Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas songs on the radio

• 26-11-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Howya do anybody know when the main radio stations (2fm,today fm etc) play there first Christmas song??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Pat Kenny played one last week but they officially begin on the 1st. Probably Ryan Tubirdy will have Larry Gogan wheeled in and they will make a great fuss about the old tradition of Larry playing the first song and isn't he great for his age and all that stuff. Then it's a free for all :-)

Edit. Just realised the 1st is Saturday and Tubirdy will be hungover after the toy show. He might cheat on Friday morning and play one hoping to establish a new tradition that will keep him employed for the next 50 years like Larry. He can then say giddyness overtook him when Larry's enforcers come pounding at the door. So who is on 2fm around 9am on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

At the end of the Late Late Toy Show, Ryan Tubridy should be shot, followed by a rousing rendition of Jingle Bell Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cooliotheboya

Snowc wrote: »
    Howya do anybody know when the main radio stations (2fm,today fm etc) play there first Christmas song??

AFAIK 2FM play theres on the breakfast show 7-9 am on 1 December each year. They get Larry Gogan in to do the honours.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AFAIK 2FM play theres on the breakfast show 7-9 am on 1 December each year. They get Larry Gogan in to do the honours.

As the 1st of December is a Saturday this year, should we expect is to be pushed back to the first Monday of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

It's pretty much always on the 1st (regardless of what day of the week it is). Once Larry Gogan plays the first song, all RTE stations are free to play Christmas songs from then on.

However, I believe Christmas FM goes on air tomorrow... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Christmas FM · 31,654 like this.
    4 hours ago ·
    Have you all got your radios preset for tomorrow morning?
    Christmas FM from NOVEMBER 28th 2012 will be on air on FM in Dublin-94.3, Kildare-88.1, Limerick City-105.5, Cork City-106.7, Galway City-89.5, South East (Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny) -103.8 Live from the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel in aid of ISPCC Childline. If your city is not mentioned above you can listen through our apps or online at Christmasfm.ie

Cut and pasted from FB.... Christmas music songs etc 24/7 from tomorrow....yipeeeeeeeeeee#

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Any date yet for the first one on the radio this year lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Dermot & Dave played Mariah Carey over a week ago I think! Ray Foley started officially this morning! (Both 98fm)

Louise Duffy played one yesterday morning or this morning, I'm not sure and Ray D'Arcy is playing Fairytale of New York as I type! (Both TodayFM)

Beat 102-103 in the South-East officially started playing them this morning too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

so its cool that all radio stations hold off til december 1st, its 4th now and i havent heard any yet, prob because i listen to newstalk all day!
    so when do xmas songs offically stop? i have noticed a trend of radios point blank stopping playing songs on 27th decc, sometimes 26th, i always rememeebr in the 90s radio stations played them until dec 31st.

which brings me to when are the 12 days of xmas? for me xmas starts on 20th dec and finishs on Jan 1st, thats me anyway, back to normal on Jan 2 nd

Advertisement