Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which is a better bird for Christmas dinner

Options
  • 08-12-2014 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Am undecide between Turkey ,duck and goose. Is goose fatty or meaty ie is there a lot of meat on a goose or fat.is there a lot of flavour in comparison to Turkey. What about duck

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

duck is very greasy and not as nice as turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

To me, for Christmas dinner, it has to be Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Has to be turkey for me. My OH was always on about goose for c.mas dinner, but I was.nt keen. I did a goose during the year to see what it was like. Total different dish altogether. Darker meat, v greasy, different method of cooking etc. As for duck....feck all meat on them....so you would have nothing left for the sandwiches.....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I've never found roast goose greasy. Granted its moister and darker, but its very flavoursome and easy to finish with a few people in one sitting. I see the lack of left overs as a positive - you just get that one tasty chance to eat it. I've never had it on Christmas day but we'd often have one with the trimmings for a family get together in January. Just watched a lovely recipe on Jamie's Cracking Christmas for one with a lovely spice rub. V tempted to try it out this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Goose is brilliant cooked properly. Turkey is amazing with the nigella Lawson recipe of soaking it in brine and spices over night. The Turkey stays moist

Advertisement