Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barclay Centre

Options
  • 30-10-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

Howdy All,

I'm going to be in new york the night that the Nets play the kings, so if anyone has been there could you answer a few questions?

I'll be staying in manhattan, how easy/hard is to get to the arena from there?

i was looking at ticket prices and the ones that look affordable are the higher up ones (obviously) Whats the view like from the nose bleed is section?

Thanks,
    EC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I was there a few years ago around the same time and also stayed in Manhattan. There are subway stops right outside the stadium, max 30 seconds walk so check the subway map as it shouldn't be too hard to work out. A recommendation while you're there is to purchase a multi day subway ticket, transport system is 2nd to none.

If you're unsure of the view from the seats you're purchasing then check out seatgeek.com for the game you're looking at. When you select the tickets you want it will give you a virtual view of what it will be like.

Food/drink is expensive inside so try get a feed before you get there. We were extremely lucky that the tickets we purchased through stubhub got doubled booked and we got upgraded to better seats which included free food & drink (non alco) so didn't suffer the extortinate prices when we got inside. Think it was section 123 we ended up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭ec18

thanks Kinet1c

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

ec18 wrote: »
    Howdy All,

I'm going to be in new york the night that the Nets play the kings, so if anyone has been there could you answer a few questions?

I'll be staying in manhattan, how easy/hard is to get to the arena from there?

i was looking at ticket prices and the ones that look affordable are the higher up ones (obviously) Whats the view like from the nose bleed is section?

Thanks,
    EC

The 2,3,4,5, B,D,Q trains all stop at the barclays center.. When u exit the subway there you are right outside the arena. There isnt a whole lot out there apart from the arena. If its food your looking for before you go in a couple of street vendors is the best option. Beers are going to be $10 min so dont be having too many!

The view from the higher sections are surprisingly better than you would think. Advice go in early and get down as close to the court as you can. Chance your arm and get as low as you can. Also there are clothes shops bars (and barbers) etc. all inside so get there early and soak up the atmosphere. Also dont be in too much of a rush leaving the place as the subway is jammers straight after the game.

Enjoy! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    The 2,3,4,5, B,D,Q trains all stop at the barclays center.. When u exit the subway there you are right outside the arena. There isnt a whole lot out there apart from the arena. If its food your looking for before you go in a couple of street vendors is the best option. Beers are going to be $10 min so dont be having too many!

The view from the higher sections are surprisingly better than you would think. Advice go in early and get down as close to the court as you can. Chance your arm and get as low as you can. Also there are clothes shops bars (and barbers) etc. all inside so get there early and soak up the atmosphere. Also dont be in too much of a rush leaving the place as the subway is jammers straight after the game.

Enjoy! :-)

Wouldnt you be taking someone seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Meant for the purpose of taking pictures and seeing the place before the game starts..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭ec18

Thanks for all the info guys!

Advertisement