Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - #14 Baby & Crumble

• 29-11-2014 12:24pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happy Saturday all, coming to you a day later this week as the excitement of the toy show, putting my tree up and Ray Foley's Naked Breakfast had all of my spare time yesterday!

So here we go, the Toy Show is over for another year, trees are popping up left right and here :P and this is the last KYE thread to start in November!!

So lets kick off,

1) Favourite Christmas Song?
    2) Did you watch the toy show?
    3) Favourite sweets to eat at Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »

1) Favourite Christmas Song?
    2) Did you watch the toy show?
    3) Favourite sweets to eat at Christmas?

Thanks Loughc!

1) Probably Santa Baby. And Carol of The Bells. And River. Although I love most Christmas songs!

2) Yes. Every year. Last nights faves included the awesome Ninja girl and the Crazy Kart. I need one.

3) That's hard! Probably Celebrations. Nom.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes I NEED that crazy kart also haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds like you used your day off to its full advantage, Loughc!! :D

Hi B&C! o/

What is the best Christmas present you ever received as a child?

Which do you prefer out of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Stephen's Day?

Do you listen to Christmas FM every year?

Do you have a favourite festive advert?

Posy wrote: »

Hi B&C! o/

Hi Posy!!! :):):)
    What is the best Christmas present you ever received as a child?

The year I got a Crayola Deluxe case with loads of paper and colouring books. I lost it. See?

329982.jpg

The eyes... the crazy eyes!!!!!

:p
    Which do you prefer out of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Stephen's Day?

That's really hard to say. Probably either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I'm not a big fan of St. Stephens Day. By then I tend to have cabin fever. If I had to choose, probably Christmas Eve. I like anticipation, and that day is the very definition of anticipation, isn't it?
    Do you listen to Christmas FM every year?

Full disclosure: I have NEVER listened to Christmas FM. :o I know, I know. I just never listen to radio, full stop. I have mutliple Christmas playlists on my ipod, but I don't listen to the radio. I have this weird control thing, I hate being told what I have to listen to. Hence my own personal Christmas FM in my pocket! :p
    Do you have a favourite festive advert?

Ooooooh. I have a few. The Budweiser horses will forever remind me of my Mother, who passed away 5 years ago. She used to call or text me as soon as she saw it on tv once I moved away. So that one is a little bittersweet but I have a massive soft spot for it.

And obviously the classic Coca-Cola trucks ad.

And the Guiness ad. I love it.

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

What's your favourite stall at a Christmas Market?

What's the one dish you couldn't do without on Christmas Day?

What would be in your time machine selection box?

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    What's your favourite stall at a Christmas Market?

What's the one dish you couldn't do without on Christmas Day?

What would be in your time machine selection box?

1) In all honesty, probably the potato stall! You know those amazing potatoes? God they are AMAZING!!! I also love all the little wooden decorations though.

2) Turkey. Who doesn't have turkey???? I had beef one year and it was the weirdest.

3) There was a bar years ago that was gorgeous. It was like a Moro but with raisins. Anyone remember that??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Real tree or fake tree?

Do have colour schemes for your decorations?

When does Christmas really start for you?

Will you be playing any board games this Christmas?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Real tree or fake tree?

Do have colour schemes for your decorations?

When does Christmas really start for you?

Will you be playing any board games this Christmas?

1) Fake tbh. I don't like how the real ones shed and smell in a room. Plus I always think they look "uneven" with weird proportions.

2) Nope! All colours, all the time!! Everything and anything.

3) I start Christmas early- I love it! But it always feels like the season has really started when I go to the Gloria Christmas concert in St. Patrick's Cathedral. I love it.

4) Hopefully! I looooove board games. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Loving your enthusiasm B&C....

So any special Christmas wish for this year?

And I have to say I play lots of CDs etc... as well. BUT would listen to Christmas FM IF i could... no coverage this side of the Shannon!

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    Loving your enthusiasm B&C....

So any special Christmas wish for this year?

In all honesty, the only thing I want this year is for my partners uncle, who has intellectual disabilities and autism, to be out of the hospital he's in. He's been sick for months and our lives kind of revolve around visiting and supporting him there. It's exhausting. I just want him healthy so we can really enjoy our Christmas together.

Failing that, I'd like a new phone. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Christmas jumpers yes or no?
    Do you buy Christmas crackers?
    Is your tree up yet?
    Who is the hardest person on your present list to buy for and why?

SarahLil wrote: »
    Christmas jumpers yes or no?
    Do you buy Christmas crackers?
    Is your tree up yet?
    Who is the hardest person on your present list to buy for and why?

1) I say fair play to anyone who wear them, but I suppose I prefer "Christmassy" rather than Christmas jumpers. I love fairisle and Nordic patterns.

2) God yeah! Who doesn't like crackers??!!!??

3) No. It probably would be if I hadn't just bought a house and are kind of between 2 houses!!!

4) my Dad. He's impossible, but to be fair to him, he doesn't ever want or expect presents. So that works out ok!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Hi Baby & Crumble,

Whats the most precious Christmas decoration you have
    Christmas pud or cake
    Will you just chill or visit on Stephens day

delw wrote: »
    Hi Baby & Crumble,

Whats the most precious Christmas decoration you have
    Christmas pud or cake
    Will you just chill or visit on Stephens day

1) Hmmmm. I don't really know. When I was little, my Mum used always have a tradition of one new tree decoration every year, and maybe a few new baubles from Penneys or somewhere to brighten things up. My Dad doesn't put up a tree any more since she passed away, so I suppose even though I don't have them, all of those ones are pretty precious to me. I do have some of my own, as my gf and I have have taken on that tradition ourselves, but I can't quite remember what ones we have!!! That's bad, isn't it?

2) Neither. I can't stand both. Mince pies are where it's at!!!

3) When I was growing up we never really visited anyone. My family is very small, and my Dads a big believer in keeping to yourself at Christmas. This year I have no idea because I'm going to be with my in-laws do God only knows what's going to happen!!!

Thanks for all the questions guys! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank you Baby & Crumble another great thread :)

Advertisement