Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advanced warfare first impressions

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

DarkJager wrote:
    Just finished the campaign, absolutely ****ing brilliant. Definitely the best call of duty SP in a very long time. I'm actually excited at the prospect of a sequel to this compared to Ghosts, which I couldn't care less about if it ever gets a follow up.

enjoyed the campaign until Terminus level wouldn't load last night or this morning so traded into Cex for 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

sweetie wrote: »
    enjoyed the campaign until Terminus level wouldn't load last night or this morning so traded into Cex for 50.

You traded it in because of the campaign??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

thats crazy, campaign is only a tiny part of a call of duty game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Wow you missed out, Terminus is probably one of the best levels in it. Pure rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm finishing every game of MP with a k/d of 1.5 (mostly 22/23 kills and 10/12 deaths) Am I just extremely lucky or actually a decent player at it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm finishing every game of MP with a k/d of 1.5 (mostly 22/23 kills and 10/12 deaths) Am I just extremely lucky or actually a decent player at it? :D
    just lucky... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Anyone on PS3 tonight fancy a few games? Add me - kitsch_cat

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

MP is the kiddy.

Loving it more and more. Yeah Campaign is what it usually is but I'm really enjoying MP. I don't very often finish with a KDR over 1.0 but I feel like
    its down to my skill more than the game.

Can't complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

What platform are you playing it on. The PS3 and 360 versions look cack as they need the frame rate locked at 60fps so the textures had to give, with the PS3 version being the worst. On the PS4 it's one of the best looking games on the console right now.

I'm on PS4. Honestly, the textures are such a disappointment. Take a second to look closely at walls, rocks etc. they look pixelated and crap. Even the city details in campaign are very basic (cars, landscape, buildings). BF4 was thoroughly more detailed than this.

Just was expecting more in the visual department from a COD on nextgen at this stage.

MP is fun but utterly madness. Has to be the closest combat of all the COD - Although i'm scoring well i'd be going well to stay alive for 20 seconds! would be good to have a large scale (slower paced) map to allow a bit of strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Am I the only one who dosent care if some bits of a wall aren't textured or there is a pixel out of place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Every single game mode needs a re spawn delay on this. Can't wait for the ranked ruled to be sorted, 4v4 Is far more suitable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

AdamD wrote: »
    Every single game mode needs a re spawn delay on this. Can't wait for the ranked ruled to be sorted, 4v4 Is far more suitable too.

What you mean? About the ranked ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What you mean? About the ranked ?

At the moment It's just 5 game modes with normal rules. Once the competitive community decide on their ruleset it will be implemented in the ranked playlist. This usually involves removing unbalanced maps/modes/attachments and changing re spawn delays.

At the moment It's just 5 game modes with normal rules. Once the competitive community decide on their ruleset it will be implemented in the ranked playlist. This usually involves removing unbalanced maps/modes/attachments and changing re spawn delays.

I think its fairly stupid the way you can quit and some one else join tho . Should be more like bo2 league play tbh

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I think its fairly stupid the way you can quit and some one else join tho . Should be more like bo2 league play tbh

Fully agree, it's a mess at the moment but I think it'll be sorted by season 1.

Fully agree, it's a mess at the moment but I think it'll be sorted by season 1.

Ya hopefully because ghosts ranked play was a mess the whole way threw

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

After a few more days playing:

The connection issues need to be addressed, at the moment its the most obvious problem with the game.

The spawns need to be looked at, you either respawn way too close to people or actually into gunfire or grenades. They just don't feel right at the moment.

The System Hack scorestreak is way too powerful in its current state. It almost completely obscures your screen for 30-40 seconds and feels overpowered at 600 score.

The Bal-27 needs to be patched. Its better than any SMG at close range and outperforms pretty much every other assault rifle at medium to long range. There is no reason to use any other gun at the moment and that just doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Any one else find it very hard to go positive? My first game I did very well kill to death wise but now for every kill its 2 deaths..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

After a few more days playing:

The connection issues need to be addressed, at the moment its the most obvious problem with the game.

The spawns need to be looked at, you either respawn way too close to people or actually into gunfire or grenades. They just don't feel right at the moment.

The System Hack scorestreak is way too powerful in its current state. It almost completely obscures your screen for 30-40 seconds and feels overpowered at 600 score.

The Bal-27 needs to be patched. Its better than any SMG at close range and outperforms pretty much every other assault rifle at medium to long range. There is no reason to use any other gun at the moment and that just doesn't make sense.

Ya system hack is a pain in the hole. I suppose it's only 600 as there is a Perk to neutralize it but it still does my head in. Would agree with the bal27 as well. Makes using other guns almost a waste of time.

Joined a party earlier and was brought into classic mode, the game feels great without the exos. Very disappointing actually, could have been an excellent cod but with the Exo speed as it is currently the spawn system can't keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

First impression after 5 hours or so of play is that it looks like it's going to be another year of BO2 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Makaveli wrote: »
    First impression after 5 hours or so of play is that it looks like it's going to be another year of BO2 for me.

Yeah the honeymoon is over for me too, bad connections, bad spawns, no viable variety in the weapons.

Not liking this game very much tbh . Loved all mw games and bo2 but ghosts and this are turning me off cod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CptMackey wrote: »
    Ya system hack is a pain in the hole. I suppose it's only 600 as there is a Perk to neutralize it but it still does my head in. Would agree with the bal27 as well. Makes using other guns almost a waste of time.

Agree system hack is a pain was in a game yesterday and it seems like evry player on the other team was running it because played a full side of dom with my screen flashing. need to create a class with the perk to counter it

I tried a KF5 class with grip and advanced rifling and played domination. worked well on a couple of maps but it really need advanced rifling to be any use. k/d was generally in the 1.5-2 with it

my frustration at the moment is when connection is good really enjoying the game but when connection is bad it is extremely rage inducing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SierraSierra 247

The campaign is the better game mode this year for me. It has a brilliant storyline and the characters are incredible.
    Kevin Spacey was perfect for the role of Irons in my opinion.

The multiplayer is atrocious, what an absolute cluster****.
    Usually I am an average player when it comes to MP ,especially in the Modern Warfare series.
    I can keep a positive K/D ratio in most CoD's but this year with Advanced Warfare and the introduction of the Exo Suits, I can't hit my target, the ability to jump with crazy speed has me confused to hell.

I think I will be sticking to the Classic Playlist this year.

My Two Cents.

Advertisement