Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mantle piece ideas

• 04-12-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Right o every year I put a garland on my mantle piece.I have two mantle s

This yr I want to change around maybe..

What else do ye put on your mantle piece if it's not a garland?

Or is this just the best option?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just go with a garland every year. I put holly and berry lights on it before to jazz it up a bit. I usually put some cinnamon sticks and oranges pirerced with cloves in the garland to make it small like Christmas. :)

I'd love to do a 'double garland' like this
    aafe879b0545b27861665b4ee124d5bb.jpg
    but I can never get it to stay up in the middle, so I generally just put it along the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

That looks lovely.
    Maybe I could go with a version of that.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love the pic Posy, this is my first year having a fireplace and garland, hope to get the decorations up Saturday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is the one I did with the holly and berry lights, complete with oranges and cinnamon!
    5K2dZ72.jpg

KuiX7NV.jpg

aSjCDe0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Wow! Fab mantle!

This is my first year with a mantle, got some holly and berry lights and put up a few of my ornaments, candles and Christmas market mugs :) But does anyone know somewhere to buy nice stockings? Only ones I have seen were a bit cheap and plain looking, but haven't had time to shop around much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

monflat wrote: »
    What else do ye put on your mantle piece if it's not a garland?

Or is this just the best option?

on ours we have a combination of photo's (always there) and inbetween these we put our christmas candle holders (the ones we don't light)

my mother in law transform's her mantlepiece into a little christmas village with all these tiny houses and shops and lamp post's..etc you'd see in many of the christmas shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

hoodwinked wrote: »
    on ours we have a combination of photo's (always there) and inbetween these we put our christmas candle holders (the ones we don't light)

my mother in law transform's her mantlepiece into a little christmas village with all these tiny houses and shops and lamp post's..etc you'd see in many of the christmas shops.

That sounds nice
    I have a few bits like that I could put together something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

monflat wrote: »
    That sounds nice
    I have a few bits like that I could put together something

i meant to say she has some light up houses and does fake snow and everything, it looks great to be honest.

she's still adding to it to be fair it took a good few years to build up i'd guess.

Advertisement