Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something Different for the Office Party

• 01-12-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all....

I'm looking after the Christmas party this year and have the meal booked already in Dublin city centre. We're sitting around 9 or 9.30pm so we'll be doing something beforehand.

And ideas of what I could do to spruce things up a little? Going to the pub is the obvious idea but looking for something to "Christmas it up a bit". Anything we could do in the pub, at the restaurant etc? Only thing I can think of right now is buying 25 pairs of LED reindeer antlers!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Go somewhere for mulled wine or something similarly festive beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Is the Christmas market open that late for mince pies and mulled wine? Or is there somewhere you go have a mulled wine "reception". Any of the pubs near the restaurant willing to reserve an area and make mulled wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Not bad ideas. The meal itself is on Exchequer St. so might be somewhere around there. Do any city centre pubs do cocktail taster courses or something like that? Might be fun and get the drinks flowing before the food.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pm750

Try out paint ball shooting.always good fun.bring change of clothes though.great one in Co Wicklow

pm750 wrote: »
    Try out paint ball shooting.always good fun.bring change of clothes though.great one in Co Wicklow

Cheers for that but I'm looking for something to do in maybe the 2 hours before the meal.

• Advertisement

SachaJ wrote: »
    Cheers for that but I'm looking for something to do in maybe the 2 hours before the meal.

Thanks for the input guys. I've booked a cocktail making class for a couple of hours before the meal so hopefully that will get the fun started and sure drinking the cocktails will help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There's a haunted house in temple bar taking booking for Christmas parties to go in! Search temple bar house of horrors on Facebook to find all the info.

Advertisement