from there about a month to ship and pass customs . Haven't had a problem , if you get hit for Customs it will tack on 25% of the value and if it's a gun whole it needs to be downgraded to 1 joule before it gets here or it may be seized ,mine come in 2/3 packages so there's nothing to chrono , I assemble them myself , Iv bought 1 here for 200€ more but essentially besides assembly they are the same gun

Yeah I just received my parcel, was happy that it was so quick to actually get to me. BUT:
    Only half my items ordered were in the parcel..... I only received one tracking number and was still charged for the lot (quite a substantial amount, too)
    Anyone have ideas? I'll try ring the shop, but I'm afraid of spending 20eur just calling them :p
    If nothing comes of it, I'll see what paypal can do for me.

Have they got a Skype account the place I use dose and I save a fortune taking to them this way

I honestly have no idea, I'll get in touch with them via Skype tomorrow if my other parcel doesn't arrive (presuming there is another one)
    I really don't understand why they'd split the order in two if that has happened. I have ordered much bulkier products in the past with only one parcel spent.
    Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

Iv often had parcels posted over a number of days from the same order but you'll have to get in touch with them either way I'd do it straight away thought , otherwise they will be asking how come it took so long to report missing parts

Will try ring them today so,I emailed them yesterday but as far as I know they seem to ignore emails.....
    Thanks for the help!

Rang them at 6 in the morning due to the time difference, and got no reply.
    I've also left messages on their EBay account, and emailed them twice.
    Looks like a dispute is in order.....

Your sound once you have payed through PayPal ,unless you bought an aeg ,if so don't inform them of this ,PayPal don't cover rifs , parts yes ,PayPal will close your dispute straight away , speaking from experience here ☺️ I was lucky I spoke to someone in PayPal who put me wise on what not to say when opening the dispute , try using the email the seller provided PayPal maybe you will have more success .

Yeah I opened the dispute today. Hopefully it'll work out for me.
    I put down a refund as an option, in case the items I ordered are out of stock and they didn't tell me.
    The missing parts are just a stock and an outer barrel, but they're quite pricey pieces, hence my need for a refund or better yet, actually receive them :p
    Will update the thread accordingly.
    Thanks for the help d.one

Yeah I opened the dispute today. Hopefully it'll work out for me.
    I put down a refund as an option, in case the items I ordered are out of stock and they didn't tell me.
    The missing parts are just a stock and an outer barrel, but they're quite pricey pieces, hence my need for a refund or better yet, actually receive them :p
    Will update the thread accordingly.
    Thanks for the help d.one

No bother buddy ,my pleasure 😊

Just woke up to a good bit of extra money sitting in my account.
    It seems they refunded me straight away, I suspect that the parts I ordered went out of stock without them telling me.
    You gotta love PayPal sometimes :)
    Now to order the exact same stuff from an Irish retailer for twice the price :D I'm not even sure if they have it though.
    Thanks again guys for your help, it was nice to be guided through it.

Just woke up to a good bit of extra money sitting in my account.
    It seems they refunded me straight away, I suspect that the parts I ordered went out of stock without them telling me.
    You gotta love PayPal sometimes :)
    Now to order the exact same stuff from an Irish retailer for twice the price :D I'm not even sure if they have it though.
    Thanks again guys for your help, it was nice to be guided through it.

Good stuff , glad it worked out ,

Advertisement