Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas tree branch is naked

Options
  • 09-12-2014 11:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

I had buy a new tree this year and went for an artificial tree with built in led lights.

I'm just after opening up the box and sorted the tree into it's stand and brought down the branches. While I was doing this I noticed one branch was half naked - as in the green bits not there but kinda like a clothes hanger wire sticking out. Also sticking out from this half naked branch was a slim red wire. I suppose maybe where a led light should have been. Would the tree be safe to continue use?

I plugged in the tree and it's all working well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

PS, did anyone else come across anything similar with an artificial Christmas tree before?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

I had buy a new tree this year and went for an artificial tree with built in led lights.

I'm just after opening up the box and sorted the tree into it's stand and brought down the branches. While I was doing this I noticed one branch was half naked - as in the green bits not there but kinda like a clothes hanger wire sticking out. Also sticking out from this half naked branch was a slim red wire. I suppose maybe where a led light should have been. Would the tree be safe to continue use?

Bring it back and get a replacement, where abouts did you get it from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Thank you, I ordered from woodies but from online and got it delivered to me. I don't know when I'm going to get time to sort that out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

Thank you, I ordered from woodies but from online and got it delivered to me. I don't know when I'm going to get time to sort that out though.

Can you return it to a Woodies Store. Maybe give their head office a call, it sounds like a manufacturing fault, they should really arrange the return of the tree and a replacement.
    My main tree is from woodies and I have it years so its seems like you were just really unlucky to get a faulty one..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

If you don't have time to arrange returning it could you hide the dodgy branch to the back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement