Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think 1989 is an excellent album, the deluxe album is the one to get.

Love all the songs, well worth buying.

Katy Perry I bet isn't happy with the song 'Bad blood'...

I'm still worried about it though to be honest. I haven't listened to it yet as I'm waiting for it to be delivered (I don't do digital downloads when it comes to buying music).

I'm a much bigger fan of her older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was worried about 1989 because I didn't like the preview songs too much, but I actually really love it. It's right up there with Red for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I really like Taylor Swift. A very talented person.

1989 is actually pretty good, definitely breaking more and more into the pop genre rather than country.

All You Had to Do Was Stay, Bad Blood and Welcome to New York are standout tracks for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Looks like 1989 could be the fastest selling album in US history. Sales are over 960,000 with just 50% of retailers having reported sales. Insane.

Great album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It looks like she kicked up a fuss with Spotify

Taylor Swift Catalog Removed From Spotify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I would rather spend an eternity in silence than half an hour listening to the whining adolescent thrash she passes off as music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

It looks like she kicked up a fuss with Spotify

Taylor Swift Catalog Removed From Spotify
    more to do with her manager looking to boost cd/ download sales in order to pocket himself a bigger selling price for his record label.

World tour announced yesterday, no Ireland again this time around.
    Bagged myself tickets to the London show in the pre sale this morning though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Annoyed about no Irish dates, would like to see her live.

Dublin date just announced!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dublin date just announced!

What a bitch! I've everything already booked for Manchester in June!!! :D

Actually, having said that, I'd prefer to go to Manchester than Dublin any day! :D :pac: :)

Of course, I could always do both!! :D :P

Wilberto wrote: »
    What a bitch! I've everything already booked for Manchester in June!!! :D

Actually, having said that, I'd prefer to go to Manchester than Dublin any day! :D :pac: :)

Of course, I could always do both!! :D :P

Haha! I have London all booked and sorted. Super tempted to try for Dublin as well. I went to the red tour in February and would have loved to go to a second show then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hoping to get tickets, demand will be high.

Got tickets for Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

2 dates, I thought it was just 1!

I'm still worried about it though to be honest. I haven't listened to it yet as I'm waiting for it to be delivered (I don't do digital downloads when it comes to buying music).

I'm a much bigger fan of her older stuff.

After several listens to, I have to say that it's really growing on me. Again, it's not like her older albums, but it's certainly not the disappointment I thought it would be, which is good! :D

So far Blank Space and This Love are probably my preferred tracks off the top of my head. Oh and probably Wildest Dreams too.

My tickets arrived today*! I don't think I've ever had tickets arrive so fast. I also accidentally ordered a CD at the time, so that's a Christmas gift sorted for someone at least!

*My dogs got hold of my tickets before me, so there is a toothmark or two but nothing on the barcode-y bit. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Never really listened to her. Is she a serious artist or another Miley Cyrus esque American twat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

cgpg5 wrote: »
    First single "love story" was good, didn't like the second one ("you belong with me" or something) but can't really remember any of her songs since.

Will fade into obscurity soon enough I feel

Ahh... Bless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Her new song Shake It Off is brutal

Ahhh... Bless... Again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

MadYaker wrote: »
    Never really listened to her. Is she a serious artist or another Miley Cyrus esque American twat?

She used to be quite serious but she's gone pretty generic and sexed up.

She used to be quite serious but she's gone pretty generic and sexed up.

I'm inclined to agree. While she's not 100% at the "generic and sexed up" stage yet though, she is certainly heading there, and if she continues the way she's going her next album could be past that stage!

Still though, I'm still looking forward to June! I would have loved to have seen her 3/4 years ago though.

MadYaker wrote: »

Taken from the Independent: Music bible 'Rolling Stone' has compared the album '1989' to Bob Dylan's early work - "except with more songs about Harry Styles".

She has seven Country music awards and seven Grammys.

Her lyric writing is excellent in my opinion, on 1989 she sings about a friend whom she trusted and who stuck a knife in her, and how she can never forgive her, the lyrics to Bad Blood are about Katy Perry who went and poached three of TS's dancers while on a world tour.

There are some really beautiful songs on the album, songs to sing along to, songs with stories.
    When it comes to album of the year it has made those lists and high up in the lists.

She seems fairly grounded so I hope she stays that way and keeps the good girl image as she doesn't need to change her image, her talent got her to where she is.
    A Barbara Walters interview goes out on Sunday. Miley Cyrus she ain't:
    In the TV special, which airs Sunday night on ABC, Taylor also opens up about the responsibility she feels to be a good role model to her young fans.
    "I put everyone of my actions through a filter before I do them because that's the way my life is," she says. Speaking hypothetically she adds, "If that story gets out or some 10-year-old sees that I did that in a news article, like my actions do have ripples."

• Registered Users Posts: 13 olivepeach

I am not a big self proclaimed fan but I honestly feel she has talent . Liked her recent number Shake it off ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 goldenshark

Taylor's newest mv is wonderful, she looks amazing on that video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

Devastated I am.....

Last summer I brought my kid to Bob Dylan in the Point.

But she refuses to bring me to Taylor Swift.......:(

deandean wrote: »
    Devastated I am.....

Last summer I brought my kid to Bob Dylan in the Point.

But she refuses to bring me to Taylor Swift.......:(

Parenting is a thankless job.

Really looking forward to June...

Her first five albums must be up there among the best first five albums ever, in terms of being of a consistent high quality.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Really looking forward to June...

Her first five albums must be up there among the best first five albums ever, in terms of being of a consistent high quality.

Yeah, although 1989 took a while to grow on me, I absolutely love it now. Even Shake it Off has appealed to me, although that's largely after I saw just how much fun she was having in the video. It kind of made me change the way I viewed the song.

All I ever listen to in the car now though is an mp3 cd with all of he five albums. I still absolutely love her very first album, especially the song "Invisible". That would certainly be one of my favorite T.S. songs, if not my actual favorite.

I'm also looking forward to June as well. It's going to be epic! :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, although 1989 took a while to grow on me, I absolutely love it now. Even Shake it Off has appealed to me, although that's largely after I saw just how much fun she was having in the video. It kind of made me change the way I viewed the song.

All I ever listen to in the car now though is an mp3 cd with all of he five albums. I still absolutely love her very first album, especially the song "Invisible". That would certainly be one of my favorite T.S. songs, if not my actual favorite.

I'm also looking forward to June as well. It's going to be epic! :D :pac:

I do the same as yourself, mine are on my iPhone/iTunes, I play all five albums on shuffle.
    They don't grow old.

Advertisement