Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comedy Audiences and Smartphones

Options
  • 04-12-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

Was in Vicar St last night to watch Frank Skinner.

Couldn't believe the amount of phone activity going on around me without regard to other punters throughout the gig.

Woman to my left, woman to my right and lad in front of me all checking their phones throughout.

Why pay so much to go to a gig and then spend time not paying attention.

Maybe I'm old school but I turn my phone off before a gig starts.

Two lads beside me were having a full on loud conversation during the opening act which is another kettle of fish.

I haven't been to Vicar St in a number of years - maybe a notice at the start to switch off phones (like they have in the cinema) could be the solution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I had to tell two women to shut up during David O'Doherty at Vicar St. a few months back.

They were loudly chatting away, discussing his jokes etc. during the show.

Some people have zero attention span and no notion that there are other people around them and they're not just at home watching TV.

It's bad enough during a music gig but loud talking during a stand-up show is unforgivable.

Advertisement