Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xmas jigsaw

• 14-11-2014 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Started this tonite shall take pics every nite of different stages... Any1 else do these... Gets me and the oh in the festive spirit... It's the 2013 ravensburger...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Started this tonite shall take pics every nite of different stages... Any1 else do these... Gets me and the oh in the festive spirit... It's the 2013 ravensburger...

Where did you get it? Would love to get it. Where did you get the jigsaw board as well to put the pieces in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Loughc wrote: »
    Where did you get it? Would love to get it. Where did you get the jigsaw board as well to put the pieces in?

Have loads of them started few year back... Haven't got this year's one yet... They do a limited edition 1000 piece Xmas jigsaw every year... The board is just a bread board... Got a few off a bread man...dead handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Another option. Bought this in argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1575572/Trail/searchtext%3EXMAS+JIGSAW.htm

It's 3 x 1000 piece scenes in 1 box.

Usually make the ravensberger one but this is better value I think.

In terms of boards to make it on, this is really good.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravensburger-17949-Puzzlestore/dp/B003GSLBUQ

I've had it for a few years now and it's great to be able to close it over and store the jigsaw without it falling apart. I got mine in a local toy shop. I think it's around 40 euro. Pricey but if you make them every year it's not that bad.

Second nite at it and it's coming to a bit...

• Advertisement

Latest pic... One more nite should do this...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Latest pic... One more nite should do this...

It's looking great! Good job!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I love jigsaws. I have a stack of them but I never get the time to make them. You'd swear I'm mammy to a load of kids but no. I'm single woman. Slaved into exhaustion. I worked 13 hours Monday, similar hours Tuesday and yestesday and probably will be home at fcuk o clock again tonight. I would love to do a Xmas jigsaw and glue it when it's done and add it as a decoration piece to the sitting room :(

Do it bit by bit an hour here and there... Passes time great...well worth it with the lovely xmas scenes ya can get... Have glue at home to stick them but never actually got around to it...

And we're done...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant!! :D

*applauds*

This year's jigsaw made a start tonite hope to get a good bit a time at this for the next few evenings... Xmas songs in the background of course...

Where did you get if from Danny?

Got it in Tesco was €12 so not too shabby... Great pastime to get in the festive spirit...

Got it in Tesco was €12 so not too shabby... Great pastime to get in the festive spirit...

Must pick one up myself :)

Little by little does it

Little by little does it

Good going! I love watching it come together.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Have quiet a few Christmas jigsaws and love making them this time of the year.

Making one now that I'm going to frame and hang on the wall this Christmas

-Getting there

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Finished these two 500 piece jigsaws over the weekend which join together so im gonna get it framed and hang it on the wall for Christmas :D:D

akvku0.jpg

2z5suc2.jpg

11ujo0o.jpg

• Advertisement

Got a bit of help tonite

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Before I even clicked that, I KNEW there would be cats!! :D

2d2ys3.jpg

I picked up this bad boy in tkmaxx today. €12. Gonna get cracking on it on Sunday.

Looks a nice one...

2016 ravensburger 20th anniversary Christmas jigsaw all the way from Harrods Christmas shop London.

• Just looked through this thread. Danny I've been inspired! I'm gonna go looking for a Christmas jigsaw tomorrow. What a relaxing way to spend some evenings in the lead up to Christmas.

Just hoping my cat is as helpful as yours.

2016 ravensburger 20th anniversary Christmas jigsaw all the way from Harrods Christmas shop London.

Snap Danny. I just opened mine today.

Slow progress but it was my first go at it. Will update as I go along.

x54coi.jpg

Not starting ours till tomorrow evening but yea definitely a great way to spend the evenings.

Be no time before it takes shape. Slow and steady progress the way to go.

• Advertisement

Not starting ours till tomorrow evening but yea definitely a great way to spend the evenings.

Yea I love it. Very relaxing.

Advertisement