Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth brooks Album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Some good songs on it. Its only available today but here's the link for anyone who can't find it.

https://www.ghosttunes.com/garth-brooks/

Can't wait until the 10th of November.

We seem to have the new Double Live album out tomorrow as well, according to hmv and extra-vision websites.

Its the new version with extra songs and the DVD.

Then the brand new release of his Man Against Machine album the week after.

Two weeks in a row for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunbabe08 wrote: »

So jealous.

Wonder would we see him back in 2015.

It won't be in croke park and it won't be in the aviva as thats taken for the 3 nights.

If we do, it could be similar to what Bruce Springsteen did a few years ago, a tour of Ireland and a few nights in the RDS.

I can only hope.

oh that would be fantastic if he toured around ireland. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

On first listen it seems good.

Standout tracks for me are

"Mom"
    "Send 'Em on down the road"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I got my CD on Monday. Never in my life did I ever buy an album on release day. I'm loving it very much. On first listen, there wasn't one that I didn't like. Follows up listens and my stand out tracks and favourites are:
    - All American Kid
    - Wrong About You
    - Midnight Train
    - Cowboys Forever
    - Fish
    - You Wreck Me
    - Tacoma.

I transferred the music to my IPod and lend my CD to a friend who turned off him after this summer. Good news - She's liking him again.

I hope it sells well. Chart is out tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon so we'll find out then how it's done in the charts. A number 1 might swing him into coming back for a concert, I hope. It probably won't be anytime soon but I hope it does happen.

Album went into number 12 in the charts. I was hoping for a number 1 but maybe next week. Although I doubt a number 1 would swing him into coming back to Ireland.

i have a feeling he won't be coming back to ireland for a while:(

I was really hoping he would come back, but I don't think he will.

He joined social media during the week, there's a video on twitter, where a girl in the UK asked when would he be coming around on this side of the world.

He basically said that he's seen the tour schedule until the end of 2017 and its all over on that side of the world, in America and Canada. So basically 2018.

I can get over what happened in Dublin, if there was a a real world tour, and maybe there's a chance in 2015. But its a world tour of America.

If there's an album....you kind of expect a tour, not 4 years later.

20 years of a fan but not anymore.

• Advertisement

I was really hoping he would come back, but I don't think he will.

He joined social media during the week, there's a video on twitter, where a girl in the UK asked when would he be coming around on this side of the world.

He basically said that he's seen the tour schedule until the end of 2017 and its all over on that side of the world, in America and Canada. So basically 2018.

I can get over what happened in Dublin, if there was a a real world tour, and maybe there's a chance in 2015. But its a world tour of America.

If there's an album....you kind of expect a tour, not 4 years later.

20 years of a fan but not anymore.

I saw that alright.

Earlier this year it was rumoured he was due to start a world tour in the autumn or winter of this year and it was rumoured or came out some where that he tour was going to be 3 years. So that's 2014 to 2017.

This summer the mediator that was called in for the dispute around croke park, came out with a statement and in it he wrote that Ireland was due to be a big feature of GB's world tour.

Now, here is GB saying he has seen his schedule right up into 2017 and he is busy with America.

Whatever that was planned for Ireland would surely have been included in the planned three year world tour.

It looks very much like he pulled Ireland from his tour. :(

How for the love of God can he get away with promoting his tour as a 'world tour' when he hasn't a notion of touring anywhere outside of America? Remember his tour was planned to be three years and now it's all just full of America.

Of course Ireland was going to be a big feature.

He has plans to overtake U2, the biggest touring act, I think. Their 360 tour pulled in 7.2 million ticket sales and 750 million dollars over a two year period.

He has sold over a million tickets in America so far. He realises he doesn't have to leave the place.

But one difference, U2 done a proper world tour instead of inviting their fans to Ireland or wherever, like garth brooks did in his letter.

He's full of himself. Lost all respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

He's full of himself. Lost all respect for him.
    I guess this is a divorce.

As a country music fan I admire what he did in the nineties, and I admire him for walking away from it, even though his music was never my music. His "comeback", from the Vegas residency to the double speak of last summer and beyond, was all about the money. It's the fans I feel sorry for, any "former" fans could do much worse than checking out the likes of Dierks Bentley, Eric Church & Brad Paisley.

Advertisement