Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

where do you buy hanger to hang wreath for pvc door

• 08-12-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I got a lovely christmas wreath to hang on the front door.. only prob is our front door doesn't have anything to hang it from.. no knob, knocker etc.. How do you hang your christmas wreath on your pvc door? Is there a hanger you can buy etc.. Where in north Dublin/city centre stocks such a thing in any of the supermarkets??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Homestore and More had them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Heatons online has them for 2 euro. Under Christmas and decorations on the site.

I saw them in the 2 euro shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Great not near a Heatons or Homestore but will check a euro shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I normally buy things like that on amazon. Depending on whether it s heavy of not you can get these plastic hooks with a sticky back pad in most one euro stores. They might work if it is not very heavy.

It's not a heavy real one just small I tried ribbon/sellotape combo last year and kept sliding down and marked door with tape so a different approach this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

try these:

hooks.jpg

we use the smaller ones on the fireplace for hanging christmas stockings and even when those stockings were over-full they don't slide/fall down,

you can buy them in Woodies, Tesco, homestore, various places like those.

we used these ones to hang up pictures on the walls when we were renting and they held big heavy frames, just follow the instructions on the pack (we cheated once and didn't hold it for the full length of time stated and it fell down instantly, did it right and since then not one has fallen and we've used them every year for christmas for the past 5 years)

also they are simple to get off afterwards (you pull the tab and it comes clean off) so no mess the rest of the year! :D

Great might try them cheaper probably than the hanger too I might get some for few other uses around house

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eildar

I use ribbon and a thumb tack pinned to the very top of the door. Always holds and there's no visible hole from the thumb tack when I take it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

In Heatons last year I got. Christmas Wreath suction hook. I have a PVC front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Suction Hook. Lever Type. Can be got in any good Hardware Shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I got one in penneys the weekend and my pvc door shuts with it, my mams won't for some reason I think it varies, it was only 1.50

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Suction wreath hangers are 6 euro in a garden centre or a diy store.
    I just hang our willow and acorn wreath off the door knocker on our front door,simple and works a charm too.

Advertisement